Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Battery Grip Kit for Canon Rebel T2i T3i T4i T5i Digital SLR Camera Includes Qty 2 Replacement LP-E8 Batteries + Vertical Battery Grip + More!!
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 29, 2013
I was completely worried when I ordered this grip. I had a Canon Rebel before with the true Canon battery grip and had heard horror stories of knock off battery grips... so I was hesitant to buy this but decided to give it a shot for the price difference.

I am completely impressed with this product. Not only is the grip built very well, but they include two batteries and a tray that allows you to use regular batteries should you need to in a pinch.

Great product. I'm glad I ordered this and saved a boat load of money.
on August 23, 2013
This is a great third-party battery grip at 1/4 of the price of the Canon-branded version. It has decent build quality and fits snugly. If it were built any more solidly, it might be unnecessarily heavy. The texture on the body matches my T4i's very closely. The buttons work well. The batteries also work well--much better than the stock ones.

The kit comes with two battery trays. One tray holds 1 or 2 LP-E8 batteries. It will work even if you only insert one battery. The other one holds several AA's, which is extremely useful in case you run out of power at an inopportune time. As for charging, I highly recommend getting the PhotoPro Dual Charger for use with this grip kit. There's no sense buying this without upgrading to a dual charger.

As compared with other versions, I just wish this one had a place to put the original battery lid from the camera.
on October 19, 2013
Bought this to extend my time lapses. With my T4i (Canon 650D) it functions great. I bought extra wasabi batteries and the included wall/car charger, and have already put it to use shooting astro-timelapses, as well as used it to shoot portraits and landscape photography. Really happy with the grip, and the feel.

Does what I wanted it to do, and have no gripes other than it adds weight and bulk. But....that was to be expected.

LOVE that I can bring the insert to use AA batteries if and when my other batteries are out of charge and I need more pics. I believe it requires 6 AA batteries. (Or 8.) But this option is great. Used this option on purpose one time through the batteries to see how many images I could get on the charge. Shot hundreds of long exposure, RAW images, and was able to shoot for hours. ~700-800 photos if I remember correctly.

Like the ability to adjust settings.

Love being able to shoot more comfortably in portrait mode.

Plastic cover....waste of product and materials. Threw it away.

Extra batteries...nice to have.

Do I recommend. YES.
on June 23, 2014
I bought this grip several months ago and have had no complaints. Sure, the batteries don't last as long as the official Canon ones, and the grip is a little flimsier than the official Canon one. But no complaints given great quality for the price.

However, this week, my camera started intermittently shutting off and then died completely. Batteries were charged, nothing else seemed to be the problem. It took me a while but I finally realized that the little tab at the base of the "column" of the grip that slides into the battery slot on the camera was no longer depressing the tab inside the camera to tell the camera that a battery was in place. This is the same tab that is pressed down by the battery door without the grip. If the tab is not pressed down, the camera won't turn on. So if your camera mysteriously stops working, put a small piece of duct tape or similar over the little protrusion at the base of the column and slide it into the camera. It should fix the issue. This is documented online in one thread where a camera mysteriously would not turn on and it eventually came out that the user had a knock-off, after market battery grip installed. So this is a known issue.
on November 26, 2013
I've purchased other battery grips before and they are usually very cheap feeling and expected the exact same with this. There were cheaper one's around Amazon, but, this one had two extra battery's so I figured to go ahead and grab it. I was surprised by the heavier duty plastic and the quality of the grip! The battery's themselves charge very fast, but, die out a little faster than I'd expect. But, that's not the grip's fault. I have another canon brand LP-E8 and stuck those two in the grip and the battery lasts way longer than the one's that come with this package.

All in all a safe bet and awesome purchase. The seller was quick, too. I actually received this a day earlier than anticipated.
on February 5, 2014
I live in Southern California and pushed the 1-touch Order button on my phone at 10am. This package was sitting in my mailbox at 3pm the very next day! Amazing shipping speed!

Power grip came in a brand new box and contained everything advertised. It looks like part of my T3i and the camera looks semi pro now. Love the added shutter button to take vertical photos as well as functionality buttons on the back. It's solid construction and seems like it will last for quite a while.

I shoot a lot of video with my T3i and needed the extra battery power. I haven't seen how long I can shoot now, but I'm excited to find out! I still have the original battery as a spare and it's a nice touch to have the AA battery tray as a backup.

Pro Tip: I had minor issues seating the new battery grip onto my T3i. I found that if you slightly tilt the grip to the battery side while gently pushing the camera onto the grip, it will match in better with the various hole openings. Dial it in and you're good to go! Now it fits nice and flush and is part of my camera.

Highly recommend this inexpensive yet powerful addition to your Canon setup. You won't be disappointed in the quality and functionality. Big Mike's is a great seller!
on April 21, 2014
The batteries work fine, haven't had a chance to really test our their longevity with a full charge, but they seem OK.

The grip itself is smaller than I expected, which isn't a bad thing because then it is not as heavy, but it feels cheap.

For some reason I thought this would come with an extra charger, but it does not, which is my fault for not noticing that...but just a heads up that it does not!
on January 28, 2016
This great product I bought it 4 years ago it last me that long until I keep tight it too much and the plastic cover on top broke. I glue it back and still works fine. The batteries still using it today and are in great shape. I recommended this, great products at a great price.
on July 24, 2014
Its just what I expected... When you hang some heavy glass on the front of a Rebel it can feel pretty awkward but the grip makes it feel much better. I had a Meiki grip on my Canon XSI and it worked perfectly until I upgraded cameras. This doesn't quite feel as well made as the old one, and I dont believe the batteries are reporting correct charge level through the grip (notice it doesn't have the same amount of pins going into the batteries) but it fits my new T5i and works just fine. The buttons have a cheap feel to them, but I would argue that the T5i has cheaper feeling buttons than my XSI anyway, so it fits the theme.
on March 14, 2014
A non-branded pack that gets the job done. No need to spend extra for a name. It gets the job done and the batteries are the important thing. The buttons are a little weak and I'll see how long they last and the power switch doesn't click or lock so you need to mentally remember to check if it's on or off to save the battery life.
You'll need to pick up a charger for the batteries, check the voltage before you buy.
Super easy installation and works great. Didn't need the screen cover of the cloth, but can gift it.