Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 451 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 469 reviews
on July 16, 2016
These shoes are unbelievably versatile!

I started off with them about six months ago, looking for a tan suede shoe that was professional enough for work, but casual enough for a walk in the park or a date. These work very well in both of those situations, eliciting compliments and praise. They look fantastic and, despite the lack of substantial tread on the soles, will give you a decent amount of grip on slippery surfaces.

The quality of the suede is very good, and I was able to wax it with a 50:50 mix of paraffin:beeswax for an waterproof, aged look. While this application worked well, it did significantly darken the colour of the shoe from the tan pictured to more of a waxy brown. I would suggest against doing this, as it hides the fantastic threadwork that makes the shoe oh-so-classy. Fret not, if you choose to wax it, you can always remove it with some elbow grease and a soapy brush.

Overall, highly recommend this shoe. It'll last you a long while, and it's comfortable enough to wear all day the day that you buy it; no painful break in period! I would recommend, however, that you purchase a pair of cedar shoe trees to dry the shoe out between ears, allowing the shoe to retain its shape and last longer.
on June 12, 2015
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! Having been a Bass loyalist for over three decades, this product is crap. After wearing it to the office for one month, it disintegrated. the upper sole detached from the lower.
review image
on July 15, 2015
As a disclaimer, when I picked these up, they were $32.70 for a size 11. At any price higher than $50 dollars my recommendation starts to evaporate. I won't say "ignore the negative reviews of this shoe's durability", but consider that I wear my shoes very roughly, even at my office job. Daily for 2.5 months, I have walked in these at a brisk pace on my lunch break on concrete, through rain and mud (as carefully as I could be bothered to do).

I was concerned with the sole material, but it has held up better than expected considering how I treat them, with acceptable wear on the heel. The shoes broke in very comfortably over my first month with them. I am quite happy wearing them for 9 hours a day. Realize that they provide 0 arch support, so if you have foot issues, strongly consider an insert.

Even with my distinct lack of shoe-care, they still look passably nice and I see no sign that the material is near giving out. Your mileage may vary - consider that if your shoes degrade early, they may have a material defect.
on March 17, 2016
I have only worn them one time so far, so they still have that new feel to them like any new shoe. They should feel more comfortable when "broken in". Bass shoes are on the narrow side, which is fine in my case. I normally wear a B width. My size 10 D is closer to a C width shoe. I wear heavier socks to make them less loose feeling. I bought these white shoes to wear with a pair or white pants. The only other white shoes I could find were white patent leather, which I did not want.
on January 20, 2015
From my first impression, they're excellent shoes for the price. The shape is simple and classic, the material is decent, the size was as expected, and they even came with two pairs of different colored laces. I don't know if it's standard for the shoes of this brand to come with different lace colors, but it was certainly a nice touch, and I actually preferred the gold laces not shown in the picture to the original olive ones. As far as I can tell from a glance, the quality and stitching are impressive for $60 shoes, but I'll have to put them to the test to be sure of that. I'll update the review if I notice any significant flaws after a few weeks of wear.
on November 4, 2015
I would give these GH Bass Suede Buckingham Oxfords a zero star rating but it wasn't possible. The suede is more like cheap velvet and scuffs very easily. Right after the warranty expired the inner heel piece snapped off a metal brace holding it in place. I called GH Bass, but they would not stand behind their product, and said there was nothing they could do for me. These shoes were not inexpensive, but are constructed very cheaply. They obviously do not care about their customers,so I am leaving this review to warn others from being ripped off. Save your money and look elsewhere! Buyer beware!!,
review image review image
on March 7, 2016
I normally wear a 9, but really wanted these in black, so I purchased the 9.5 figuring I could live with the extra room. As it turns out, they fit as they would for a size 9, so beware if you buy these. You may consider going up to the next half size.
on August 7, 2015
Not worth it at all.

The sole is terrible. It's some sort of really cheap plastic. $1 slippers from Target have better traction than these. The shoelaces are a terrible plastic as well, makes tying the shoe a painful process. I've worn these shoes twice in a year. The shoe itself feels like some sort of s***ty composite material. Overall there's not much of an upside, they look somewhat decent, but the color is slightly off too.
on June 5, 2013
If you look around for comparable shoes (like I did), you will find they cost way more and are no better. Great shoes. The problem with them is that I have grown accustomed to dress shoes like Allen Edmonds, and Bass does not do much by way of widths. So, it fits well, especially for a sub $100 shoe, but not like an incredibly comfortable last such as my AEs which are 9.5 EEE, these are 10.5 D.
on February 18, 2016
really like these shoes! super comfy but they are pretty standard in that they add about an extra bit of length in front so they do look a bit long compared to regular sneakers so keep that in mind!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.