- File Size: 1595 KB
- Print Length: 281 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 7, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072F72WVK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,209 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Baron's Wife Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Nathaniel, a widower whose wife died in mysterious circumstances, is confident of Laura’s passionate nature. “It was evident in the flash of her beautiful green eyes and her wilful mouth that he wanted badly to kiss but for a young lady as gently reared as her it could only mean marriage.” Nathanial woos her, tells her his wife would be “his partner in life”, weds her and takes her to Wolfram Abbey his country seat in Cornwall.
Laura believes her husband desires her but does not love her. Lanyon thinks: “Poor girl, what kind of future have I given her in a moment of madness? He would never be able to give fully of himself or to give her what she needed. Laura had given up so much for him. Compassion gripped him. He would do anything in his power to protect her.”
From the beginning of this spine-chilling Gothic Novel, with beautiful word pictures of Cornwall, the author skilfully creates fear and suspicion. The twist at the end is a fiendishly clever one which I did not anticipate. The Baron’s Wife deserves the five stars I have awarded it.
In the style of Mary Stewart and Daphne du Maurier, Ms. Andersen's Gothic novel will grip you from start to finish. You'll feel the mists on the cliffs and young Laura's terror and confusion. An excellent read.
I enjoyed reading about the different town's and the way they lived at that time.
I can say more I don't want give anything away you just have to read it .
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical > Ancient World
- Books > Romance > Historical > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery