|Fits as expected||
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Hand Wash w/ Damp Cloth.
- Latex, Overhead, Full Face Mask With Cowl
- Turns you from mild-mannered to ready to battle super-villains in the time it takes to slide down the bat-pole
- Officially licensed mask from the dark knight movie
- Between wearings, stuff paper in mask to help it retain its shape
- Made In China
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Includes: Mask. One size fits most adults. This is an officially licensed Batman accessory.
This is a form fitting soft pliable latex mask made to fit an adult. Right from the newest movie in the Batman Series " Batman The Dark Knight". It is licensed, tagged and stamped " TM DC Comics Warner Bros Entertainment Inc ". This is sure to be a valuable addition to your Batman Collection. Made by Rubies Costume Company.
- Package Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003O86NI8
- Item model number: 4507
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 27, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
I grew up on the Animated Series, Beyond and the Justice League series of Batman, not so much the comics, but I know his lore well enough.
This Dark Knight latex mask is more than perfect for the price. The neck does not come down into the shoulders as the pic shows though, just the neck/clavicle region and it tapers to a point in the back.
Even though TDK wasn't my absolute favorite interpretation of Batman, there is no denying how awesome you feel while wearing this mask. Perfect for cos-players on a budget or fans of The Dark Knight (both character and film).
There are only a few nit-picks with this mask.
1. This is definitely more like the Batman Begins mask, than the sequels (The Dark Knight, The Dark Night Rises). So the name is a bit misleading, but who cares?! It's still undeniably Batman.
2. Because it is a latex mask, there are some strange folds in the rubber. Nothing good support and a blow dryer can't fix though.
3. The ears are hollow. You'll need to stuff them with something for them to keep their shape. I'm currently using pieces of a foam camping pad cut to the shape of the ears, but I plan on filling them with expanding foam.
4. The back doesn't line up perfectly. As I said, it tapers to a point in the back, with a split down the middle so you can get it on and off. Rubie's has also sewn in two velcro (hook and loop) sections so the mask closes. The only issue I have with that, is that the two points don't meet at the bottom as they should. But That's a moot issue as it is the back of the mask.
5. The details are a bit on the soft side. Not as pronounced as the image looks, but that could just be clever studio lighting.
OVERALL, I love this cowl. If anything ever happens to it, I'll more than happily spend my money with Rubie's again.
I wore this for probably about 4 hours. And let me tell you, just a hour of wearing this, I was dying to take it off. My ears hurt, and I sweat a lot in it (It all drained to the nose piece.) This mask is more meant for a large head, if your not fat (Unless there isn't much fat on your face and neck). It fit almost right on me. Its just not comfortable to wear longer then a half hour, unless you have a slightly smaller head, then at least it won't be so tight and uncomfortable.
Now the GOOFS of the mask.
- One eye hole is clearly bigger then the other
- The mouth hole part is noticably uneven. By this I mean it looks 1.5 inches on one side, and 1 inch on the other side of the nose
- Due to how its shipped, some parts of the rubber may curl inwards, or take a shape you can't fix without doing lot of heavy tweaking. For me a corner of a eye hole curled inwards, and it was noticeable, and it scraped on your eyebrow. It was annoying. I recommend you fill the mask with tissue or paper, so it doesn't lay squished.
-The trimming on the eye hole and mouth hole was pretty sloppy, I had to use a razer blade and evenly trim the edges. It looked like it was rushed. Be careful though, with one eye hole bigger then the other, it can make it look even more weird if you cut too much off by mistake.
- The Velcrow may need some additional glue. parts of mine weren't..
Also, you may have to stuff the ears with tissue, so they stay in shape. Easy enough.
Its also not shaped like the picture, the bottom portion that would go under your clothes (Recommended), there isn't as much show in the picture. Its pretty much just the neck park. Doesn't go much farther then that. The back piece goes farther back some like a V.
All in all, Its a pretty good mask for the price. Its not perfect, but its pretty damn decent. When I had everything on, I looked just like batman. Pretty awesome. Just remember not to wear it for long periods. Actually wish there were vents in this, so it can breath.
However if your looking for a perfect mask, this isn't quite it. There are visible mistakes, some fixable, some not.
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!
I purchased this latex mask in 2010 to replace the mask that came with the The Dark Knight Batman Deluxe Muscle Chest Costume. Both that costume and this latex mask are made by Rubie's. But the head mask that came with the costume looked really cheesy and cheap, whereas this latex mask looks far more authentically like Batman.
As with any face mask, you may need to make some minor adjustments to the eye holes and nose to fit your particular face. I stuffed some foam into the ears to help them keep their shape. Wearing this mask will totally cover your ears, so your hearing will be muffled, although you will be able to hear most sounds and carry on conversations with people. Because this mask is made of thick latex, it will feel very warm if you wear it for many hours, especially if you are moving around a lot or dancing in your Batman costume. But it does not feel as warm if you are just walking around outside on a chilly night. This is the best Batman mask on the market. Highly recommended!
It was a little big, as some of the other reviews have stated,and I was worried, as I have a much smaller head than most. (I'm 5'5, 110 lbs) but I was able to find padding strips with adhesive on one side, and lined the mask with it on the inside to push it against my face, and it now fits like a second skin and is extremely tight once secured in back.
Over all, I am happy with this product, and am looking forward to using it this halloween season.