Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 26, 2013
Bottom line: great value.
That said, the sizing seems to be European (not that there's anything wrong over there!).
I wear men's small in most things, medium in boxers. This fit is not as generous as some other bike shorts I have -- also made in Europe.
Not strangulation, mind you, but a bit tighter than a mature chap may prefer.
However, the padding is more than adequate and strategic.
Probably the large would be around my knees, but some guys taller than I (5'8") may want to go up a size..
on April 25, 2013
These shorts are amongst the most comfortable I've owned in 25 years of cycling. As others have pointed out, the amount of padding is "just right" and in the right places. I prefer these over my Cannondale and Specialized shorts costing 3-4 times as much.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2015
I was torn whether to give this 4 stars or 5. Brand new, the fabric "squeaked" a bit, and the edges of the bad are not as smooth as they could be, and the pad is on the smaller size. But seriously, padded bike shorts for $25??!?!?!?

After 2 washes, the fabric stopped squeaking, and the pad edges have softened. I'm using these only for training on a spinning bike, and they're PERFECT for that use, as far as I'm concerned. The pad is smaller than my other bike shorts, but they do cover the saddle completely, and no there's no rubbing/chafing issues.

Are they as good as a pair of "name brand" shorts? Almost, yeah. And for $25? Seriously, wow. I'm buying another pair or 2 to use for my spinning bike rotation, and I'll try them outdoors in spring.
on March 7, 2014
I ordered the size of Large because the instructions told me that would fit my waist size (32-34). When I tried them on, I found them to be much too small, especially in the thighs. So, I gave them to my teenage son and ordered an XL pair for myself. Those seem to fit much better and I do like them. So, if you are getting these shorts, consider buying them a size larger than you would have thought.
on September 1, 2015
I'm 6 feet tall, 208 lbs., 38-in. waist - - no Olympian, to be sure. But I have good legs. :-)

Regardless, big riders need good gear, too, and these are nicely made shorts (XXL) at a fair and competitive price. I like that they're made in the USA. My day-one observations are that the seams are very well stitched - - tight, with no loose threads and no fabric puckering. Material is slick and strong as I would expect from any good shorts. I use pants liners with fairly thick seat padding, so I prefer that the outer shorts have padding that is less bulky. These meet that description. The waistband does not easily roll over and the crotch fit is good.Fit on the thighs and at the leg bands was the way I like it - - snug. If I get down to 200 lbs. in the near future, they'll fit even better, I'm thinking. First ride in these shorts (with liner) was comfortable. I've spent three times as much for pants I liked less. For the price, try a pair.
on March 13, 2017
This was my second pair and I ordered this pair a size larger than the first pair because they were a little tight but very wearable. The second pair feels to be about the same size as the first pair??. I can't complain about the quality and comfort so far. I spend at least an hour per day on a bike either inside or out and comfortable shorts are a must. These shorts fit the bill in comfort, price and American Made. Good deal but order one size up..
on June 17, 2016
We purchased two of these exact same bike shorts around the beginning of last year. They've been fantastic.

These "newer" versions, which are the same exact size as those we purchased last year, are slightly smaller, especially in the padding. Also, the padding is thinner in these "newer" shorts. What the heck?

Won't be buying these ever again!!!
on January 31, 2016
These are great! They're my first pair of padded cycling shorts and I really like them. At first, I was skeptical because the padding was kinda stiff, but once you starting riding they quickly break in. My seat is no longer noticeably stiff.

Other reviews mentioned sizing up. I have a 34in waist and the XL fit perfectly.
on November 28, 2013
I'd normally wear a medium, but ordered a large based on other comments about the sizing. And sure enough, the large size is about right for me. Not having used them much yet it's difficult to comment on the durability and so forth, but they look well made.
on January 1, 2017
I've got a few rides in with these since getting my bike back out of the storage shed, and I must say they are basic but do what is intended...which as to save my taint! Having not ridden in years, I was having a terrible time with saddle pain. These fit according to the chart and provide enough padding to keep my from having to stand up and the last piece of a long ride.