Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Barking Dog - Animal Sound Alarm Clock
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Color: Blue|Change

on June 6, 2012
I was looking for a simple alarm clock for my daughter who is about to start Kindergarten. I remember having an alarm clock when I was very young and I loved it. While there are all types of fancy alarm clocks out there that have lights and projection, I just wanted something basic. She loves the bright colors on the clock and the "tweet, tweet, tweet" alarm. There are no instructions because you don't need them. You turn one dial on the back to set the clock time, you turn another dial on the back to set the alarm time, and you slide a switch to the on position to activate the alarm.

This alarm is loud. My husband does not like the volume, but I do. I can hear the alarm from other rooms in the house so I know when to go in and help with the wake up process. If your child is very sensitive to noise, this may not be the best choice. To turn the alarm off you must use the switch on the back. Young children may not be able to do this by themselves, which is nice. I don't have to worry about building a "snooze" habit at the age of 5!

The only problem I have had is that the alarm time is difficult to set. If you want the alarm to wake your child up at the top of the hour, no problem. However, if you want the alarm to wake your child up on the quarter or half hour, that is more difficult to set and it took a few days of experimentation.
on December 29, 2011
My daughter opened this for the holidays and loved it. It's super cute and makes a nice trotting/neighing sound when you press a botton. However, right from the start it looses about 15 minutes every hour. I'll have to return it.
on December 3, 2012
My backyard raccoons don't say much unless they're fighting over peanuts (raw, unsalted, in shells). The clock alarm sounds just like them. Our indoor cats act like we've lost our minds replacing an annoying buzzer with an annoying raccoon sound but it's much less jarring to our human nerves to awaken to raccoon chatter. I recommend this for kids and adult kids alike.
on November 3, 2015
The Raccoon Talking Alarm Clock is a quality clock with an alarm sounding like screaming (arguing) raccoons. For 90% of people who are familiar with raccoons, this sound is very authentic and natural. However, it would have been better if the sound was of raccoons talking which is more like a purring or trilling sound. It is a much more pleasant sound. I purchased two clocks. One for myself and one for my grand daughter. At first I thought that I would be able to play it to raccoons but since it is arguing raccoons, the clock would not last long around them. Yes, the alarm will work to get our attention and wake us, but being familiar with real raccoons, we would both prefer the sound of them talking. If you ever come out with a real, "Talking Raccoon Clock," we will be first in line to purchase a few of them.
on February 20, 2016
I hate this alarm clock. Now, you're probably wondering why it gets five stars if I despise it so, but that is because my daughter absolutely loves it. She is a raccoon fanatic and squealed when she unwrapped this for Christmas. It took her some trial and error to get used to setting the alarm as she isn't used to the non-digital alarm clocks of my day, but she has it down pat now. The chattering of a raccoon wakes her up every morning to her delight (not mine). It is one of those type of items you have to be a fan of in order to appreciate it as she does. Personally, I find the darn thing annoying and she can never turn it off soon enough for my liking, but hey, as long as she's happy.
on November 28, 2014
Built solid but doesn't deliver. The hour hand is so off that anything after a quarter hour shows as the next hour. The alarm is also pretty useless. You can't tell exactly what time it will go off. We tried several times to set it for 6:30, but it wouldn't go off until 6:45. Even having it at the start of the colored area for 6, it wouldn't go off until 6:20ish.

Save your money...don't bother with this unless you just want a paperweight.
on January 7, 2009
Now that I read the description of this item again, the sound does sound like a smooch. But, it is very loud and hard on the ears and not something we want to hear in the morning coming from our daughter's room. I am going to return it. Maybe someone else will like it.
on September 21, 2014
I saw the other reviews and took a chance. We got the frog one and the dog one. We've had the frog one for a little over a month now, and it still works. Unfortunately the dog one never worked. It stopped after a few days, so I changed the batteries, hoping it had just come with old batteries. When I changed the batteries it worked only for a few days and then stopped too. Too bad, because it's really cute and my son really wanted it, but it just isn't a quality product. I wonder if that's why Land of Nod stopped selling them.
on December 9, 2013
Unfortunately, the alarm stopped working after the first day. Before that, the raccoon noise was cute and I had no complaints. As others have mentioned, the ticking noise may seem fairly loud to someone sensitive to noise while they sleep, but my daughter falls asleep to music and doesn't mind the ticking noise.
on August 20, 2012
The clock arrived earlier than expected. It was ready to go with a battery already in the clock, just had to remove the tab so the battery would make the connection. The clock has a button on the back so you can test the raccoon chatter before opening the packaging. After hearing the chatter, we have actually heard real raccoons outdoors when walking in the woods. It is very authentic. Any animal lover will enjoy this whimsical gift.