Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Barnett Outdoors Lil Banshee Jr. Compound Youth Archery Set
|Price:||$23.10 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$6.89 (23%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ambidextrous riser soft touch
- Draw weight: 18lb compound
- Draw length: 18''-22''
- Ideal compound bow set for introducing archery to children; with Realtree Camouflage, Black, and Pink
- Ambidextrous reinforced handle, soft-touch grip for excellent handling
- 18-pound draw; 18- to 22-inch draw length
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This Barnett product includes a limited five-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
About Barnett Precision Crossbows
Barnett is an industry leader in crossbow design and manufacture, and has sold well over one million crossbows to date. The company was established more than 50 years ago, with products designed by hunters, for hunters, and Barnett manufactures a range of crossbows, standard bows, and slingshots that are lightweight, adjustable, and surprisingly powerful.
Top Customer Reviews
1) The Lil Banshee (being a compound bow) is much easier for a child to draw. My 9 year old daughter, and 11 year old son both prefer the Lil Banshee. They simply find it more fun to use. So as it stands now, my 9 year old gets the Lil Banshee and my 11 year old is stuck with the Lil Sioux. If you are only going to buy one, make it the Lil Banshee, as your kids will be less likely to give up.
2) Both of these bows are too small for an adult to use. I tried. Seriously, you don't want to mess around with these small bows. If you want to join your kids cheaply, purchase the Bear Archery Titan Bow. The Titan is large enough for an adult, and you can give it to your kids when you want to move on to something better. The Titan, however, is a quality bow!
3) The arrows that come with both the Lil Sioux and Lil Banshee stink. They will work if you are careful about what you shoot and and how you remove the arrows from your target, but buy additional arrows! The best, cheapest arrows I could find are the Easton Genesis II aluminum arrows. Any non-kid arrows are going to cost about $5 each, so suck it up and buy 6 or 12 of them.
4) You will need 29 inch arrows or longer.
5) You don't need a fancy target. Take a large Amazon box and fill it with crinkled newspaper.Read more ›
Overall this is a nice archery set. It comes with everything you need to get started. The build quality of the bow seems to be very good. I don't have any experience with this sort of thing but you can tell cheap from quality and the Barnett set is nice. Needless to say my daughter loved it and couldn't wait to get out and show off her new skills.
She knew exactly what to do and actually hit the target (2 included with the set) at what I considered long distance for a beginner. Very good. The only downside I see to this has to do with the 2 plastic arrows that come with the set. The metal tips are pressed on and seem to be cheaply made. She kept popping the metal tips off the arrows and finally completely lost one of them.
If you get this definitely consider getting the additional arrow set. You'll need to replace arrows on a regular basis from what I've seen so far.
I've used this bow with about 20 other kids at a camp and they all loved it. In fact, they couldn't put it down! I recently bought one for my friends who are ages 15-22 yrs old and they all enjoyed it. You can always stand closer if you have trouble hitting or you can stand farther for more of a challenge.
For those who are getting hit by the string when it recoils after shooting, you can always bend your arm at the elbow a little so that it doesn't touch. This way I have no problems at all with the recoil. You can also make your own arm guard by using a long sock and cutting the end where the toes go for a thumb hole and 4 finger hole--it's an excellent substitute!
This bow/arrow kit doesn't come with a target, but I made my own using the very same box the item came in and it has been fantastic. The bow/arrow will come in a large and long box. What I did was stuff the box full of newspaper while taping a few old magazines inside to the back for some added weight and armor. I then taped the whole thing shut and use markers to make targets in the front. I've gotta say, it saved me quite a lot of money rather than having to buy a styrofoam target that will rip, fly around, etc. Everyone loved the idea and it has been holding up quite well. I can easily pull the arrows out without damaging them as well. Give it a try and have fun!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bow is nice greater starter for my daughter however the arrows broke fist time they hot her foam target was very disappointed in quality of arrowsPublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas. She just had to have a bow because her father loves to go hunting using a bow and she wanted to learn as well. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Allen Garman
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter. After a lesson and a couple of days of practice she is killing balloons from 25 feet. Not a bad little set.Published 11 days ago by fishcharmer
Great starter bow for the price. Easy for my 8-year-old and 10-year-old.Published 27 days ago by T Hamann
Overall this is a nice archery set. It comes with everything you need to get started. The build quality of the bow seems to be very good. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Williams Mendoza
Shipping was fast packaging was really good. I absolutely love this my daughter she's 8 and she loved it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by debbie