Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 7, 2015
Doesn't smell like honey to me but it's the first time I've ever used the stuff. It has a kind of smokey musty smell. I purchased this to make my own wood conditioner. I use a 4 to 1 ratio of Coconut Oil and Beeswax and I get a paste that smells a little better. I used it to recondition an old cutting board and it looks new again. I've used the paste on many other bare wood things and it definitely protects and brings out the natural beauty of the wood. I've also used the beeswax on a pair of safety goggles I use in my shop and it keeps them from fogging up. Good Stuff!
on December 13, 2014
Exactly what I ordered. Great quality. Worked perfect when I used it with coconut oil and made homemade organic lip balm.
review image
on January 18, 2016
These smell terrible!!!! It smells like a 70 year old chain smoker hot boxed inside of the packaging. Disappointed.....
22 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 1, 2016
This is OK beeswax. I don't know why, but it has a smokey smell to it. Not knock your socks off smokey, but kind of like it's been stored in a house of a cigarette smoker. It's also much harder than what I recognize as beeswax. I'm sort of hesitant to use it in cosmetics. The packaging also leaves something to be desired. Im guessing this is a "you get what you pay for" lesson. I also sincerely doubt the truth of the organic claim since its just typed on a sticker. No seals or anything remotely official. On the plus side it weighs in at 5.7oz.
review imagereview image
These little bars are actually about the size of a regular size candy bar- almost!

I've melted a couple bars down already to make a mixture with oils for a diaper rash cream and all over moisturizer. They smell like honey and a very little goes a long way.

There are blog reviews about using beeswax to water proof shoes and cutting boards, as a skin protecting barrier, also to use in home made lip balms.

Not bad for crafts and those starting out learning how to use different ingredients in their home made body butters, etc.

I will note, from experience that if you melt this down to use in a home made hair mask- be prepared with a good quality cleansing shampoo or else the wax will not come out without easy. I made a home made hair mask with Castor Oil and Beeswax... took me 7 shampoos with a gentle cleanser until I realized it was not going to come out. 3 additional shampoos with a good quality cleaning shampoo the mixture finally did come out.
on October 16, 2015
1. It smells like cigarette smoke, how does that even happen?..
2. Its way over priced, the old saying "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply here.

Lastly, i would never buy it here again.
on May 29, 2017
So far so good. Product as described (5 bars) and has no real scent, good or bad. Since a few of the reviews were complaining of a funny odor, I was weary but decided to take a chance due to the good price. Very happy that the beeswax seems to be what was detailed in the description. I will update after I make my lip balms with the results.
9/12 I bought a second batch of wax and it smelled very strongly of stake smoke. A little nauseating (stupidly kept sniffing to see if I was mistaken). maybe it's a seasonal issue? Don't know if I can use this, might be too strong an odor to mask. It's not returnable, so I guess I lost the gamble this time, too bad, cause the 1st batch I bought was great. I'll stick to a pricier local seller.
on February 10, 2015
Ordered this to make wax melts for our melter since I got tired of reading about all of the junk in the commercial wax melts. I picked this seller after getting scared off by a few other waxes where reviewers were complaining about a rancid smell to the wax. This wax smells amazing- just like honey. I actually just melted all of it in a double boiler with a spoonful of coconut oil (to lower the melting point), and froze it in ice cube trays for my wax melter. It melted easily and had obviously been filtered since it didn't have any debris in the melt. Made about 8 cubes, and when I popped one in the wax melter it melted perfectly and made our whole house smell like honey. Hubby doesn't like the honey smell as much as I do so he added a few drops of lemon essential oil to the melter, which worked out just fine. I'll definitely be buying more of this in the future when I need to make more wax melts.
on January 25, 2016
I was looking to purchase bees wax pastilles, bur every review stated that when opened it smelled like smoke. I chose this one because the top review said it smelled sweet like honey. I went to my mailbox on the way to run errands. While waiting at a light I opened the box and immediately smelled smoke. I ran in to get my errand done and when I came out to my car, my whole car smelled like smoke. I think it's terrible that this item cannot be returned and I should have just taken $7 and thrown it down the toilet!
on June 18, 2016
Bought with other products to make DIY beard balm. One of 4-5 other ingredients to do so , but bee was is the ingredient used to mold the beard so essential for what I was using it for.
The bee wax came in a small baggie with 5 molds of 1 oz wax , is natural organic and a faint sweet smell. Each stick of wax is very clean and solid, yellow in color. Texture is nice and it melts down very well at a low heat. I mixed mine with Shea butter , jojoba oil , Vitamin E and Essential oils and they mixed together nicely.
Plan on making my fella some pomade and make some peppermint lip gloss for me and see how it goes.. As far as using this for beard balm , it held up nicely. Dave's beard molded well and didn't seem to have many stray hairs. I did try grinding the wax up before I melted it which made me creating a mess which i could have just cut it into chunks and melted it which is what I will do next time. I did not want to melt the entire stick down. The only thing I would say is maybe cube the wax so you don't have to spend the time cutting it but that is my only complaint which isn't much , I am just lazy. lol
review imagereview image