Barska Safe Moisture Absorber Dehumidifier for Home Closets, Safes, and Cars
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$0.62 (5%)|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5 x 3.5 x 1.25 inches|
|Item Weight||0.44 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Safe Accessory: The dehumidifier can prevent long-term moisture damage to sensitive valuables, a good accessory for any small closed place.
- Humidity Indicater: The humidity indicator turns from blue to pink when it reaches its absorption capacity.
- Renewable: The dehumidifier can evaporate the moisture it has collected by microwaving it for up to 4 minutes at 600W.
- Safe to Use: The dehumidifier is filled with moisture absorbing Silicon Dioxide and is microwave-safe designed.
- Ideal for Home Closets, Safes, Cars, RVs, boats, and other storage containers.
- Keep microwave area clean. Oil or grease might damage the dehumidifier or cause scorching to the fabric. Dispose the item if it appears greasy or stained.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Item: AF12500
- Weight: 7oz
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 3.5" x 5" x 1.25"
- Reusable Microwave-Safe Design
- Patented Color Changing Humidity Indicator
- Filled with Moisture Absorbing Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)
Small Reusable Dehumidifier
The Dehumidifier by Barska is the perfect accessory for any safe or storage compartment where moisture-sensitive items are stored. By absorbing moisture from the surrounding air, the dehumidifier helps protect valuables from mold, mildew, and corrosion. A patented color changing humidity indicator changes the dehumidifiers color from blue to pink when it is time to evaporate the moisture it has collected. This is easily done by placing the dehumidifier into a microwave for 4 minutes at 600W.
- Safeguardes important valuables that are susceptible to moisture damage
- Protects your photos, money, passports, electronics, ammo, and other sensitive items
- Ideal for safes, cars, boats, storage containers, home closets, etc
Convenient Safe Accessory
The dehumidifier can prevent long-term moisture damage to sensitive valuables, a good accessory for any small closed place. A patented color changing humidity indicator changes its color from blue to pink when it reaches its absorption capacity. Place it into a microwave for up to 4 minutes at 600W to evaporate the moisture.
WARNING:� This product can expose you to chemicals including TDI, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.�� For more information go to:� www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
WHATEVER YOU DO, do NOT OVER-MIRCOWAVE these things! They will melt, and you'll have pellets all over the place. I learned the hard way initially. I do THREE bags at a time for 4 minutes on each side, 8 minutes max and then let them dry out by for any remaining moisture. At first, I had put 1 bag in there for 5 minutes and it almost caught on fire, so take caution!! The 3 I do all at once really do steam up the microwave, so prepare to wipe the door and sides down between each session. These do work...trust me! It is a bit of a pain microwaving them every week or so, but worth it.
The damp indicator did not seem to work either.
Put it in the bathroom where moisture abounds... nothing.
Put it in a closed up compartment below that gets some moisture in it (for an unknown reason)... nothing.
We then were gifted my Mom's old dehumidifier when she wanted a larger capacity one with a drainage hose.. I put the dehumidifier in the bathroom. This 30 gal dehumidifier needs to be emptied anywhere from 1-3 times a day because of all the humidity!
So I think that means it doesn't work.. I wanted this product to work, and I'm still hopeful... I'll report back if there's any update.
Until then... sad.
I've seen people complain about it catching fire when they microwave it -- pay attention to your microwave's wattage! It says on the back to use 600 watts - my microwave is over twice that, so I put it on less than half power when microwaving this.