Truck Reviews Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 15, 2014
Purchased this DVD to use in my laptop during travel and to have an additional option to the VHS tape that we currently use. My 16 month old grand daughter absolutely loves Barney! "Barney" is one of her first words. She is high energy, but putting Barney on settles her down and keeps her attention, yet is educational and teaches children how to interact with each other as well. I love that this came with a CD as will use in the car, because she loves to sing in the car as well. When she is getting antsy in the car sometimes only singing helps soothe her and the CD will be a great help when we are running out of songs!

My only issue with the DVD was when playing on my laptop during a flight it kept freezing. I tried cleaning it as some smudges were present. Not sure if was due to the flight turbulence or my laptop, but other DVDs seemed to work fine, I have since tried it at home in my DVD player and don't seem to have further issues. Was odd that this occurred and hope to not have further issues with it
on May 11, 2014
Years ago, my son had a 1995 Barney VHS he loved, but when we switched to DVD, we got rid of our videos - and as my son grew, Barney became "obsolete" anyway. Along came the little sister, and the search for good, old Barney videos.

Because of the cover (i.e. dinosaurs, no children), I was afraid this DVD wouldn't be what I'm looking for. But it is exactly the same video as my son loved years ago! They probably couldn't use the children on the cover because of copyright.

Same characters, same great songs... and "bingo" is my daughter's favorite song (just like it was her brother's).

Some things don't get old.
on May 24, 2017
Fun and colorful with a positive message and great songs for my 2 year old. She gets up and dances every time we play this on Amazon. We love the under rated Barney and friends and really enjoy this title.
on October 9, 2010
I ordered this DVD based on the great reviews it got from other customers. As much as Barney can drive us crazy with his sugary love, It has been the biggest hit with my 20 month old grand-daughter. We, her mom, dad, grandpa and little Miss S have watched it countless times..It really grows on a person.. Barney and friends are sweet with such wonderful messages and learning songs ,dances and experiences for this nearly 2 yr. old. She asks for it to be played over and over and over. We finally had to stop watching it at nap time because she was so mesmerized by it and wouldn't drift off to sleep (bad habit anyway at nap or bedtime!) I think this video has made her more confident , happy and increased her understanding of people and places beyond her world at home. She also loves "Barney's colorful World...many of the same songs. I highly recommend it!
on September 10, 2016
The kids enjoy the entertaining and engaging music while I get a smile out of the nostoligic visits from characters that appeared on the show in years passed.

This is a great video to turn on when we are stuck indoors for the day the action songs like Mr Kickerbocker get them moving and dancing while while classic nursery rhymes like Itsy Bitsy Little Spider and Twinkle twinkle little star have them singing along right away. Definitely helps us break the indoor boredom that can pop up in the cold winter months or after a few rainy days.
on August 10, 2013
I bought this for my 12 month old son who isn't really into television. But I noticed he would take an interest in anything with small children in it, anything that had singing and anything with puppets. This DVD fits ALL criteria and he will sit completely still and quiet for 20 minutes at a time! Looks like Barney is now a hit at our house and I hope to find more great DVDs like this one in the future. Oh and another huge reason I like this DVD is because it appears to be a little "older" version of Barney that features the original actor voicing Barney, NOT the horrible and annoying voice that is Barney today!
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2016
My toddler loves music, so this Barney episode is a no brainer. It has some classic nursery songs with the most popular Barney songs. With very few moments of acting instead of singing, this is his new favorite Barney.
on July 4, 2016
Barney is one of my two year old sons, favorite show and episode. I think it teaches him alot by singing. Dancing is lots of fun and starting to show personality. He learns Songs, numbers, caring., sharing, and to have a fun and active imagination. I would recommend it to alot of parents to at least try the show.. Its very hard trying to teach a two year old. But barney definitely lets us have fun while Learning
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 29, 2018
Some Barney collections can be too heavy on dialogue, plot and exposition. But this one is just packed with musical numbers, which is sometimes what you want.
on July 13, 2014
My baby loves this. We have been watching it on netflix but decided to buy this one for an upcoming plane ride. She loves movies with singing and this one has lots of songs, more than typical Barney episodes. Less talking, more songs. It also is a great compilation of some of the best songs so I don't mind it too.