Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 703 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 735 reviews
on April 18, 2017
These shoes look and fit great! They replace an old pair of Bass penny loafers of a slightly different style which I loved. The shoes look to be very well made with one slight issue I noticed. Inside the shoe heel a small piece of leather is glued to the back of the shoe to cover the sewed seam that runs vertically up the back. On the right shoe this piece of leather was torn and wadded up. I removed the deformed piece of leather and the shoe feels great. I do however believe that a shoe in this price range should have better quality control. This is a minor issue so I still recommend this shoe.
on March 31, 2014
This shoes run really small and feels so cheap. I hate the. They are literally two size smaller. I ordered 10 but they really feel like 8. So please think twice before you get it.
on October 16, 2016
The look of the shoe is very nice, although the leather discolored almost immediately, simply from the flexing of the shoe through normal walking. I also found it hard to believe that these shoes were so narrow. I cannot imagine that someone that wears a size 13 shoe would have feet this narrow. As there was no option for an E or 2E, I was stuck with the D, making them uncomfortable to wear.
on February 3, 2015
I guess the best thing to say about these shoes is that you get what you pay for. They're not especially comfortable and are not really durable. I don't really put these shoes through any rigorous program just for general wear around a typical office setting, but I would not recommend these if you intend to stand or be walking excessively. The black leather feels cheap and the soles feel cheap, a couple months of wearing these and I had received a hole in the bottom of the right foot. All in all these shoes are meh.
on March 9, 2014
I was very dissapointed because I buyed these shoes two times before and then I was very satisfied because they lasted much longer than they have done this.

The new ones I buyed before that I could use them for a week the right side one splited... I wish I did not throw away the money...
on December 28, 2013
Bought these out of nostalgia as one of my first penny loafers were BASS loafers. Shipping from i-Parcel tool a while, got caught up with the Xmas stuff, but that's not Amazon nor Bass' fault.

Back to the shoes. They fit well. I normally wear 9 to 9.5 depending on shoe type, but for loafers, I tend to be more conservative at 9 (since I don't wear them with thick socks nor do they come with laces) and they fit perfectly.

The leather's a bit stiff and the shine is in between regular and patent, so it's not very common, it'd look better in the wine maroon colour than black, but still, when you wear these with trousers, or even dark jeans, they look really nice.

Fit is fine and comfortable with good support.

Bass from 8-10 years ago seem to be better made, but that may not be a valid comparison as I no longer have the old shoes for side-to-side comparison.
on April 4, 2017
First pair I ordered my regular size in 12 D and they were way too loose on me so I sent back for 11.5 and they fit perfect. These do require a bit of a break in if you are going to try and wear without socks. Had some sore spots but after about 3 wears they have broken in very nicely. Had to wear some thick socks on the final wear to stretch them out a bit more but now they are good and they look very nice. Very classic look and can mix it up!
on March 17, 2017
I have worn this shoe since college -- nearly fifty years ago. I still love the look and comfort, but the soles wear out quickly. No point having the shoes resoled; it is cheaper just to order another pair. Still, this is a disappointing aspect and the shoes are now made in El Salvador for Pete's sake -- rather than in Maine. Welcome to American industry, right?
on May 14, 2015
This was my first time buying shoes online, and it was not a very good experience. I wore Bass Weejuns for years when they were still made in the USA. When Bass moved production overseas in the 90's, quality also took a steep dive, and I switched brands to Florsheim. I've been relatively happy with Florsheim, but they are expensive, so when I saw Weejuns on sale I decided to give them another try. They have not improved. They are extremely narrow and the toe area has a very low ceiling that pinches your toes when you walk. I know these tend to be small, so I ordered a half size larger than my usual Florsheim size, but the Weejuns were still too small. I recommend ordering at least one full size larger than your regular shoe size, and if possible, find someplace you can try them to confirm your size before you order anything online.
on September 17, 2015
Great quality shoes. Fit as expected. Will never go out of style. Comfortable right out of the box. No problems with rubbing in the heel or irritation caused by and odd stitch etc. There is no real padding to speak of, just a classic leather shoe which will soften and mold to your feet as you wear them. They are very comfortable for an 8 hour day in the office, which entails a lot of sitting and multiple trips to the printer etc. My first time ever wearing them was to a wedding rehearsal dinner which lasted about 4 hours and by the end of the evening, I wasn't in pain, but my feet were showing signs of aching and ready to get out of them, so I'm not certain I would like them if I had to be on my feet for say, 6 hours or more. But they have gotten softer as I've worn them more and the comfort continues to improve.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.