Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 20, 2013
I paid $88 for these shoes, a fair price. They're much more on Bates' website. They fit well and are very comfortable. The gloss, however, is somewhat "rippled" above the heel, around the back of the shoe on one of them. It's not noticeable unless you observe them closely, and my trouser leg edge covers it. Therefore, even though I'm a retired career Marine who likes perfection when wearing uniform items, I did not return them because I needed them a few days later for a veteran's funeral. I am part of the honor guard for a local Marine Corps League detachment and paying the proper respect to a deceased veteran was more important to me than returning the shoes for a minor discrepancy.

UPDATE: 6/28/13: A few days after writing the preceding product review, I was contacted by Cat5 Commerce, the company from whom I had ordered the flawed shoes (through Amazon)and they asked me to return them anyway. They also provided prepaid FedEx return shipping labels. Additionally, they informed me that Bates/Wolverine World Wide of Rockford, MI, was shipping a new pair and that I should receive them in 3 days. As promised, they arrived this afternoon and were perfect. I'm highly satisfied with the after-sale service that I have received. On that basis, I am revising my original 3 star rating to 5 stars. Thanks!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 7, 2016
They must have sent me a size eleven in a girl size for those shoes is entirely too small and had my feet hurting so bad, it couldn't have been a man shoe size but now they're worn...
on July 21, 2014
These shoes are comfortable right out of the box. I use them for marching six times a year. A lot of time spent on my feet at these events, but never have sore feet. Will say that these shoes don't last as long as I would like. I got about six seasons out of these before the sole on left shoe started to come apart.
on January 10, 2017
I purchased 3E width shoe but, it fits like 2E.
on July 28, 2016
Just don't scuff these very comfortable shoes.
on September 18, 2012
The shoes are elegantly made and appear strong. The glossy look is real. I have worn these shoes for 5 days a week for over 8 weeks and the feel and comfort are great. A great bargain for a good pair of shoes and I recommend them for value-minded lovers of glossy shoes. Keep up the good work, Bates!
on July 19, 2016
Nice
on February 27, 2016
Not what I thought!
on June 21, 2013
These shoes are very comfortable and make the uniform pop!! Even when standing in formation for a long Commander's Call, they're comfortable!
2 helpful votes
on September 23, 2015
Have worn Bates liters for 20 years
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question