|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$90.00 - $119.95 & FREE Returns|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Leather and synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 7.5" from arch
- Durable, easy to clean leather and nylon upper
- Breathable lining
- Cushioned removable insert
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
8" Women's Bates Tactical Sport Side - zip Duty Boots protect and serve your feet with support and slip - resistance! When the demands on feet and ankles escalate, the #1 selling Bates boot always rises to the occasion, while the side-zip design makes them easier to put on and remove. Now 30% lighter than their original model, these longstanding force veterans feature breathable mesh linings, fully cushioned removable insoles with shock-absorbing pads and slip-resistant Ultra-Lites Rubber Outsoles so when you put your foot down, it stays there. More: Side-zip for easy on / off; Soft toe; Cement construction; Measure approx. 8" in height; Lightweight... 2 lbs. State Size. Order Now! 8" Women's Bates Tactical Sport Side-zip Boots
Founded in 1885 as a dress shoe manufacturer, today Bates Footwear is dedicated to the development and manufacturing of uniform footwear for all branches of the military and civilian police forces. In 2003, the company joined the billion-dollar footwear giant, Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. and is headquartered in Rockford, Michigan. Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. is one of the world’s leading marketers of branded casual, active lifestyle, work, outdoor sport and uniform footwear. The company’s portfolio of highly recognized brands includes: Bates, Chaco, Cushe, Hush Puppies, HYTEST, Merrell, Sebago and Wolverine. The company is also the exclusive footwear licensee of popular brands including Cat Footwear, Harley-Davidson Footwear, and Patagonia Footwear. The company’s products are carried by leading retailers in the U.S. and globally in 190 countries or territories.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00816BRY8
- Item model number: ENFORCER 8 Inch-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 31, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
I worked at UPS during Peak (Christmas) and for the first half of of it, part of Nov and half of December, I wore the cheaper pair. Then I switched over to these.
A few things:
1) The toe room is good. Allows for thicker socks which can make all the difference in the world, good or bad. However it means my foot moves around in them a bit which can also be good OR bad depending on the day, activity, and socks.
2) They are light - that is a plus. They didn't feel heavy or make my shins tired all day as I drove, ran, & dropped packages all over my route.
3) Weather resistantness. For the amount of rain we had here in MD in December, these kept my feet nice and dry-ish. I don't know if water got in or my feet sweated so they weren't dry - but I wasn't walking in puddles either. See next point.
4) On to the no so awesome part, and the reason I took 2 stars off. I would have taken 2.5 stars off, however Amazon doesn't do that. I only wore these, hard core, for 2.5 weeks. I wore them 5 days a week and they were well worn. I drove a truck, jumped in and out of it, tracked over all kinds of terrain delivering packages. These are the more expensive boots and I expected longer wear. I didn't get that. The cheaper boots held up better.
The toe rubber is coming off and I suspect that may be where the "wetness" is coming from?
5) Zipper - HURTS. For some reason the zipper part digs into my leg as I walk, and I had to move fast. I ended up cutting up a pair of fleece leggings and wearing OVER my sock to keep a blister/sore from happening.
Honestly - I liked the other cheaper brand better. They held up better, were lighter, fit my foot better, and overall were more comfortable without any adjustments of "socks".
Most recent customer reviews
I'm on my feet 15+ hours and I can't even feel that the next day!!
Wish they held the shine longer.