BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Batman: The Movie [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on November 6, 2015
I want to start out by saying I am an adult female fan. I have loved Batman as long as I can remember. I bought the Blu Ray when Amazon had it on sale for $8.99

While waiting on it to arrive I watched some clips on YouTube. Every clip I saw I was laughing. The last time I watched this movie I was a kid. My mom bought me the VHS when I was a kid. As a kid it wasn't corny. The trailer had me laughing the entire time. Poor Burt Ward had the corniest lines in the trailer.

Spoiler
Even the date Bruce & Catwoman went on was so corny it was funny. Bruce was a bit dramatic sounding on the date.
End of Spoiler

I do wish Julie Newmar had been Catwoman. Lee Meriwether did a great job but she's no Julie Newmar.

I think the movie is way more corny than the tv show. While I think Adam West is a great Batman he is no Michael Keaton. Ever since I was kid my favorite Batman actor is Michael Keaton. He will always be my favorite Batman.

I could not believe it when I read in a magazine that had a section dedicated to Batman that Bob Kane's favorite Batman is Val Kilmer. I honestly don't see how he thinks Val Kilmer is the best Batman. My two favorite Batman actors are Michael Keaton & Adam West. I like Christian Bale much better than Val Kilmer & George Clooney.

I was sad to read in that magazine that Michael was offered the Batman role in Batman Forever and he turned it down. I can understand him being sick of playing Batman since he played Batman twice. I still wish he had played the role for his fans.

Batman The Movie in my opinion is still a great movie despite the corny lines. Considering it was made in the late 60s the technology and special effects were good. My first two favorite movies are the two Michael Keaton movies then this one.

I ended up buying the Blu Ray since for some reason the regular DVD is no longer available. The regular DVD is $15+ on eBay and they are used. I found it was for once cheaper to buy the Blu Ray version. Amazon very briefly had it at $8.99 and I just couldn't pass up that great price.
on January 9, 2017
I always liked the Batman TV show and I think it was a very smart move to make this movie with the 4 most known villains. Each one had nice parts. I've always liked the Riddler's laugh and the Joker's as well. I sure wished that Julie Newmar had been in the role of Catwoman. There's no other Catwoman like Julie Newmar. All in all the movie has it's laughs and great moments. This movie is a must have for all Batman fans of the 60's.
on March 4, 2017
A slice of my childhood. :) Campy, silly, and a bit judgmental. Not big on the message, but that's not why we watched it. My seven-year-old son thought it hilarious.
on May 2, 2016
Nothing like my childhood coming back to hit me in the face. Growing up I had this on VHS, so being able to watch it on Amazon was just nostalgic for me. This batman movie was always my favorite, I loved how they grouped up minor villains to work together, and I feel all the characters roles were perfect to the actors playing them. The comic book an notions were great and left me slightly giggling. Watching this brings me to a closing thought; I really need to rebuy this again one day as a hardcopy. I no longer own my VHS. Great movie!
For the nostalgia only really. I doubt anyone younger than 40 could appreciate this one, but for those who grew up watching it on TV, you can still get into it. Terrible effects, groaner jokes, but an earnestness that can still be fun. The old batmobile was indeed pretty cool.

Let's call this one WAY below the greats in terms of Batman movies (like the Chris Nolan Dark Knight trio) but probably a few steps above George Clooney and the nipple batsuit.
on May 9, 2017
This is great fun! I loved this show when I was a kid and had seen the movie years ago, so had forgotten just how funny it was. The interviews with Adam West and Burt Ward were great, too.
on October 22, 2015
Almost all the fun of the Batman TV Show without the commercials (sadly, no Batgirl)!

Take the entire regular cast of the TV Show, add in the best villains, stir in a romance between Bruce Wayne and Catwoman with a heavy dose of camp and you have Batman: The Movie (1966).

***Spoilers May Occur Below***

When the Joker (Ceasar Romero), Penguin (Burgess Meredith), the Riddler (Frank Gorshin) and Catwoman (Lee Meriwether) join forces to steal a device that will dehydrate anything in order to kidnap the entire United World Central Committee, you know that only Batman and Robin can save the day! Not only do B&R get outwitted a few times, but Bruce Wayne falls for (and almost converts) Catwoman (disguised as Kitka). The regular hi-jinks occurs ending with, you guessed it, Batman and Robin saving the day and the world in the end--even though we do find out that Batman is not perfect in the final return of the Central Committee.

Whip out the buttered popcorn, get that giant slurpee, sugar yourself up with a large movie-sized Raisinettes and Milk Duds and lay back in your easy chair to remember what it was like to go to the movies or watch Batman on the daily serialized TV Show. Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
on December 2, 2016
Classic American production, what a great view. I would advise anyone to show the new generation this masterpiece. It reminds me of watermelon Sundays and hot summer nights when my heart was young and gay. Adam West the majestic somber faced master, with his devoted Burt Ward rallying as the perfect foil parrying and cavorting through the majestic sets of a magnificent bygone era.
This movie represented the zenith of entertainment on this planet.
The only series to go near it, was the Star Trek original with Captain Kirk, and the crew of the good ship enterprise, reward yourself and buy this, then purchase the box set of the complete series. I have not opened my set yet, I am still savoring the bouquet of the the haunting memories that linger within my soul.
on July 10, 2017
My 3 yr old son loves this movie. He says he wants to watch the "real" Batman and wont tolerate the cartoons, lol. They just recently removed it from Netflix, so I purchased it for him here. Some of the dialogue makes your eyes roll waaay back, but it was meant to be based on the comics and the humor at the time doesn't pass to well now, but its still watchable. I didnt have the heart to tell him that Adam West isn't around anymore, I'm just gonna let him idolize him for now. Great movie, great guy.
on January 29, 2017
The classic Batman movie on Blu Ray. Just as good as it was when you were a kid, just in HD!