Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Batman: Arkham City for Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 73% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 15 $29.99 Save $8.84 (29%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Become the Dark Knight in a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured psychology
- Play as Catwoman with her own storyline in the main game which is seamlessly interwoven with Batman's story arc
- Experience advanced freeflow combat as Batman's melee abilities ratchet up to match that of AI enemies
- Put new gadgets, and new functionality for existing gadgets to work that expand the range of Batman's abilities
- Encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler and others
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Batman: Arkham City is third-person Action-Adventure game that delivers an authentic Dark Knight experience rooted in an original and engrossing story as well as a combination of melee combat, stealth, investigative and speed-based challenge gameplay. A sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City features the full range of classic enemies seen in the previous game, in addition to Catwoman, who is a playable character and has her own storyline in the new release. Additional features include: a range of new gadgets, an increased number of possible melee opponents and a range of movement options for Batman that include leaping, sliding, gliding and the grapple hook.
The Ultimate Experience of the Dark Knight
Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security "home" for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. The game features an unique combination of melee combat, stealth, investigative and speed-based challenge gameplay. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
Key Game Features
- Become the Dark Knight - Batman: Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured psychology.
- Play as Catwoman - Catwoman is a fully playable character in Batman: Arkham City who has her own storyline in the main game which is seamlessly interwoven with Batman's story arc. Her navigation skills, combat moves and gadgetry have been specifically designed to deliver a fully featured and unique experience.
- Advanced FreeFlow Combat - Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkham's gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns.
- New Gadgets - Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batman's abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt.
- New Story - Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman: Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham.
- Arkham Has Moved - Following the closure of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate prison, Gotham's new mayor, Quincy Sharp ordered the relocation of all inmates to Arkham City - a sprawling new super-prison five times bigger than Arkham Island, enclosing a wide variety of industrial districts, iconic locations and Gotham landmarks.
- Huge Cast of Characters - Players encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler and other iconic characters yet to be revealed.
- Featured VO Talent - Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively.
New gadgets to utilize.
A playable Catwoman character.
Expanded melee combat play.
Signature Batman stealth.
Top Customer Reviews
So, how much more can such an already amazing game offer us if given a sequel? Apparently, a whole lot more.
If you can believe it, the intro to Arkham City is even better and more pulse-pounding than the intro to the first. You start off, not as Batman, but as Bruce Wayne, who is lobbying against Arkham City. I won't give anything away about what soon happens to our seemingly mild-mannered aristocrat, but I will say this...laying the beat down on some thugs as the boy-billionaire is one of coolest experiences I've had in gaming.
Soon afterwards, you suit up. Now you are Batman, but this isn't a self-contained island you're dealing with anymore. This is a no man's land. Pouncing on an unsuspecting group of baddies isn't as simple as it used to be; there are always more goons lurking around the corners, ready to jump into the fray like a vicious pack of wolves. More than once you'll find yourself overwhelmed and having to flee a fight while the stinging insults of said goons follow in your wake. Take my advice and just let it go. Survival is the name of the game.
If you've been watching Youtube then you've no doubt seen Batman's new flight mechanics.Read more ›
The one major downside to Arkham Asylum to me was the need to almost constantly use the X-ray vision mode to see where thugs were lurking around corners in order to plan stealth attacks in relatively small spaces. This time around, the city environment allows for much greater movement, and the lighting makes it easy to see enemies without going to X-ray mode, while still keeping a dark atmosphere. Strategy is still needed since some of the bad guys carry guns, but I no longer feel like I'm playing the role of a ninja, taking out one guy and scurrying back into the shadows. It's very cool to look to the sky and see the bat-signal indicating the direction of your current primary objective.
The number of melee attacks you can unlock is so extensive it felt overwhelming at first. Fortunately you have the option to have a prompt come up at the bottom of the screen when your combo meter is high enough to use advanced attacks. The more sophisticated and varied your fighting style, the more XP points you get to unlock more abilities and upgrade your armor.
Then there are the hundreds of Riddler trophies to obtain. Some are merely hidden from sight, while others are in plain view but require solving a puzzle to free them for collection. There is even a device that involves chaining letters together to form words to solve some of the riddles. There are also various challenges like gliding a certain distance, performing certain attacks successfully, and destroying Joker teeth, each of which awards a Riddler trophy.Read more ›
This game is hands down amazing! There are no other words to describe it. From start to finish I was fully immersed into the story and gameplay. So what exactly makes this game so awesome you might ask. Well, let me elaborate a bit about the key features that really drew me in. The new combat moves are sick! I felt like a champ owning the cpu's in Arkham Asylum, now, In Arkham City, Im feeling like a boss tearing through these guys like a martial arts virtuoso. In short, you are going to have a lot of fun with this. Now, on to the storyline and gameplay. This is probably the most important feature of the game and it does not disappoint. Nowadays, most games rely on great looking graphics to fill the gap that the horrible story creates. Luckily, that is not the case for Arkham City. In this game, it seems as if both awesome graphics and amazing storyline coexist creating this single player masterpiece. I think that future developers should take note of this, and use it in upcoming titles. During the game, I found little to no dull spots. There was always something keeping my attention, which is great. There was also very little repetition, so you cant really get bored of the same thing recurring. The last thing I'd like to talk about is the dialogue. Your probably thinking, how is that important? Well, Its something you really cant tell is good, until its gone. I have had many instances with other games where the dialogue was so bad, that it threw off my entire gaming experience. As you might have guessed, Arkham City excels in this area as well. The voice acting was executed superbly and was like music to my ears hearing realistic responses and arguments.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the game is hard and fustrating i am tited of it and now protocal 10 more difficulty the game is not fun ps3 sucksPublished 7 days ago by geoffrey
When i received this item , I open the package and then this game...their was no disc inside...Published 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
I son plays this all the time. He like all the add-on from PS-3 store. Works like new.Published 2 months ago by Hardcore
Obviously if you don't like comics or batman, this isn't for you. But for those of us who do, oooooooohhh. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
My fans is batman and good game and Months after the conclusion of Arkham Asylum, the inmates and the asylum's nefarious denizens have been deported to a sectioned-off area,... Read morePublished 3 months ago by TrueBlue1982