Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 611 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 713 reviews
on March 8, 2016
Do you have or know a kid that takes things apart? If you answered yes, then this is for them. I have a three year old that loves to take his toys apart and sometimes destructive in doing so. He will manage to find a screwdriver in the house and take apart some his toys quietly in a corner hoping I don't notice.

This toy is a perfect way to cultivate their curiosity and fine motor skills. The biplane comes partially assembled. It's nice that the box stays in tact after you open it up so you can use it to store the parts. The drill uses very common AA batteries, which makes powering this toy fairly easy. If you don't have the batteries you can still use the pieces like manual tools or even simply use your hands. The plastic is thick enough to be durable for the little ones. This is not recommended for infants since the bolts can be choking hazards.

When I showed my son the plane he was so excited. He couldn't wait to open it up. The instructions were clear. It wasn't long after we put the batteries in the drill that this neat little biplane to was assembled. He rolled it on the floor a few times and pretended it was flying. After a few minutes he was ready to take it part and put it back together again. He did the over and over for about an hour. This, coming from a kid that can't sit still on his own unless he is thoroughly entertained. This seems to do that for him. The next day he wanted to take it to his grandma's house to "show" her how to put it together. He said "Watch and pay attention Lola!"

This toy helps him learn how to use tools, puzzling pieces together, and cleanup after he plays with it. We actually lost one of the bolts for a whole 30 minutes! Good thing we found it or I would have been trying to figure out how to get extra pieces delivered right away. This company does make other toys like this one and we plan on adding to the collection. I highly recommend this to anyone who knows a curious young kid. This will surely tickle his mind. I hope this helps you make a more informed decision. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.
review image review image review image review image
on October 27, 2015
Our three year old son loves this crane. He loves building it and taking it apart, as well as just playing with it. The tools are easy for him to use on his own. And, he has caught on to how he needs to build it/take it apart on his own. I especially like that the truck and crane are separate so if he wants an easy build one day to just put together the tires and crane, he can do that. Or, if he wants a more challenging day, he can take everything apart and put it back together again.
on February 9, 2015
Bought this for my grandson's 4th birthday. It arrived all in tack in a very nice storage box which with care, can easily be reused to store. The power screwdriver needs AA batteries which you purchase separately. All boys love cars and putting this together and taking it apart, gives them the opportunity to play car mechanic. The screw driver turns both ways with a switch...one way to screw bolt in, the other to take it out, giving the child a more realistic play while at the same time, actually assembling it. This could also be considered a type puzzle since the car comes apart and requires assembly when first opened. I know he will love this and get hours of play.
.......To accompany this toy, I also purchased him a hardback book separately, "If I Built a Car"....a story of a little boy describing (in rhyme) if he were to build a car, what it would be like...very nice book with colorful artwork and love the rhyming which keeps child's attention.
on January 16, 2016
My boy loooooves this plane. It kept him entertained since he's one year old and now that he's two, he still loves to play with it. Unfortunately the drill doesn't work as good anymore. The motor works weak and sometimes gets stuck. But that was after several months, after we put it together and took it apart several times a day. I sometimes had to hide it, because my boy wanted to do nothing else anymore. Since he was only a year old when I got it, I had to help him a bit with the drilling. Maybe I'll get another one when he's a bit older and can play with it by himself. Totally worth the investment.
on January 16, 2017
***I give the team at Amazon a 5 out of 5 stars.*** Here's why. I ordered the toy for my son for Christmas and it arrived in a day and a half. When he opened it, he was overjoyed and that is priceless. However, there was a problem with the toy (I'll get to later), and I had to send it back. As soon as I clicked the return button I got a confirmation that the toy was on its way to my door. I got a day and a half later.

***I give the Toy a 4 out of 5***. My 3 year old loves to disassemble and reassemble the plane. The tools are just right for little hands, and the plane is simple enough for him to put together. There are interchangeable drill bits, and an electric drill. All the things you need to engage a child, and keep them happy. I was also happy that my son felt a sense of accomplishment after he put it together all by himself. However, the drill didn't work in the forward position, so my son had to use the drill bits sans the drill.

***I give Battat a 3 out of 5***. Battat, I love your toys, and how they inspire creativity in children. However, I received a plane with a non-functioning drill. I tried to call your customer service, and received a message that the call volume was too high and I'd have to go online. I don't mind going on line, but when I did fill out the form, no one got back to me. I hate returning things when I can easily get the part from you.
on June 20, 2016
I purchased this for my 2 year old nephew and he absolutely loves it! I put it all together and just gave him the plane but he could tell the bolts came out and was using everything to try to get them out. After watching him try and try to get the bolts off I finally have him the drill and showed him how to use it and that was that! Obviously at 2 he can't put it all together by himself, but he can with some help! He loves using the drill and knows how to make it go both ways to take it off and put the bolts back in. I hide the drill and give it to him when we have time to take it all apart and put it back together so we don't lose any pieces, but he plays with it all put together in the mean time! This was an amazing purchase!
on December 30, 2015
I originally bought this for my son last year for Christmas and he has loved it all year long. One of his favorite things about it is the "real working screwdriver". Keep a close eye on how you put it together--you might think you're missing a screw, but it reality you probably aren't. Originally my screwdriver stopped working, but by simply taking it apart and making sure the gears were line up properly it works just fine. It has taken a lot of abuse too (we're talking a two year old pushing the button and holding the spinning end so it doesn't spin abuse). This time around I purchased for a Christmas gift for my 5 year old nephew. He loves it too!! He went on and on about how much fun it was to have a real screwdriver and get to put the airplane together. Great toy!
on January 5, 2016
We have the airplane and my 4 year old really wanted another one. My wife and I decided on the crane over the car because it had more parts and might give her more to work on. It was a little more complex, but she was able to figure out how to do it with a little help. While the drill seems to work a little better from the first kit we had, it was what I was expecting it to be. I like these because it allows the child to actually put something together or take it apart. There isn't much room for variation, but it does allow for a sense of accomplishment when it's finished. Best of all is that they can play with it once it's finished. My daughter has been driving it around picking up her other small toys.
on March 26, 2017
A perfect grow-with-me toy, this is easy for small (2 year old) hands to work, great toy for parents to help little minds work out the construction of the plane, and a wonderful way for little ones to work on their fine motor skills. Older children (3+) will enjoy taking the wheels off as well as taking apart the larger pieces. I expect this to be in rotation for a few years.
on April 5, 2017
Kept a number of kids of ages 3 to 14 occupied. Well made and looks like it will hold up. Wish it had a sturdy box for all the parts when finished playing. The only issue I had was that the shipper slapped a shipping label directly on the box, and it was a gift. The box was scuffed and I couldn't peel all of the label off. If not for that, it would have been perfect, because the box is otherwise really nice, which helped with the presentation of the gift.