Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 28, 2012
I used this for a tiled tub surround that was only about 2 years old. The tub was bright white, but the builder put in a yellow-ish tile around the tub and shower. I followed the directions exactly, removed any and all fixtures, cleaned out all of the old caulk, and applied this coating. It worked great, and as advertised. Prep time was about 4 hours, and I used painters tape. I applied the second coat about 18 hours later, then we went on vacation. It says not to use it for 5 days so that worked out well. When I returned, I cut the seems where the tape was before removing it (again, per the instructions) and it turned out great! I reinstalled the fixtures and caulked with some bright white silicone caulk. Two things to be aware of. First, this stuff smells so make sure you ventilate the area and/or wear some type of respirator. Second, it did not come out completely smooth, but pretty darn close. Otherwise, I highly recommend this product. It made a huge difference with minimal cost and a little extra effort.
on September 7, 2012
I fond the Bath and Sink Epoxy Kit very easy to follow the instructions and very easy to apply and a good result and a very good finish.
on October 19, 2012
I would have given a 5 star but the roller brush fell apart 1/2 through the application. Although that occurred, I must say, I am thrilled with the outcome of my work. I'm just a chick, and let me tell you....I'm psyched. Pat on back and all that! When I first started doing the tub, I thought "what did I get myself into." Then when I was finished, I started seeing the satin shine and the beautiful finish of my (and I man 20 year old grossness) tub. I texted everyone I know a picture of my "new" tub. Seriously? I saved about $2000 because that was the price I was quoted to replace this tub! It is a little bit of work and if you're not physically well, I wouldn't recommend getting this, but if you're up for a good work out and a beautiful new tub...go for it!
on August 10, 2010
So far it seems like a good product. BUT... I ended up using a small sponge roller to apply the second coat. There is no way I can see ending up with a smooth finish using the supplied brush. I'm sure that if you can, spraying it on would be the best way to go.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on May 14, 2012
I bought this kit to refinish the bottom of the tub in a rental house. i did the bottom of the tub to cover a big chip. I wish i would have done the entire inside of the tub instead of just the bottom. the finish is thick and looks great. It is very white. much whiter than the existing tub which is 4 years old. so far i'm happy with it. we'll see how it holds up to the abuse of renters.
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 23, 2010
I rated this seller earlier and was amazed with the speed of the order as it was sitting outside my door the next morning. Well my husband used this product this weekend. It has many steps to follow and it is a lot of work and time consuming and be prepared to make a small amount of room in your freezer for overnight storage of brush and small can of material- BUT if you follow the steps, you will be able to do the job yourself and have great results! You must make arrangements for at least 6 days to shower elsewhere. We did not want to replace our tub as it is in great shape and is absolutely huge (from the days people like to soak their entire body without being cramped up)The only problem was the flesh pink color I really do not like. But not now as it is a gleaming white tub we are very pleased. We saved a bunch of money not having to replace the tub!!! Now I can spend it on new tile. You only invest a small amount of cash and some sweat equity. Excellent "Dummy" job.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 30, 2011
I was sceptical when I started searching for something to redo my old bathtub. I saw the Kit and read some of the reviews as well as some of the other products and decided to give this one a try. It was easy with step-by-step instructions. My tub looks like it almost brand new! There was very little odor and the paint went on smoothly even after being in the freezer. The only complaint was the roller fell apart applying the second coat. I would recommend this Kit to anyone who wants a renewed looking tub without buying a new one!
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on September 5, 2013
Had problems with leaking can upon receipt. Cost me $$ to ship the mess back for refund.
Ended up using the rustoleum tub refinishing kit sold here on Amazon which worked out OK at 1/3 the cost of this kit.
on June 29, 2013
It took some work, but my tub looked great. Until I tried to do some other work on the faucets and dropped some pliers on the tub- which cracked this coat. I'd love to get a product of a small touch-up epoxy...
on September 17, 2010
With a very low investment and a light handy man job now i have a new bathroom. I just recommend to use a better brush and make sure to get a good ventilation. The secret is to let the paint dry at least one week. After one month I'm ver pleasant with the result.
6 helpful votes