Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

VINE VOICEon March 20, 2008
We really love this product and a package of five is absolutely wonderful. It definitely works. However, we live in a ranch style home and enter the basement through the garage. We can't hear the alarm in our house. We've had a copious amount of rainfall and snow recently, and it seems every time we turn around there's a flood warning. We got a little water in our basement, the alarm went off, but we didn't hear it in the living area of our home. I'd give it 5 stars if we could hear it when it goes off.
on February 17, 2007
I bought these after having 2 separate water incidents at my home. This prompted me to try to research a way to prevent further damage. These detectors are great because they are battery powered and small enough to easily slip under the refrigerator or behind the washing machine. The 5-pack is nice as I have many locations to put it (I put one in each water heater).

I highly recommend these for any homeowner.
11 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2007
these leak sensors are a GREAT idea. like a smoke detector, you put it somewhere and it goes off when you need it. we had one under the kitchen sink for almost a year, when we started hearing this electronic buzzing.... well, there was a leak from the inflow pipe, and we fixed it before the whole kitchen flooded.

I bought this 5 pack for my mother, with hardwood floors, since mine worked so well

this is a good price, too
9 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2008
I wished I had one of these sensors under my kitchen sink a couple of months ago. Had a leak and by the time I noticed it my wood floor was damaged. These sensors would have warned my prior to damage. The included 9V batteries are not alkaline type so you may want to replace them after a few months of use.
on March 11, 2008
I have used a water alarm by the hot water heater for many years, and it helped prevent damage on two occasions--really invaluable in terms of the damage and aggravation that an unnoticed water leak can create. These used to be hard to find and expensive. This 5-pack provides excellent value, and I now use them all around the house (by the washing machine and under every sink, in addition to the hot water heater) to give me much more peace of mind. Also a great practical gift!
on January 10, 2009
Recommended. One advantage of Water Warning is it can be placed flat, or on edge--the latter is great for sliding behind appliances, between bookcases, etc., where other leak detectors may not fit. Installing batteries is easier than some other models out there and the fact Water Warning comes in a pkg of 5 makes sense, because most people will want more than one in their home. It's a good idea to use high quality alkaline batteries rather than the batteries which come with the package.
on March 6, 2012
Well, I have had great luck with these so far and wanted to add more and now they aren't available!!! Why??????
on September 17, 2008
I've had two potentially serious , water leak incidents since aquiring this product .
Both were stopped early and fixed thanks to
these alarms . It's cheap and effective
insurance . Make a note to change the
batts once a year .
on April 22, 2013
They are small, batteries last a long time, should be everywhere there could be a leak - hot water tank area, under sinks, behind toilets, by clothes washer, dish washer, refrigerator, etc.
on October 24, 2008
I had to box all these up and send them back. I found that they produced a single beep on the average of every 4 - 6 hours which became very irritating especially in the kitchen since they were all concentrated in this area which is also near the laundry. I even put them on a sheet of plastic and wax paper as well, thinking that maybe the concrete, wood or tile they were resting on was conducting enough electricity to cause them to do this. It wasn't. Maybe mine is a bad batch or maybe the single small beep 4 times a day or more from each one may not bother anyone else. Not trying to tell you to steer away, just be sensitive on this so you can return them before the window closes if it is an issue with yours as well.

I am going to buy a different brand. I'll pay more but sorry Smart Home, I can't live with this irritating beep.
|22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.