- File Size: 4771 KB
- Print Length: 379 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0692781625
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 22, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01KBU6VVU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #54,024 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.00 (92%)
Barren Waters - The Complete Novel: (A Post-Apocalyptic Tale of Survival) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This story follows Liam and Olivia, who are preppers, shortly before and through the collapse, and Jeremy and Sam, their son and granddaughter, 50 years after. It's interesting to get both perspectives as the story moves back and forth between each pair. We get to experience the buildup to the crash and go through it while simultaneously seeing the effects, short and long term.
There are some extremely hard decisions made along the way, some that are dangerous and some that are heartbreaking. Seeing what they go through dealing with survival, scavenging, diabetes, severe medical issues, and really bad people make for some pretty intense scenes that had me fully immersed. I love the stories that make the world around you disappear for awhile.
If you like survival stories, teotwawki, or are interested in being prepared then you will want to read this book. It is unputdownable more often than not.
David Crane Author of Demon Heart
It's a time jumper though and that is what stole the 5th star from me. I like things chronological and this story would not have suffered from it.
All in all, a good story, well told.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic