Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Batman: The Complete Television Series (Limited Ed...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 67% off the $269.97 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Batman: The Complete Television Series (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
TV's iconic Dynamic Duo has been captured, along with a legion of abominable archenemies in a POW-erful numbered limited-edition collection. Featuring ALL 120 original broadcast episodes, ever popular guest stars like Julie Newmar and Cesar Romero, The Adam West Scrapbook, complete episode guide — and exploding with over 3 hours of all new extras — you can bring home all the crime fighting action that won generations of fans!
· ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered In HD
· Highly Collectible Premiums
Hot Wheels® Replica Batmobile
The Adam West Scrapbook
44 Vintage Trading Cards
Ultraviolet Digital Copy
32-Page Complete Episode Guide
· OVER 3 Hours Of ALL NEW Extras:
o Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West
o Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors
o Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.
o Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.
o Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes
o Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories
Top Customer Reviews
But, I'm happy to report that Warner Brothers really spent the money and gave us fans the (mostly) definitive version of the series! It looks absolutely fantastic, and for hardcore fans of the Adam West's Batman, please read on.
Ever since this set was announced, many fans were wondering what it would contain. And while Amazon's description includes some of the details, it doesn't really get into the finer points.
Here's a list of what harcore fans of the series might care about:
1. Yes, the Batgirl presentation reel/pilot IS included! (This is the short, 10-minute film that was made to introduce the character to the network brass.). The picture quality of this film is not as good as the main series (with scratches and slightly faded color), but it looks better than what we've seen before, and it's uncut.
2. The set also includes the test reels with Adam West and Burt Ward, as well as the film of Burt doing falls/breaking boards with his hand. The picture quality of these films is quite good.
3. The two songs by Leslie Gore, and the two songs by Chad & Jeremy are where they should be in their respective episodes.
4. The episodes begin with the proper "in color" bumpers, and they conclude with the original 1960's 20th Century Fox Television logo.
5. The first episode is sans the "in color" bumper (which seems to be correct for that episode), and its weird out-of-synch sound effects during the opening credits are all there, just like they're supposed to be!Read more ›
Here's an update on the set after actual delivery:
The Blu-ray completely lives up to the picture quality shown at Comic-Con. Colors pop off the screen, the image is sharp with no annoying noise or grain, even in dark scenes. For example, you can make out when Batman needs a shave, the natural grain in Batman's cowl, even the ragged threads of Batman's cape. For the first time, I noticed that Batman's "ears" are a different color than most of his cowl. Simply amazing.
Because the original show was not wide screen, on modern HDTVs, you can expect black bars on the side of your screen.
The seasons are individually-cased, and each season has disks that are color-coded, so you won't accidentally mix up the disks. Special features are on the last disk in the Season 3 set.
I can also confirm that the "Batgirl Pilot" is included in the special features, under the section entitled "Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault".Read more ›
...you'll understand the frustrating yet compelling truth of the delay that mentions the thousands upon thousands of personal dollars a person spent in an effort to see this release. Otherwise, neither 20th nor DC/WB would have budged, and this page wouldn't exist for you brats to whine ceaselessly. Now, on to an actual review of the set.
I started with season one disc one, and from that first scene in Moldavia, I could not believe how rich, deep, and clear the colors, the sharpness of detail and the great labor taken to restore this to such high quality. Even the stock footage used in episodes appears fresh and pristine. All subsequent episodes viewed (from various seasons) maintain the same standard of exceptional color, clarity, and sharpness. A lot of love went into this set, clearly (the audio has also been meticulously restored as best as possible considering the time and original source).
As for extras, they've left no stone unturned, with each featurette possessing substance and great information as opposed to lesser offerings from other series. Adam West's memories, presented through a fantastic scrapbook as well as generous interviews, audio commentaries, etc., show his abiding appreciation for the show, and as a fan, I'm so pleased he's still around to see this set and the happiness it will bring to generations of fans.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a birthday gift and my son loved it. It was delivered quickly and the price was right!Published 3 days ago by Mary R. Gow
This was really great to watch again. A little cheesy, but you know what to expect if you are a 60's and 70's child.Published 5 days ago by Ernesto A. Bustillo
Great collection, everything you would hope for as a fan with one exception. The digital HD playback is not supported by Flixster, meaning that being able to watch the series... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Hush
Let it be known that the digital copy redemption code is for UltraViolet/Flixster only and NOT iTunes. Read morePublished 13 days ago by BP
If you love the old Batman, this is fantastic. I wish they had more behind the scenes, but it's still great to see all of the original episodes including the original pilot and... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Patrick Foley
NaNaNaNaNaNaNa Na Na BATMAN!! What else is there to say!? Campy, hammy, but Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, Burgess Meridith as the Penguin Frank Gorshin as the Riddler & Cesar Romeo as... Read morePublished 26 days ago by Christine Nathan
I just had to add this set to my collection because I loved it as a kid.Published 1 month ago by Henry
All of the 60s Batman episodes in one nice package. A bit pricey, so wait until it is on sale. It will be worth it.Published 1 month ago by Jeremy Weissenburger
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV