Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 23, 2017
My kids are grown now, but this and Moo, Baa, La La La! were their absolute favorites.
Bought this to pass along the fun to a friend's kid who is enjoying being read to, and loves the board books while she is out with her family at various events.
The books are well made, heavy duty cardboard.
Well printed, Well illustrated.
Perfect for the young, aspiring reader!
Sandra Boynton writes, hands down, my favorite children's books. I learned about them when our school librarian bought a couple for my daughter. Her illustrations are adorable and her stories are too! Barnyard Dance is my favorite,but I won almost all of them. Some are educational (Opposites) and some are just fun (Dinosaur Dance). I have also bought these as gifts and everyone absolutely adores them. If you are looking for a short, fun book for a little kid, get one of these. They might not be complex enough to hold the attention of older kids though (but I don't know because I don't have any older kids).
on December 3, 2017
Oh my goodness. I had to have this book. I remember my grandmother squaredancing at the fair when I was a child, so I knew the cadence when I read it to our son. My husband didn’t get it, so we went to the website referenced inside the front cover so he could listen to the recording of a professional reading it. Then we were all able to join in on the fun! It’s a really fun read!
on April 12, 2017
I'm having as much fun reading it as baby is listening. The animals square dance with each other & the rhyming is cute. What a fun book!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 29, 2014
This book does not need anymore glowing reviews but I wanted to say that this is my favorite of her books. I bought this for our 15 month old at Christmas time and we all love to hear this book. My seven year old requests this book. We all try to do the moves from the book as I read it (or rather sing it). I suppose this is more like a song than a story. As always with her books the illustrations are charming and perfect for little book lovers. This book is highly popular in our house. We have many of her books but this is by far our favorite. Happy reading (and singing)!! "Stomp your feet, Clap your hands, Everybody ready for a Barnyard dance..."
on October 30, 2017
This was purchased as a birthday gift for our great niece Avery so I don't know what she will think of it. I thought the premise was cute and the art work adorable. If only people got along as well as this group of farm animals.
on September 11, 2016
Barnyard dance is the perfect interactive book for a young toddler or child. When my daughters were small we always danced to the book's "instructions." .. "Bow to your partner..."Strut with the duck" my girls learned vocabulary such as strut and bow and we had a such good time! everytime. We even "read" the book to fiddle music. I can't say enough. be prepared for a great time! This is NOT a bedtime story.
on March 3, 2018
I have a list on Amazon of "best baby gifts." It's full of brands I've liked, products that have been absolutely INDISPENSABLE in the first couple of years for my kiddo, books that we loved, etc. Although I haven't yet found a Sandra Boynton book I don't like, this is by far mine and my 20 month old's favorite. I include a copy of it in ever package / gift I give for new parents / babies. The book has a great rhyme scheme, and you can work with little kiddos on animal sounds.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 15, 2018
Just purchased as a gift after years of reading this to my children. It's not a book to just read, however. It's one to sing and dance with. The words are perfect to be sung as a square dance as you slide with the sheep and spin with the chickens. My children asked for this one often.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 17, 2017
Great read that encourages children to be interactive with the characters. Another favorite of my 2yo granddaughter!