Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2010
When it comes to paranormal romance, I usually like my heroes dark, dirty and undead. (Ignores dramatic eye rolling) Yes, I'm a vamp girl. Who isn't these days? But thanks to Sommer Marsden's Base Nature, I'm takin' a likin' to the lycans. This was a sweet, hot and quick read and had some real laugh out loud moments that had me almost wishing this was the beginning of a series. I definitely wouldn't mind reading another story about Liv and Garrett. (Hell, I'll probably read this one again in the next 24 hours:)Did I mention it was hawt? Not that I'm surprised. Sommer Marsden has yet to disappoint this reader:)
on May 5, 2013
This book is well written and the characters are enjoyable although I think the story lacks a bit of depth, which is what stopped it being a five for me
on August 1, 2011
I wasn't bowled over by the story. It wasn't the best paranormal romance I've read and it wasn't the worst. I had issues with the way Liv went from being man-wary to seducing her neighbor who she met for all of 5 seconds, after he just saved her from her abusive ex. The fast forward into romance was just oddly placed. Overall it was a decent story. Poor Kevin...talk about justice, though :).
on July 22, 2011
Well developed story from an up and coming author. Mature enough that the writing flows, and the storyline is sweet, erotic and is well-developed. Story is complete, great beginning with build to the characters, full-fleshed middle and nicely wrapped at the end for a HEA.
on March 26, 2010
Liv McCoy has been hurt throughout her life and thought of as weak. Meeting Garrett Gustafson changes her life in more ways than one. Now, instead of trying to be the one that doesn't make any trouble, Liv wants to be the one with power. Convincing Garrett that she is tough enough to handle becoming what he is will take more than just pretty words. Liv is going to have to show him exactly how strong she can be.

Garrett knows that changing Liv is a no-no. Not only is it considered taboo, but it is dangerous as well. The thing with Liv, however, is Garrett desires her. He wants her in the worst sort of way and if changing her will make her his, Garrett will consider doing what he has to do. He might need to be convinced, however, and that is where these two heady characters fall in love.

Hot from the get go is what comes to mind thinking of Base Nature. It was erotic and heady and simply a naughty book. I liked how the plot played out and found Garrett and Liv to be the perfect couple. Liv had a lot to prove to herself and did so and so much more. Base Nature is a book I will read more than once!

Talia
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed
on February 7, 2010
Sommer Marsden's "Base Nature" is well written, skillfully paced, and sexy as hell. Loved the lycan slant. This author nails the physicality of relationships. She also has a way with words. "He has that harsh ozone smell of crazy about him." One of my favorite lines in the book. "Base Nature" offers romance, suspense, and even humor. I loved it. Did I mention the book is sexy? Yup, it turned me on. On a more thoughtful note, Marsden's story asks an important question: is a woman's transition from prey to predator, or powerlessness to empowered, entirely self dependent, or does she in fact require help from a man? Excellent question in this world . . . or any other. Highly recommend.
on July 10, 2013
This is slightly different to the other books I have read by Sommer. The usual sex aspect, which is OK. Didn't like that awful Kevin, glad he got his comeuppance, the swine. Liv, at the beginning was an idiot in my opinion, she should have given him the elbow long before.
on February 20, 2010
I've read this book three times. Three. And every time it just gets hotter. Amazing story. I just love the characters, their depth, their beautiful souls. Amazing book that I simply cannot recommend enough.

This book deserves to be read over and over and over.