Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Blue|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,004 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,130 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I have owned this product for about two years, so having lived with it for a while I'll give you the good and the bad.

I got this for my son when he was 3 for Christmas. He could not put it together by himself, but he could use the drill when he was directed. Now he's 4.5 and he can put more of it together on his own but still needs some help. I find myself having to think through how to put it together. The bottom of the plane is a bit more tricky because of the order of the wings and the wheels and how it comes up through the top. It's a bit of trial and error if the screw is supposed to come up through the bottom or the top.

One other issue I have with it is all the pieces it comes with. I know, it states there are 25 pieces, but think about keeping track of all 25 pieces. There are the screws, the pieces to the plane, the drill bits and the drill. Trying to keep it all together with the way my kids play can be a bit of a challenge. At 4.5 and 2.5, they are not the best at putting all the pieces back where they found them or back where they belong. I recommend storing this in one bin or basket to try to keep it all together - because if you lose one screw, you won't be able to put it all together. It does not come with any extras.

Overall, I like the problem-solving aspect of it and having your child think through the steps. And they like being able to use a drill to put it all together. If your child gets frustrated easily though, just be prepared to help them or face a meltdown!
on March 14, 2015
This is the coolest toy that you can grow in to. My 2.5 yr old even enjoys it and plays with it a lot. Even though he can't put everything together on his own, it's fun to do with him. By himself, he plays with the working drill, and can figure out how to drill the screws in, and likes to play with the toy in one piece.
on July 29, 2013
My 3 year old is having a lot of fun assembling and disassembling the airplane. I like that it keeps him active and focused, unlike other toys. Right now, I am having to assist him. I expect him to get the hang of it as time goes on. Highly recommend it.
on February 3, 2015
This would be pretty great if the drill actually worked right. When you slide the button to change direction, it doesn't work... so basically you can remove the screws.
on November 3, 2014
Daemon loves it. However, it is too difficult for him to put it back together and the drill only goes one direction. So, that is why it is called a Take-Apart plane! ;)
on September 28, 2013
he really liked it (turned 4) he liked putting it together with the little drill took about 5-10 min to put together!! very easy.. takes 2 AA batteries :)
on January 2, 2015
ok even thought battery operated tool does not work as good as advertised, puts hardware(plastic ware) on, but won't remove it
on February 28, 2017
One more plastic toy that litters little plastic parts all over the place. I was always frantically looking for the loose screws because we also had a two year old younger child at the time that would have easily choked on them. Our older child (3 1/2 at the time) never really put this together, he just liked playing with the drill (pulling the trigger so the bit spins and it makes the noise), I don't think a toddler or even four year old has the dexterity to put this together without adult supervision. The screws mostly got lost over time so now this toy will end up in the landfill to sit for thousands of years....ugh.
on April 15, 2014
Great gift idea for a little five year old boy. This was the first thing he wanted to play with among many other gifts
on February 19, 2015
My grandson loves this toy. The drill is great, too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.