Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on May 6, 2014
Original Review (6 May 2014):With as cheap as this set is, I didn't have high hopes. I expected to get a few uses out of it, and that was about it. However, when we opened the sets (we bought one for each boy) I was pleasantly surprised.

The mask has some foam around the eyes to make it comfortable to wear, and it fits my face perfectly, but scales really well to fit a two and three year old face just as well.

The cape is a super light, thin material, almost too thin, but I think it should hold up decently. It's light enough that it flows behind the boys as they run around screaming "I'm BATMAN!". And it flows in that perfect batman flutter. On my 3 year old, the cape has about two inches on the ground - the perfect length for Batman's cape in my opinion. The two year old is a tiny peanut, so there's a lot more there, but it's light enough that it flutters as he walks rather than tripping him up. I hope these will last long enough to watch them grow into them.

The batarangs were the most pleasant surprise. I was expecting hard plastic that I would need to hide from toddlers asap. However, they're foam! Not even styrofoam. They're flimsier than a pool noddle, while still feeling like they won't fall apart at the first attack of the toddler. I've handed them over to the destructors and we'll see how long they last.

As I said, we are very pleasantly surprised.

Update: 10 Nov 2015: Well, the batarangs finally bit the dust when the boys' little sister finally got her teeth on them. Teething toddler not good for batarangs. However! They lasted a LOT longer than expected. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat! The masks have lost their eye foam, but the kids still wear them, and the capes are still in perfect condition despite being worn for over a year.
on November 1, 2015
We got this for my son to wear for Storytime Day at his school, where they get to dress as a character in their favorite book. It was perfect because he could wear it with his school uniform without feeling like he wasn't 'in character' enough.
He's 5 years old and the cape fit great. We didn't have any issues with snagging, which is surprising since he wore it the day we got it, as well as to school the entire day, including while on the bus, and has been wearing it around the house since then. It attached with Velcro, so there's no ties to come undone.
The mask is perfect for smaller heads. It has some light foam around the eyeholes on the inside, so it doesn't poke the kids during play. The elastic band that goes around the back of their head also attaches by Velcro.
The Batarangs that come with it are a very soft foamy material - think like the old nerf footballs - so they don't hurt when he throws them at his siblings (which he's done several times) nor will they break anything on shelves.
review image review image
on April 15, 2016
My son loves this, he wears it out all the time. The cape is big/long. Which is what he prefers. He's 4 but tall for his age, but it still drags on the floor a bit, which is exactly what i was looking for. He refuses to wear a cape unless it's big enough he can extend his arms while he's holding it so he can pretend he's flying like batman does. So thank you, it was perfect.
on December 21, 2015
My 6 year old grandson LOVED this so much he wore it at our Christmas party....all day. And when he didn't have it on, he dressed his animals with it! BIG HIT
on December 8, 2015
Great price for this set. The mask is high quality and as some other reviewers stated, the cape is long. I would not recommend this for toddlers as it is child sized. I bought his for my 4 year old (soon to be 5) and I just trimmed the bottom by following the same curve and cut that it came with. The material doesn't fray so it's not a big deal to cut it. Cute and definitely worth the price. My son used this as a Halloween costume but now it's in the dress up box.
on January 18, 2016
This is so adorable! Made very well. Bought it for my 3 year old and he loves it. The cape was a little long but I figured it would be because its made for older kids but the mask fits great, Really nice sturdy plastic with foam on the inside around the eyes for comfort. Great for all of the Batman fans for parties and Halloween or for those like my son that wear it all the time!
review image
on August 29, 2014
My 6 year old grandson loves this mask and cape set! The set is worth the price. Both items are good quality and the mask fits a variety of sizes and can be adjusted to fit. My grandson is of average height and the cape hits him at about mid calf and is a perfect length for "crime fighting".
I would recommend this for any little super hero!
on November 22, 2016
I liked the mask a lot and it fit my 6 year old daughter nicely. I added a little yellow and black bow at the ear to make it batgirl-y. The cape could be wider, it doesn't really stay on the shoulders and is kind of thin.
review image
on December 25, 2012
We just gave this to our 3-year-old for Christmas and he has hardly taken it off all day. I was concerned about the fit of the mask, but it seems to fit well. Our son is easily the size of a kindergartner, so it may be a bit loose on a smaller child. The cape fits well. It does not really stay over his shoulders, but he does not care. It closes with velcro. I was also a bit concerned with the batarangs and imagined them being thrown about and hurting someone. They are a nice, soft foam, though, and will not cause any injuries. Great item, especially for the price.
on November 25, 2012
My 4 year old got this for his birthday and he loves it. He is a big Batman fan. It is good quality for the price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question