We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 9" from arch
- Boot opening measures approximately 13" around
- Non Safety
- Water Resistant
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Bates Ormond Boots. Built tough... for miles and miles of riding style. Riding essentials. The full-grain leather real deal, packed with plenty of comfort, protection and attitude. The open road awaits: Full-grain leather uppers; Full length cushion sock lining; YKK locking inside zipper; 3M reflective piping; Oil-resistant rubber logger outsole; Goodyear welt construction... repairable miles and miles down the road; Shaft height: 8"; Heel height: 1 3/4"; State Size. Order yours today! Men's Bates Ormond Boots, Black
- Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 13.9 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.9 pounds
- ASIN: B006H1VYKQ
- Item model number: Ormond-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 24, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I ride a lot and am not easy on my boots. Here are some points i'd like to touch on.
1. The leather is very good quality and the overall boot is very well made. Condition them with some Leather Honey, or another leather conditioner and the leather will thank you. I see these boots lasting for many years. (Note; some leather conditioners will eat away at stitching. Leather Honey won't. And no I do not work for them. I just love their product)
2. No problems with the side zipper. It works well and zips down far enough where it's easy on/easy off. I haven't had to untie the laces since day one.
3. Very good lug sole, great traction when I'm riding and need to plant my feet on wet pavement or even gravel. I believe the heel is 1.75" high. Most of what's considered high in other boots are 1.5". So, if you're on a shorter side, like me, you may appreciate the extra height, which allows me to get more flat footed while on my bike.
4. The boot is very comfortable for me. There may be lighter boots out there, but this boot certainly isn't heavy. I'd say somewhere in the middle. I've had them on from morning til evening, and did plenty of walking, with no complaints.
5. SIZING: I usually wear a 10.5 so that is what I ordered. However, when I tried them on it seemed I had just a tiny bit more room than I like.Read more ›
Bonus - I did not realize till I was taking a flash picture of my floorboards that the side piping on these boots is reflective for nightime visibility. The flash lit it up. I'll post a picture if it lets me. Bottom line, nice boots. Bates = good company.
For those that aren't accustomed to a larger heel, these may feel a bit awkward at first. Some complain about the height, but they aren't any higher (if not smaller) than your typical cowboy boots. I've been wearing them for long periods with lots of walking and haven't felt any discomfort once broken in. They are very stiff at first, which may cause a bit of discomfort but that will go away. For me, they are very comfortable. Just be sure you get the proper size, slightly too big and your foot will slip about all over the place.
The leather is very good and the stitching superb. However, you MUST use some kind of leather conditioner on a regular basis to avoid cracking- as the leather will begin to wrinkle at the toe from bending (as with any leather boot).
I really love these, unfortunately, they aren't without a few niggles. The pair that I got, the left boot feels like it's curved along the outer left side than it is on the right boot, causing my pinkie toe to rub against the inside of the boot. No problems with the right boot however. The zippers are very strong, and make putting them on and off less of a hassle. However, they sometimes get a bit stuck if they aren't perfectly straight and aligned. Apart from a bit of stiffness, which I hope will start to flex more with time, and a few wrinkles from bending, I have no other complaints.
I would recommend them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My husband loves them! Fits Great! No problems! Will buy from this seller againPublished 3 months ago by D. Gekle
Order your exact size, I wear a 10.5-11, ordered an 11 and it is a bit large but manageable.Published 3 months ago by Edward H. Garlitz Jr.
Great boots. I am a trucker and biker and these leave nothing to be desired. Highly recommended.Published 7 months ago by gary w. steawrt
These are about 1/2 an inch larger than I expected, but not bad at all. I use gel inserts anyway so it actually worked out pretty good.Published 9 months ago by G. Mott
Great boot that I'll keep for years. Perfect for riding or casual wear and very comfortable.Published 9 months ago by RMH