Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bates Men's Velocitor Zip Waterproof Work Boot
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 15, 2015
Very happy with these boots. Comfortable, good arch support, great quality. I work 12 shifts and these will keep me happy. I probably could have ordered a half size smaller, but I'm satisfied with the way they fit. They are wide enough for the regular fit, too. Not tight at all. They were already cheaper on Amazon than at any other retailer, plus I got 25% off for a holiday promotion Amazon was running at the time of my purchase. I opted for free, regular shipping, and they came in three days after I ordered them. Very good product, and very good order experience.
review image review image
on June 2, 2016
I've owned several pairs of Bates combat boots with great durability so it made my decision to buy another pair fairly easy. But just 5 months in, both have split in connection points between fabric and leather. It seems more of a design flaw than anything to do with manufacturing defects. Obviously I would not recommend these to anyone who actually uses them for everyday work related use. On a simpler side of gripes, they were also terrible in any wet grass. Your feet will get soaked in under 5 minutes and they take a long time to dry out in the sun. Hoping it's not a downward trend for the quality of Bates...
on December 22, 2015
Extremely comfortable. To the idiot claiming they aren't "waterproof" because he stepped in a 6 inch deep puddle and his feet for soaked: uh, it's a 6 inch boot. Waterproof doesn't mean it will stop water from entering the top of the boot!!! I filled my sink full of water and submerged the boots (with my hand in them) about 4 inches deep for a good twenty seconds each side, and my hand remained completely dry. No false advertising here.
on July 12, 2014
Got these for work, I work in a Receiving hall where i'm having to constantly be on my feet, walk, lift freight, pull freight, climb ladders, walk in either chemical spill or water & walk down to the loading docks. these are comfortable boots, they are not 100% waterproof but if you walk in a half an inch puddle the water will splash up on the front of the boot and not soak in. the rubber in the front of the boot works well to prevent me from hitting my toes on pallets in Receiving and help when kicking the truck door latch locks open.
on January 6, 2016
These shoes are like walking on a cloud. With plantar fasciitis, being on my feet all day can be grueling. Since buying these boots, I have had zero problems with my feet. If I know I'm going to do a lot of walking (particularly on concrete or asphalt) I will put these on. I have wide feet and generally have to buy wides. An earlier model of the velocitors were wide enough to fit with no discomfort. The newer model of velocitors have become narrower for some reason. Not a deal breaker as they are still incredibly comfortable, but just a bit disappointing.

I also own a pair of 511 boots. I like that those are completely water proof, but due to that, they do not breath and are stupid hot in the summer. These velocitors stay cool and my feet don't sweat. The sole is very grippy and has great tread. The sole has a bit wider base, which provides a lot of stability. The zipper works smoothly without catching or separating.

Con: The only con (other than the newer slimmer design) is that they are difficult to shine just based on the design of the toe. The rubber sole wraps up around the toe. The plus to that, is that they don't get torn up at the toe and are more durable. The downside is that shining is just a bit more tedious. Obviously this is only a problem if you are using them in an environment that requires them to stay nice and neat like me. As you can see, this did not change my star rating because I could never imagine giving this product less than 5 stars.

Overall, these boots provide the durability, stability and support of a boot, but the comfort of a cushy running tennis shoe. I've had my first pair for a couple years I think now, and they are still in very good shape. I got a second pair to use outside the work environment (so I didn't have to keep them shined and such), and got the desert (brown) version.
on April 2, 2015
This is my second time ordering these. I work all day and run in them when needed and they are very comfortable and lightweight which makes responding to a situation easier. My feet don't sweat as bad because of the mesh on the sides which allows air flow.
on June 11, 2016
These boots are comfortable from day 1, and break in was a breeze.

The tread is aggressive, but still allows vital mobility if you need to get physical. Waterproofing seems to work very well, and the side zipper is stout. There's even a solid expansion flap inside the zipper to prevent leakage!
on April 27, 2016
Very comfortable but EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY. Bates used to be known for durability and sadly these boots didn't measure up. The rubber soles were separating after only a few months and the leather uppers were separating where the sole meets up with it. I was blown away with how crappy these were. They were comfortable and lightweight but I'm already buying replacements at 8 months as these literally fell apart. I had to shoe goo the rubber soles back together to make it to the 8 month point.
on May 10, 2016
Bought these boots 2 months ago. Have worn them for 2 weeks and everyday another eyelet for the laces pops out of the boots. Pretty sad for the price and since I didn't wear them right away no returns. This is the second issue I've had with Bates boots in the past 2 yrs. it's definitely my last pair. Comfort wise they are great but that's about it
on August 7, 2016
These are not waterproof in any way shape or form. Rode with them on a motorcycle for only about 20 minutes in a hard rain and they were soaked inside and out. When I went to shift gears, I could hear and feel the water sloshing in the boot.