Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 337 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 424 reviews
on July 15, 2014
Purchased this DVD to use in my laptop during travel and to have an additional option to the VHS tape that we currently use. My 16 month old grand daughter absolutely loves Barney! "Barney" is one of her first words. She is high energy, but putting Barney on settles her down and keeps her attention, yet is educational and teaches children how to interact with each other as well. I love that this came with a CD as will use in the car, because she loves to sing in the car as well. When she is getting antsy in the car sometimes only singing helps soothe her and the CD will be a great help when we are running out of songs!

My only issue with the DVD was when playing on my laptop during a flight it kept freezing. I tried cleaning it as some smudges were present. Not sure if was due to the flight turbulence or my laptop, but other DVDs seemed to work fine, I have since tried it at home in my DVD player and don't seem to have further issues. Was odd that this occurred and hope to not have further issues with it
on May 24, 2017
Fun and colorful with a positive message and great songs for my 2 year old. She gets up and dances every time we play this on Amazon. We love the under rated Barney and friends and really enjoy this title.
on July 4, 2016
Barney is one of my two year old sons, favorite show and episode. I think it teaches him alot by singing. Dancing is lots of fun and starting to show personality. He learns Songs, numbers, caring., sharing, and to have a fun and active imagination. I would recommend it to alot of parents to at least try the show.. Its very hard trying to teach a two year old. But barney definitely lets us have fun while Learning
on September 14, 2009
Now, my granddaughter is only 20 months old but she adores Barney. She sings and dances along with him and it is amazing how many of the dances and songs she remembers. It is so cute so here her little voice singing the songs right along with them ... and at times she will out of nowhere pop up and start singing one of the songs ... and dancing one of the dances ... Now, her Dad can't stand Barney, and was totally against her watching Barney to begin with ... but as she has learned so much from it and is so cute ... he has gotten to appreciate all she has learned and I have noticed him putting the DVD on for her from time-to-time ... NOW THAT IS A RECOMMENDATION!!! It was also cute for my daughter and I, to see so many of the kids that had grown up ... as she still has VHS Barney videos that were her son's that are almost 10 years old. Barney never goes out of date or out of style.
on September 10, 2016
The kids enjoy the entertaining and engaging music while I get a smile out of the nostoligic visits from characters that appeared on the show in years passed.

This is a great video to turn on when we are stuck indoors for the day the action songs like Mr Kickerbocker get them moving and dancing while while classic nursery rhymes like Itsy Bitsy Little Spider and Twinkle twinkle little star have them singing along right away. Definitely helps us break the indoor boredom that can pop up in the cold winter months or after a few rainy days.
on May 12, 2017
Some Barneys we love...others not so much. This is one of the better ones. Toddler loves the tunes!
on May 11, 2014
Years ago, my son had a 1995 Barney VHS he loved, but when we switched to DVD, we got rid of our videos - and as my son grew, Barney became "obsolete" anyway. Along came the little sister, and the search for good, old Barney videos.

Because of the cover (i.e. dinosaurs, no children), I was afraid this DVD wouldn't be what I'm looking for. But it is exactly the same video as my son loved years ago! They probably couldn't use the children on the cover because of copyright.

Same characters, same great songs... and "bingo" is my daughter's favorite song (just like it was her brother's).

Some things don't get old.
on July 13, 2014
My baby loves this. We have been watching it on netflix but decided to buy this one for an upcoming plane ride. She loves movies with singing and this one has lots of songs, more than typical Barney episodes. Less talking, more songs. It also is a great compilation of some of the best songs so I don't mind it too.
on August 10, 2013
I bought this for my 12 month old son who isn't really into television. But I noticed he would take an interest in anything with small children in it, anything that had singing and anything with puppets. This DVD fits ALL criteria and he will sit completely still and quiet for 20 minutes at a time! Looks like Barney is now a hit at our house and I hope to find more great DVDs like this one in the future. Oh and another huge reason I like this DVD is because it appears to be a little "older" version of Barney that features the original actor voicing Barney, NOT the horrible and annoying voice that is Barney today!
on January 7, 2017
I don't know why Barney died out but I wish he'd make a comeback. This video kept my daughter entertained for the entire length of it. There are a ton of pretty catchy songs and dancing with small kids that she loved to watch. We watch it daily now. Highly recommended!