Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on February 25, 2013
By way of background, I have an MA in math and have taught math in college and HS. I was helping my son in his AP Calc B/C class and thought if the Barron's Calc was as good as their AP Stat book it was the one to own. I usually would favor the prep book with the harder questions but these are way too hard. I couldn't even figure out some questions when I read the answers. Some of the questions aren't really answered, they just refer you to some section of the text which is usually not much help.

The text part is extremely well organized and explains some topics better than some $100 text books

You can get two released exams for both AB and B/C from the College Board Store. The CB also sells the M/C questions for both A/B and B/C for 6 years selected from 1968-1999 as a PDF. The FRQs are available for free download from the C/B's web site so you don't really need any FRQs from a prep book.

The Princeton Review version is pretty outdated for B/C but is fine for A/B in terms of M/C tests. It might be a tiny bit easier than the real thing but with all the options available from the C/B, you should have all you need with just PR and CB.

My son got 5's on both the A/B and B/C parts by doing all of the PR and 4 of the CB M/C questions for each of A/B and B/C. He did about 5 years worth of FRQ's before it got to the point where they were pretty easy. He is certainly bright enough but no math whiz and only got a C and B in his HS class.
on June 25, 2011
Even though Barrons is expected to be harder than the actual AP test, it was the best book to study from. The material on the AP test was similar to the questions from the book- including the long response. My teacher had our class finish the entire book since it was very efficient for practice. However, do not buy this book to only learn the material... it is great for quick reviews and practice. Good luck
on February 18, 2014
perfect! it helped my son get an "A" and earn college credits while in High School. I would recommend the product, but I must admit we only bought it because it was recommended by his teacher. Be sure to look for the same advice.
on September 4, 2015
not bad, but problems not changed in different editions
on July 4, 2015
This item was exactly as advertised.
on December 12, 2014
Excellent condition
on January 30, 2015
It helped
on May 6, 2012
this book was not that helpful, it did not separate the most important information for the course from all the extra information it provided
on November 30, 2009
This book has a thorough coverage of AP Calculus AB/BC. I used this book for the multiple-choice section and CollegeBoard's own materials for the free-response section. Most of my students scored 5. I also used some of its chapters for my IB Mathematics SL and HL students.

Most US high-school students feel calculus is too challenging for them since they did not have enough practice in algebra, geometry, and pre-calculus. The following is my suggestion: if you got at least an A in pre-calculus/trigonometry, you may want to learn calculus in high school; otherwise, wait until you get into the college.

Barron's AP Calculus over-prepares the students for the test a little bit. But that is not a bad thing. If you have used mathematical analysis problem sets written by Russian mathematicians, you will think that Calculus I/II taught in the US is way too easy.
on December 4, 2011
The book is in perfect condition and has been a tremendous help. I bought it as a second copy so the tutor could have her own copy.