Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Price:$7.44+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 268 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 279 reviews
on May 22, 2016
I have a pair of Celestron 25x70 binoculars. They are 3 lbs and HEAVY! So the plastic tripod adapter that came with the binos was okay but not very solid. So, I purchased the CELESTRON Metal Binocular Adapter but I HATED the FLAT screw and it could NEVER get it snug enough to the binoculars.

The Barska adapter is PERFECT. It is ALL METAL, the SCREW HEAD is LARGE and coated with RUBBER. The adapter is nice and tight when it is attached to my Celestron 25x70 binoculars. So much so, there is no shifting or wobbling at the point of contact as there was with the Celestron Adapter.
review image review image
on August 8, 2015
Just tried this out. Blows away the Celestron metal tripod adapter -- which still had twist & wobble but not as much as the plastic one. This BARSKA is rock solid and doesn't twist/wobble at all.

Attached is a photo comparing the two. You can see how much thicker the BARSKA (on the left) is compared to the Celestron (right).
review image
on February 19, 2014
I picked up a pair of Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars here on Amazon and though they came with a tripod mount, it wasn't very good. The plastic one was EXTREMELY flimsy and generated too much unwanted and unnecessary shake given the field of view. I purchased this Barska unit as an alternative and the problem is solved. It works perfectly with the SkyMasters and provides a solid, steady platform to view the night sky. To further solidify the setup, I got a Really Right Stuff multi-use plate B76 for the bottom. Since I use the RRS heads for photography use as well, it was a no-brainer. The lip on the plate rests against the wide side of the base of the Barska and keeps it from rotating. The only con to this setup is that the stupid plate cost MORE than the binoculars!!! Ha.

This Barska works very well, esp. for the price (under $12) and honestly Celestron should strike a deal with this company to begin with. The provided mount isn't good at all.
on February 27, 2017
True to their advertisement:
Solid and sturdy
Fits most binoculars equipped with adapter screws
To be used with tripods or window mounts
Extremely handy and portable

All of the above is true.
This my 2nd Barska, both capable of handling big astro-binoculars and a respectably sized DSLR with telephoto.
Compatible with my Quick Release gadget, uses standard 1/4x20 attachment bolts.

You may need to super-tighten the 1/4" engaging bolt to your binoculars or cameras, tends to tilt otherwise.
on August 26, 2016
I'm giving it 3 stars because the finish on it looks very nice. I'm sure its one heck of a sturdy mount if it will fit your binoculars. I have some 10x50 Vortex Diamondbacks that will never work on this mount. Its pretty chunky, so it barely fit between the lenses on the arm. But there is no way to get the screw into them. You'll need a lot of room to get this in there and screw it down.
review image
on April 3, 2017
I listened to the reviews of others who recommended getting this adapter for my Celestron SkyMaster 25x70 Binoculars. I am not disappointed at all. On the other hand I'm so happy with this purchase. My setup feels so secure when I mount it to the tripod. there is a washer that comes on the end of the screw that connects to the binoculars that was not helping with the connection so I removed it and got a regular washer that is snug between the adapter and the binoculars.
on March 18, 2017
Sturdy, but the Nikon Monarch 5 10x42 binocs pivot side to side, rather than set firmly in position. Will try a supplementary rubber washer to see if that firms it up. Also, the knurled knob is a tight fit between the lens tubes, not much room for fingers. This isn't something you'll want to put on and take off frequently.
on April 22, 2017
It's tough to get a good grip on the binoculars with the ¼-20 bolt. The binoculars work loose. There should be a pin to prevent the binoculars from rocking but then my binoculars don't have a hole for the pin to fit into. The bottom of this adapter has a rubber pad so it stays tight; maybe a washer-shaped pad around the bolt would work to grip the binoculars. Nonetheless, it worked well enough that I bought a second one for another pair of binoculars.
on April 2, 2017
This unit was too wide to fit on my smaller binos. The quality seems to be top notch so I'm sure this will work better on larger binos.

It didn't fit my Bushnell Legends very well so I had to return it.
on October 18, 2014
This is not a cheap, plastic thing by any sense of the word. It's a nice, solid, heavy cast metal, with a very nice feel to it. The tightening screw for the bino side has a solid feel to it and turns smoothly. Good clearance for even very large binos. Well worth your hard earned money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.