Other Sellers on Amazon
Deal of the Day: Save on seasons of "Veep", "The Newsroom", and "The West Wing"
This offer is available while supplies last, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on October 26, 2016. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I thought the big reveal was going to be that the father murdered his entire family and went to the cabin alone. Then we find out that the wife was killed in a fall that the husband was present for. He felt so guilty that it drove him insane and killed his kids also. From the stupid ending this is probably not what happened. I would love to know what the real secrets in the movie are. There are probably clues along the way but I am not watching this movie multiple times.
I didn't feel the need for any explanations -by the end it made perfect sense.
I did like the little mysterious twist at the end 😉
I would recommend it if you like horror and suspense just know that it's not typical. I thought Eric McCormack did a fantastic job as did the children in their roles.
1) The premise is interesting and has potential.
2) The description sounds like it will be really creepy.
Cons: (where do I begin?)
1) When a movie like this begins with what seems like an eternity of high, sweeping shots of a car driving forever through a snowy wilderness while a melancholy soundtrack plays in the background, you immediately start to get an idea of how slow and boring the whole thing is going to be. At some point I found myself saying "OK already! I get it, they are in the middle of nowhere".
2) The whole movie takes place in almost complete darkness. There are scenes where the family goes into the spooky basement and you can't see a darned thing, but if you look you'll notice that there are a dozen or so bare light bulbs burning on the ceiling all around the basement. During these scenes there are ultimately unexplained parts where the camera moves eerily toward a dark corner while ominous music plays and we never get to see what the heck they were trying to draw our attention to. Based on the movie's resolution there couldn't have been anything in that corner to begin with.
3) The characters do things that no real people would ever do in a million years.Read more ›
The husband has issues. The wife falls and hits her head while slipping after picking up glass from breaking something. The husband out of some deep seeded agnst stabs her in the chest but blocks this out. Later him and the kids go to the cabin. Everything after that has nothing to do with a fever. The caretaker is sick but not all crazy hallucinating. Basically the dad is self medicating with booze and perscription drugs due to suppressed guilt over his wife. He loses time...if you notice when he's in the red sweater he's mostly coherent but when in the blue he's not. The timeline is not a straight line. In the blue sweater he ransacks the medicine cabinet but asks his kids about who made the mess in the red sweater. Etc so pay attention to the surrounding and when things go missing. So sometime after they get there he kills the kids but obviously his mind can't process it so he hallucinates seeing them and talking to them all intermixed with him seeing himself walking his kids out in the snow. At some point the caretaker comes to check on them and the dad blames him for his kids death and locks him in the attic. The end is the worst part as far as knowing what really happens. Either no one ever comes and they all die there or the dad just hallucinates his kids being fine either way he's still in the blue sweater so he's probably stil all wacked out.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good movie for the thriller/suspense genre. Not a good movie for the people who like horror movies.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
First of all, it is hard to review this movie without giving away a lot of the plot, so if you haven't seen the movie, you may not want to continue reading my review. Read morePublished 17 months ago by R. S. Walker
I enjoyed the movie. The mac & cheese scene...wow!
I don't get to say that about horror scenes often.
Extremely high fevers dreams can. Read more
Good Movie Keeps You Guessing For What's About Too Happen Next But Ended Fast AlsoPublished 20 months ago by TravTh3Don23