Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 20, 2012
I bought this Nook so I could have a better way to read my Barnes & Noble e-books - I just wasn't happy with the presentation of the books on my Android tablet. And at this, the Nook excels. The words are crisp and very readable, you can choose different background colors to determine what fits your eye better. In portrait view (I don't read in landscape) the pages just jump off the screen - they really are that clear. I installed a 16 GB SDHC card to expand my storage of books, and this size card gives me more than enough room for my current and future e-books.

I really like the built in Merriam-Webster dictionary, you can highlight any word in the text and it looks up the word quickly - and the definitions are very helpful; very succinct, not overly complicated. You also have the choice of looking up the word in Google or Wikipedia. This option opens up the definition in the built-in web browser.

Speaking of the built-in web browser, it works well as a basic browser, but it certainly doesn't have the speed and other capabilities of my Android tablet native browser or of Chrome Beta.

There is not much customization of this Nook - you can choose your own wallpaper, but that is about it for customization. But for what it was intended for, this is a good e-reader.
on February 13, 2014
I looked and compared for a long time before finally purchasing an ereader, and I am so glad I picked this one. It has WiFi and so I can do more than just read with it...I do have a laptop but I like that now I can check my email, look things up, check my FB, all while reading a book. It is not heavy and is kept in a cover, making it very comfortable to carry. The screen has very clear pictures and videos and bright clear color. The light adjusts on it, just in case it might bother a spouse while you're reading. The books available are numerous and so far, I have found every book I wanted to or plan on reading, and some are only 99 cents.
on July 8, 2017
I bought this used, and dispute that it's been working excellently for years with no issues. Thanks!
on August 1, 2017
First one was replaced after it arrived broken. No problem with second one. Very happy with it!
on March 15, 2017
Awesome item. Absolutely LOVE this.
on July 26, 2013
I ordered one used from one of your suppliers and it is a nice little tablet. The front bezel is a little loose on one side but
the product otherwise works quite well and I got it for a great price so hence the five stars. The charger That was sent with it is not a factory item but it works, just takes a little longer no problem. I also have the nook tablet so I can share that charger when needed. I am thinking about rooting them both but haven't got around to it yet. barnes and noble
is limited on apps and programs, but for the time being until I root then, they are fine. I have since rooted this device as well
It is also makes a great tablet as well now.
on February 27, 2013
When I decided to buy an e-reader, I did a lot of research and decided that I really wanted just a basic one. I didn't need all of the bells and whistles. I looked at all of the black and white ones on the market and nearly purchased the NOOK Glowlight until I read some of the reviews about problems with the light. My friend owned a NOOK COLOR and really liked it so I decided what the heck. I have not been disappointed. One of the best purchases I have made in recent weeks.
on November 17, 2012
I am so excited with my Nook color reader i do not know where to begin. I just received my Nook Color yesterday, that was quick. I love, love, love it, it is so spot on.This is my third ebook reader, this is the best one for me yet. In my haste to buy it, I missed reading it is also a tablet. I wanted a tablet, however, I did not want an expensive one,this fits right in with what I do want without spending a motherlode to get it. I did purchase a refurbished one, as the price was more than just right, allowing me to upgrade from the Nook Simple Touch 2nd generation to a color one. Since I just received it a day ago, all I can tell you, it works just fine , it looks good for a refurbished product. The reader was factory sealed in an original box, with the charger and a quick start guide. I did not have any start up or runnng problems. I was able to turn it on right away and load it up with my other books, and it charged very quickly. It is a little heavier than the Simple Touch or it could be me, I have a disability. I like the touchscreen, so much fun. I suggest you get a screen protector,or you will see all the touches and swipes. I agree with another reviewer it is good to read in the bed lights out, your lighting can be adjusted. I like being able to see all my magazines and books with pictures in color. I just have to know where to hide it from the grands when they come over. I am very very, happy with my purchase. I would rate this ten stars if I could, I like it that much so far. I highly recommend this for being an all around great buy. Yes, I would glady buy another from the seller, as I was not disappointed at all.
on December 28, 2013
Although the item was new it was an old outdated model and not made anymore. The charge only lasted a few hours and I was unable to download more then 15 books. I would receive a message that I had to archive the rest. This is ridiculous since the Nook should hold 2000 books.

I will not buy from this person again.

Sandra Kallas
on October 24, 2017
The nook color received as a gift when first introduced stopped accepting a charge. Bought this as a replacement even though I have nook apps on my iPhone and iPad.
Very pleased with my purchase. Not perfect but in great condition.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.