Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (The Original Uncut Version)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The greatest villain of all comes out of the past to threaten Batman, Bruce Wayne and all of Gotham City in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, the first feature-length Batman Beyond movie. The sleeker, deadlier and seemingly immortal Clown Prince of Crime is back with his own unique brand of havoc and mayhem. While trying to uncover the Joker's secrets, the new Batman, Terry McGinnis, discovers the greatest mystery in the life of the original Caped Crusader: What happened the night he fought the Joker for the last time. When Bruce Wayne is almost killed in one of the Joker's latest attacks, Batman vows to avenge his mentor and put the Joker to rest forever. Get ready for heart-stomping action, awesome adventure and amazing revelations in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
- Commentary by the filmmakers
- Behind-the-scenes documentary
- Deleted scenes
- Animation tests
- Music video "Crash"
- Animated character bios
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Very exploratory of the happenings of the second Robin in the series, Tim Drake (as Jason Todd was never introduced in the show) who was apparently apprehended by The Joker and then brutally tortured and broken to obey his whim, taking on his persona and laugh, notably. This part of the movie was quite lengthy, leading me to believe that it was meant to actually be aired in the series at some point before its cancellation. It deals with some pretty dark stuff, so I'm not entirely sure that it would have seen daytime television anyways.
If you enjoy Batman Beyond (as I do; Terry Mcginnis is alright in my book) you should enjoy this side-story. Plenty of action and Mark Hamil donning the Joker voice once again, so if we have any purists reading this, you'll be glad to know that. Otherwise, short of the interlude where Barbara explains what happened to Robin, there's not much here for the Batman canon-philes. At face value, there's probably not much for someone not interested in the Beyond mythos to enjoy.
Dark, witty, taut and chilling, this is a must-see 'Batman'.
- Highly emotional, like a good Batman movie should be.
- Tells part of the intermediate story between Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond.
- It's the Director's Cut, with the original, more violent scenes left in, not the toned-down edited version.
- Blu-Ray quality is much better than the DVD.
I already had this movie on DVD, but I was never pleased with the video quality. The Widescreen version of the DVD was basically just the Fullscreen version with black bars added at the top and bottom.
When I got the Blu-Ray version, I mistakenly believed that this fullscreen version had cropped some of the picture. It hadn't; it preserves the entire picture in its original fullscreen format, with much better quality than the DVD.
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 4-for-3 DVD
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > DC Comics Collection
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV