Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (The Original Uncut Version)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Commentary by the filmmakers
- Behind-the-scenes documentary
- Deleted scenes
- Animation tests
- Music video "Crash"
- Animated character bios
Top Customer Reviews
1) The bluray version is UNEDITED. It contains all the scenes removed from the edited version including both shootings and all blood that was removed from the original release.
2) The bluray version is full frame because that is how the movie was originally animated. If you want widescreen use the zoom feature on your TV or bluray player and you'll have the exact widescreen animation as the previous unedited release. The issue is that the movie was originally animated for television, so it was animated 4:3. However the producers thought ahead to the rise of widescreen TVs so they blocked the animation to work in widescreen as well. When you zoom the picture on the 4:3 to fill a 16:9 screen with whatever function your TV has for "widescreen fit" or "fit zoom" or "smart zoom" you are not losing any actual animation, you're just removing extra space above and below the frame the animators originally included for TV broadcast. Again, IF YOU ZOOM IN IT'S THE EXACT SAME PICTURE AS YOU'D HAVE ON THE ORIGINAL WIDESCREEN RELEASE.
3) This is a true 1080p HD transfer, no upscaling. WB did an absolutely brilliant job and the movie has never looked better.
I didn't know it at the time but the version of Return of the Joker i had watched was in fact the edited version. After hearing of the uncut version, I purchased the american DVD to discover what had been edited out. After watching the Uncut version, I immediatly discovered that this was more faithful to the Batman legend than the edited version of the film. The final battle between the Joker and Bruce Wayne is a lot more darker in this version, and how the Joker dies in this version is a lot more appropriate and makes Tim Drake's guilt a lot more understandable and convincing.
This is where Terry McGinnis (the future Batman) truly shines. He ultimately proves to his critics and his peers that he is worthy of the Dark Knight persona. He handles the situation with the Joker very seriously and proves once and for all that he IS Batman.
This movie portays the Joker at his absolute deadliest and once again proves how dark and sinister he is. The Joker has always been the most haunting figure in Bruce Wayne's life, and he certainly doesn't hold back in tormenting his arch-foe even more in this!Read more ›
This movie begins with the Jokerz attempting to steal a high-tech machine, but their efforts are thwarted by Batman. It turns out that the Jokerz have a new leader, a man who claims to be the original Joker (Mark Hamill) from the "cape and cowl days". He looks and sounds exactly like the old Joker, but more importantly, he THINKS just like the Joker, meaning that he is a psychopathic genius.
When the Joker first reveals himself to the Batman duo, Wayne is very reluctant to give Terry any information that can help explain how the Joker might have returned, and he tells McGinnis to leave and that his days as Batman are over. Upon questioning Barbara Gordon (Angie Harmon/Tara Strong), the former Batgirl and daughter of Commisioner James Gordon, who is now commisioner herself, Terry learns of a horrible incident in the past involving the Joker, Harley Quinn (Arleen Sorkin), and Robin #2 Tim Drake (Dean Stockwell/Mathew Valencia) (Dick Grayson, the original Robin had left Gotham to become Nightwing).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best Batman stories ever told in films and comics. This film shows the differences between Bruce and Tary in the way they deal and view the Joker. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Andres Otero
I havent purchased this yet but is this the uncut version or the version that has joker getting electrocuted because I loved the edited version better in my opinionPublished 17 days ago by cruz Lopez
This movie is 200 dollars for a brand new copy of the Bluray. WTF!!!!!! This is insane!!!!.There is no reason whatsoever that this should cost that much money. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Danchuro
Despite sounding more like a gimmick than concept, 'Batman Beyond' proved to be an exciting, thoughtful and authentic extension of the Dark Knight mythos. Read morePublished 1 month ago by PJ Arts
fantastic movie. I don't know why WB isn't using this concept and writing to try to make some of that Spiderman kind of money in the theaters. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andrew
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 4-for-3 DVD
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > DC Comics Collection
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV