Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 24, 2013
The front of the box says that Bonus Content includes Harley Quinn's Revenge and Batman: Year One, and that it has a code to download from Xbox Live that expires on March 31, 2013.

I wasn't sure if that meant all content was behind the code or that some was on the disc and some on XBox Live. I got mixed results when researching the issue. One person said they used the code after expiration and it still worked. Some people said they got two discs in the box and it had all the content and others said they got one disc in the box and it didn't have all the content.

So here's the breakdown:

I put in the code today, 24 April 2013, and it is indeed INVALID on Xbox Live. I have a paid Gold membership (compared to a free Silver membership) and it still didn't work.

The box contains two discs. Those who got one disc may have purchased the original game. This is the Game of the Year Edition, with the ugly red and white cover. Upon installing and starting up disc one, the game searched for me and advised me that I have Catwoman content waiting for me and to please insert the second disc to install the Catwoman Bundle Pack.

All I had to do to enable this was start the game with Disc 2 in the drive instead of Disc 1. Up came a screen offering me to install:
-Catwoman Bundle Pack
-Batman Inc. Batsuit Skin
-Challenge Map Pack
-The Arkham Bundle
-Harley Quinn's Revenge

I could install individually or select "Install All" button.

So a careful reading of the box and examination of the options seems to show that the only thing the expired Xbox Live download code was used for was the animated movie "Batman: Year One." You do NOT get that for free when you buy this game because the code expired March 31, 2013.

I hope that helps anyone out there who was wondering, as I was, what the expired code meant.
66 comments| 324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2013
There's so much to see and do in Batman: Arkham City that you'd be forgiven for feeling overwhelmed by the game. It's a much bigger, open ended affair than Arkham Asylum. Asylum has the better, tighter story of the two but Arkham City's story is good enough that you'll want to play through to its very surprising ending. Arkham City gives you a few characters to play as and plenty of missions and collectibles to busy yourself with. This edition gives you the ability to play not just as Batman but also Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Robin. Every character has tons of stuff to do in various modes. Just collecting the Riddler trophies and completing his challenges is enough to keep you busy for weeks. It's the kind of game where you can just coast on it for a while and not worry about playing anything else due to the sheer amount of activities you can involve yourself with. The graphics and voice work are top notch and the surround sound is also pretty awesome (there's a nice little touch where when Mr. Freeze puts on his helmet and speaks, his voice suddenly seems to come from every speaker in this dead, robotic voice... love it).

It seems like just about every facet of Batman: Arkham Asylum has been improved upon with Arkham City. The combat especially is even smother this time around and it's a blast to master Batman's repertoire of moves to take on a bunch of goons all at the same time. I always find it funny that these same goons would even bother trying to take this guy on but hey, there would be no game if they all persistently ran away from him. It's challenging but not too challenging that it ever gets exceedingly frustrating. All in all, it's a very enjoyable ride with very few flaws to mention.

This Game of the Year edition of Arkham City is a totally worthy purchase and comes loaded to the gills. If you liked Arkham Asylum, this one is a no-brainer.
on December 27, 2012
The larger, open-world structure of Arkham City provides considerably more content than its predecessor, Arkham Asylum.
Batman's abilities and arsenal are enhanced, providing more ways to explore environments and bring the hurt to enemies.
The story is a little bit more sinister than before; just how far does Batman need to go to defeat his foes?

There is no manual with this game, but the controls are the same as before, and you can view them anytime in the pause menus.
This game comes with 2 discs: Disc 1 is the core game and its extra features, and Disc 2 allows you to install special content that was previously only available through download-purchase, as well as new story episodes played as Catwoman. (If you're not a fan of Catwoman, don't install her content until after you finish the main story; the Catwoman episodes interrupt the main story at four certain points.) -You could also skip Catwoman's content entirely, but you'll see reminders of her every time you play. She still plays similarly to Batman, but her gadgets are different/fewer, she doesn't have the same exact takedowns, and she uses her whip and wall-climbing as opposed to Batman's cape gliding.-
on September 9, 2013
Batman: Arkham City has gotten all kinds of praise for being a good game, and I loved the original copy. So one would ask, why would you buy the same game twice? This edition will cost you roughly around $15 and will net you all the dlc for the game. To go on XBL (Xbox Live) and purchase the same DLC will cost you way more, so it makes sense to just purchase the GOTY edition.

Additional challenge maps, characters like Robin and Nightwing are a blast to play as, and Harley Quinn's Revenge is also included. For the Batman, all skins are made available. This edition is cheap and provides huge savings on DLC...and if you haven't played Arkham City, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
on October 31, 2013
This game was better than Arkham Asylum.

It fixed all the minor issues with Asylum while opening the world up more.

Once again, another wonderful performance by Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as the Batman and the Joker.

I'm not usually a guy that needs to hunt down every single item in a game, but the riddler trophies turn into an obsession. It was insanely gratifying to find them all and get the surprise at the end.

Overall, the game takes anywhere from 8-20 hours depending on how much time you sink into it, and that's not even including any of the DLC.

Must Play.
on December 27, 2012
There is a lot of hype about Arkham City (as the box art likes to remind you), but surprisingly this game is worthy of it. Arkham City is a fantastic game. The graphics are very good, and I like the art style (although it took a little time to grow on me). The musical score is epic, and the voice acting is top notch. The writing and story are very well done, easily as good as the Batman comics or cartoons. Where this game really shines is the gameplay. Controls are very responsive and combat is simple yet engaging. Navigating the city is easy and fun, and using all of Batman's gadgets is rewarding.

If you are a fan of Batman in any of his many incarnations (shows, comics, movies, etc.) and you've ever wondered what it would be like to don the cape and cowl and fight crime as the Dark Knight, Arkham City will make your dreams come true. I highly recommend buying this game!
on April 28, 2014
I'm not a big first-person type of game nut. I do love sports games however. Given that, I gravitated to this Batman game because of how much fun it seemed to be to play. And I was not disappointed. The graphics are stellar. The story is very well thought out. Most of the major characters are there and it's fun to play against them. It does take a lot of strategy to play and sometimes it gets frustrating trying to pass a level. But I guess those are parts of these types of games. Definitely a winner tho and definitely fun to play. You can tell the detail and work that went into creating Batman: Arkham City.
on February 26, 2015
This was the best $20 I ever spent! This game is absolutely fantastic and I am stoked for Arkham Knight!

Besides the awesome gameplay, graphics, story, characters, and voice acting, this version actually saved me a crapton of money on the DLC! Because it comes with the second disk, I don't have to spend a buttload of money on XBox live for the DLC. I haven't played Harley Quinn's Revenge yet, but I loooove being able to play as Catwoman. It really helped with the Riddler side mission. Lol
on September 26, 2013
I'm not really a super hero playing type of guy. But I watched my brother play this game when it first came out and was fascinated by how fluid the game play was so I gave it a whirl. WOW was I surprised by this game it is so in depth with details and characters. This game is worth every penny and would have no problem buying it new. They did amazing job on basically everything from storylines to probably almost the best game play I have played and I've played my share of 360 games. It's just so fun seeing all the characters that you might of forgotten or in my case didn't remember. Being that i'm not a "die hard" comic person but did watch all the movies since I was a kid it's a really neat touch that they added so much detail in to the character cards. Like what year and comic book number that the villain/ character was introduced in the batman game. Now that's what I call detail to an already amazing game. You don't have to read my review to know how good it is being that it received many 10 out 10 awards which are nearly impossible to get in the gaming world... so enough said.
on June 7, 2014
Yeah, I'm a bit late. This game was first released in 2011, by the time of which I had already completed the original Batman: Arkham Asylum. I should have followed up with this one shortly thereafter, but I didn't. I waited until 2014; to be exact, it arrived at my house on the 30th of May 2014. After nine days of play (7th of June 2014 as of this review), I have completed the main story mode in full, and 33% of the overall game (remaining are side missions, riddles, DLCs and New Story +). All in all, it was still worth the wait. The game is amazing. The visuals are impressively stunning, although a bit graphically outdated. The open-world is appropriately sized, dense and rich with atmosphere and color. And the combat system is an improvement over the original one in Arkham Asylum. And to top it off, it cost me a mere $15. Great value!

The only downsides to this title were the graphics which weren't as smooth as I wanted it to be, although that's because its three years old. There were a few glitches, which surprised me a bit. And the story was a bit disappointing, because it didn't feel as if there was much meaning to it in the same way Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy had meaning. It had a plot, but not much underlying it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.