- File Size: 4771 KB
- Print Length: 379 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0692781625
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 22, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01KBU6VVU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #30,543 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.00 (92%)
Barren Waters - The Complete Novel: (A Post-Apocalyptic Tale of Survival) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you're looking for the more typical post-apocalyptic story, with our noble hero mowing down zombies, surviving against all odds, and generally saving the day, then this book may not satisfy you.
Instead, this book is full of real people. They make mistakes as well as winning small victories. They make poor choices as well as good ones. Sometimes things work out, and sometimes one tragedy piles upon the next until you don't really see how people can go on.
The story follows three generations of a family as environmental damage finally brings the earth to a point where it can no longer nurture the lives of the people, and creatures, that inhabit it. As society begins to collapse, the family we're following finds itself better off than most, though life is harsh for everyone. And when everyone is living on the edge of disaster, mistakes can have deadly consequences. Through all the ups and downs and across decades of continued decline, the author lets you feel every nuanced doubt and hope nurtured inside the heads of the central characters.
That nuance, that ability to get the reader to truly feel what the characters are feeling, as well as to paint a realistic environment for the characters to live in, is another thing that sets this book apart. The reader can feel all the pain, the joy, the guilt, and the fear that makes up life after the apocalypse.
So no, this isn't the slash-and-burn action fest that readers in this genre might be expecting. It's something with much more depth and, ultimately, more meaning. And that makes it worth every page.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic