|Fits as expected||
- Molded Rubber
- Latex, Overhead, Full Face Mask With Cowl
- Turns you from mild-mannered to ready to battle super-villains in the time it takes to slide down the bat-pole
- Officially licensed mask from the dark knight movie
- Between wearings, stuff paper in mask to help it retain its shape
- Made In China
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
+ $1.99 shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You could do it like Bruce Wayne and have 10,000 masks made up to specification as to not arouse suspicion, but we can do you a solid and keep your secret if you get a Batman mask from us. This one is modeled after the one seen in Batman Begins, so you'll be kicking Falcone butt in no time and they'll have no idea about who you really are behind the mask. - Mask
This is a form fitting soft pliable latex mask made to fit an adult. Right from the newest movie in the Batman Series " Batman The Dark Knight". It is licensed, tagged and stamped " TM DC Comics Warner Bros Entertainment Inc ". This is sure to be a valuable addition to your Batman Collection. Made by Rubies Costume Company.
- Package Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.02 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003O86NI8
- Item model number: 4507
- Date first listed on Amazon: August 27, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I grew up on the Animated Series, Beyond and the Justice League series of Batman, not so much the comics, but I know his lore well enough.
This Dark Knight latex mask is more than perfect for the price. The neck does not come down into the shoulders as the pic shows though, just the neck/clavicle region and it tapers to a point in the back.
Even though TDK wasn't my absolute favorite interpretation of Batman, there is no denying how awesome you feel while wearing this mask. Perfect for cos-players on a budget or fans of The Dark Knight (both character and film).
There are only a few nit-picks with this mask.
1. This is definitely more like the Batman Begins mask, than the sequels (The Dark Knight, The Dark Night Rises). So the name is a bit misleading, but who cares?! It's still undeniably Batman.
2. Because it is a latex mask, there are some strange folds in the rubber. Nothing good support and a blow dryer can't fix though.
3. The ears are hollow. You'll need to stuff them with something for them to keep their shape. I'm currently using pieces of a foam camping pad cut to the shape of the ears, but I plan on filling them with expanding foam.
4. The back doesn't line up perfectly. As I said, it tapers to a point in the back, with a split down the middle so you can get it on and off. Rubie's has also sewn in two velcro (hook and loop) sections so the mask closes. The only issue I have with that, is that the two points don't meet at the bottom as they should. But That's a moot issue as it is the back of the mask.
5. The details are a bit on the soft side. Not as pronounced as the image looks, but that could just be clever studio lighting.
OVERALL, I love this cowl. If anything ever happens to it, I'll more than happily spend my money with Rubie's again.
And last, they fold the mask and put inside an envelope, so, it comes with folds and creases that I will have to find a way to fix.
All it would take was some more care or quality control to get a 5 star and really good comments.
In case you scrape this mask against a painted wall and paint gets stuck in the latex, don't start to scrub it out. Just use a bit of soap and water and lightly wipe it out. Try some oil too, but don't go for an eraser and scrape it off.
Finally, the back velcro head hole rips a bit at the top with moderate use. Put some electrical tape around it if the tear grows.