Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 16, 2016
These shoes are unbelievably versatile!

I started off with them about six months ago, looking for a tan suede shoe that was professional enough for work, but casual enough for a walk in the park or a date. These work very well in both of those situations, eliciting compliments and praise. They look fantastic and, despite the lack of substantial tread on the soles, will give you a decent amount of grip on slippery surfaces.

The quality of the suede is very good, and I was able to wax it with a 50:50 mix of paraffin:beeswax for an waterproof, aged look. While this application worked well, it did significantly darken the colour of the shoe from the tan pictured to more of a waxy brown. I would suggest against doing this, as it hides the fantastic threadwork that makes the shoe oh-so-classy. Fret not, if you choose to wax it, you can always remove it with some elbow grease and a soapy brush.

Overall, highly recommend this shoe. It'll last you a long while, and it's comfortable enough to wear all day the day that you buy it; no painful break in period! I would recommend, however, that you purchase a pair of cedar shoe trees to dry the shoe out between ears, allowing the shoe to retain its shape and last longer.
on March 7, 2016
I normally wear a 9, but really wanted these in black, so I purchased the 9.5 figuring I could live with the extra room. As it turns out, they fit as they would for a size 9, so beware if you buy these. You may consider going up to the next half size.
on December 10, 2014
Love the design and style, however it runs a bit narrow. I wear 9 with both my casual shoes and running shoes, normally with ample room to spare. These were certainly spacious enough in most dimensions, but in the area along the side of the ball of my foot it was too tight. I could feel it rubbing with each step on both sides. Didn't want any bloody blisters messing up my feet, so had to send them back. Unfortunately it looks like Bass doesn't have any wider versions of this shoe.

Going to try out the Pasadena instead, which has a slightly slimmer profile, but is offered in wide sizes.
on May 31, 2016
The only complain I have about these shoes (well there's two) is that I wish there was better arch support, or I could put my custom orthodics in them. Second, the laces seem to be of low quality.
Other than that they are awesome!
Even without my preferred arch support these are super comfortable and I have literally worn them traveling for 26 hours straight. (I mean yah my feet hurt at the end, but that would happen with ANY shoe!)
on July 15, 2015
As a disclaimer, when I picked these up, they were $32.70 for a size 11. At any price higher than $50 dollars my recommendation starts to evaporate. I won't say "ignore the negative reviews of this shoe's durability", but consider that I wear my shoes very roughly, even at my office job. Daily for 2.5 months, I have walked in these at a brisk pace on my lunch break on concrete, through rain and mud (as carefully as I could be bothered to do).

I was concerned with the sole material, but it has held up better than expected considering how I treat them, with acceptable wear on the heel. The shoes broke in very comfortably over my first month with them. I am quite happy wearing them for 9 hours a day. Realize that they provide 0 arch support, so if you have foot issues, strongly consider an insert.

Even with my distinct lack of shoe-care, they still look passably nice and I see no sign that the material is near giving out. Your mileage may vary - consider that if your shoes degrade early, they may have a material defect.
on August 25, 2015
I was looking for a pair of cheap oxfords that I could dress both up and down and these shoes definitely delivered. I will say that the "Grey" color I ordered is more of a brownish-grey which isn't what I initially expected and doesn't quite look like the picture in the description, but still looks good none the less.

Overall I feel that their quality of construction/appearance for the price more than makes up for the slight color issues and makes this a great shoe for the price.
on March 17, 2016
I have only worn them one time so far, so they still have that new feel to them like any new shoe. They should feel more comfortable when "broken in". Bass shoes are on the narrow side, which is fine in my case. I normally wear a B width. My size 10 D is closer to a C width shoe. I wear heavier socks to make them less loose feeling. I bought these white shoes to wear with a pair or white pants. The only other white shoes I could find were white patent leather, which I did not want.
on February 9, 2016
So far so good, haven't worn them much but they appear to be of good quality - certainly worth the $48. These are not the traditional Bass bucks w the little green Bass logo on the back / side, like ideas used to as a younger guy, but they're still pretty damn snazzy. Like I said, for the price you can't beat it.
on August 7, 2015
Not worth it at all.

The sole is terrible. It's some sort of really cheap plastic. $1 slippers from Target have better traction than these. The shoelaces are a terrible plastic as well, makes tying the shoe a painful process. I've worn these shoes twice in a year. The shoe itself feels like some sort of s***ty composite material. Overall there's not much of an upside, they look somewhat decent, but the color is slightly off too.
on November 4, 2015
I would give these GH Bass Suede Buckingham Oxfords a zero star rating but it wasn't possible. The suede is more like cheap velvet and scuffs very easily. Right after the warranty expired the inner heel piece snapped off a metal brace holding it in place. I called GH Bass, but they would not stand behind their product, and said there was nothing they could do for me. These shoes were not inexpensive, but are constructed very cheaply. They obviously do not care about their customers,so I am leaving this review to warn others from being ripped off. Save your money and look elsewhere! Buyer beware!!,
review imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.