Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe AX11652
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Store up to 120 different fingerprints
- Silent Access Feature Allows you to mute beeping notification
- CA DOJ Approved
- Outer Size: 8.6'' x 9.8'' x 52.17'' Inner Size: 6.3'' x 9.7'' x 52''
- Included Accessories: Mounting Hardware, 2 Backup Keys and Batteries
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe allows you to keep rifles, guns & ammo stored securely and quickly accessible with a scan of your fingerprint. Keep up to 4 rifles, guns and ammo stored securely and quickly accessible with the simple scan of your fingerprint. A removable section rifle safe barrel holder will keep your rifles lined up and ready for action. For added security the Biometric Rifle safe is manufactured with six mounting points at the back of the safe so that it can be mounted to a wall, the floor, or any flat surface. The three- point deadbolt locking system and solid steel construction guarantee peace of mind that no unauthorized users will access your valuables. The faceplate removes to reveal a backup key lock in case of battery failure.
Barska is committed to customer satisfaction and provides free technical support. Review the User Manual for more information.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I decided to customize mine (as I do with most everything). Last thing you want in an emergency is to be fumbling around in the dark, so I added some simple LED lighting to make it less of a black hole. There are various approaches to this. I decided I wanted it act like a refigerator- with the lights turning on whenever the door is open, and off when the door is closed. I picked up a basic 'normally closed' momentary contact switch at my local 'gadget hut', and mounted it so the door, when closed, would keep the switch open, and the lights off. You could also use a magnetic switch. I ran wires from the switch to a pair of 'stick-on' magnetic LED puck lights that use AA batteries. Something like this would work great: 27 LED Super Bright - Deluxe Glow Work/Utility Light - Magnetic w/Hook
I stuck one to the underside of the top of the safe, lighting the contents on the shelf, and a second to the underside of the shelf, lighting the rest of the safe. Works great! Safe contents are always lit when I open the door, and batteries last for a long, long time, as the lights draw no juice when the door is closed.
I also lined the safe with carpet, as it's just sheet metal inside. It does come with a flimsy piece of loose grey felt to line the floor. Silly. I took the felt piece, and instead of laying it on the safe floor, used spray adhesive on the back side and adhered it to the shelf, wrapping around the front edge, and up underneath. This prevents any sharp edges from dinging your contents. For the rest of the interior, I went to my local big box home improvement store and bought a couple feet of their thin grey carpet sold on big rolls by the foot for patios, etc. I think it cost me about 7 bucks. I cut carpet for the floor, walls, and backside of the door, and used industrial strength adhesive-backed velcro to attach the carpet. The velcro allows me to pull back the carpet should I need to change its batteries, or to access holes for mounting the safe to the wall/floor. This addition of a carpet lining truly transforms the safe in my opinion. It now does a much better job of protecting the contents.
Last suggestion for those that keep this nearby for emergencies, such as in a master bedroom: Secure some sort of tray on top of the safe (velcro, etc) and use this as a drop spot for your wallet, keys, flashlight, knife, and cell phone. If there's ever an emergency in the middle of the night- fire, tornado, earthquake, etc, you always have one place to go for all of your EDC essentials, as well as the contents of your safe.
I hope this summary serves somebody well. A couple hours of your time, and $25.00 in materials add up to a very cool security solution.
****UPDATE NOV 2013****
After living with this safe for a couple years, I thought I'd give you some more feedback. Still like the concept of the safe- fits in your master bedroom closet, and quick access for a couple items. I've had some issues with it I'd like to pass along. For whatever reason, it's started having trouble reading my fingerprints. It still reads my wife's fine. I've been doing a lot of construction/carpentry on the house and I guess my skin is dry, or my prints abraided, but after a hard day's work, I can't open the safe. It takes me about a week with no hard labor with my hands before it will recognize my prints again. I've tried all kinds of stuff, but it often won't open for me. So, Either I have really hard to read prints, or it doesn't like people who work with their hands. Either way, be warned that it's not great with quick access if your hands have undergone any change- dryness, or any stains on your fingers from oil, dirt, glue, etc... I kind of wish it had a 4 or 5 key pad with a code. Also, I really wish it were slightly bigger- deeper. Tough to fit items that have optics attached unless you run them diagonally.
I took some tips from other reviewers and carpeted the inside with speaker carpet and added motion lighting since it is kinda dark inside especially if it's in a closet. I uploaded a couple pics showing different light placement.
If your looking for a cheap safe for one or two guns and some ammo then this will be perfect for you.
1. Biometric feature works flawlessly. It was easy to program and it recognizes my fingerprint every time.
2. It has a silent feature so you can access the safe discretely if there is an intruder in your home.
3. Has a shelf to also store a pistol.
4. Great concept for a nice little home defence safe. The concept is not to store many firearms or keep them safe from fire. The concept is to have a small locker mounted in an easily accessable location in case of emergency (intruder).
1. Do not expect this safe to hold more than 1-2 long guns. It is advertised as a 4 gun safe, but will only comfortably hold 1-2 long guns and a pistol depending on the model. My AR-15 carbine with optics will not fit in this safe loaded with a 30 round magazine. In order to store the gun loaded, I have to settle for a 20 round magazine (hopefully you won't need 20 rounds if you are in the situation where you need to defend yourself). So if you own an AR-15, expect that this will be the only firearm that will fit along with a pistol. An extra 2" in depth and 1" in the door opening would make a huge difference.
2. You will have to mount this safe to a wall or a floor. The safe will fall over when you open the door if not mounted (you should mount it anyway because somebody could easily walk out your door with a safe this size).
Overall, this safe does what I need it to do. It stores 1 long gun and 1 pistol for home defense if needed. I would love for it to be able to hold my AR-15 with a full 30 round magazine but that is a minor gripe. I thought about sending this unit back for that reason, but overall, it is a bargain. You won't find another safe in this price range that is this easy to use with a biometric feature.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Recommend this product.