|Item Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.8 x 17.8 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||021-1163|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||021-1163|
|OEM Part Number||021-1163|
|Cover Included||1 Shuriken Branded Product|
|Vehicle Service Type||Lawnmowers, Dirt Bikes, Motorcycles, ATVs, Jet Skis, Tractors, Cars, Boats|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.45 shipping
Battery Tender 12V, 270mA, 5W Solar Battery Charger - Weatherproof by Deltran 021-1163
|You Save:||$5.00 (6%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 5W solar panel with built-in Battery Tender 3-step microcontroller for super-smart charging that ensures that your battery is not damaged by overcharging
- Output: 12 VDC, 270 mAmp DC, 5W max for battery charging and maintenance
- Worry free: Reverse polarity protection, weatherproof, sparkproof, built in temperature compensation sensor, and CE approved
- Great for: Outdoor use, trickle charging, off road motorcycle, all-terrain vehicles
- Approximate dimensions: 14"W X 16"L X 1"H; Weight: 3 pounds
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Harness the power of the sun with this Battery Tender 5-Watt Solar Panel with built-in smart charging controller. It's 100% portable and ideal for battery charging and maintenance, and for storage space without power access. Battery Tender solar panels are the only panels available with a built-in charge controller to prevent overcharging.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: contacted Deltran service by email per instructions 5 days ago: no response. Like the unit, are they working?
As you know the unit comes with a solar panel, charge controller and a 5 foot cord. Here are my points:
1) 5 feet isn't a very long cord. If you need longer search Amazon for a SAE battery tender extension cord. I've seen them in various lengths with 25 and 12 feet coming to mind. I believe the 12 foot was around $9.
2) If you intend to measure voltage at the leads you MUST HAVE A BATTERY WITH AT LEAST 3 VOLTS CONNECTED to the unit before it will supply a charge. I guess they do this as a safety measure but it probably also protects the battery tender from overloads.
3) The mounting hardware supplied is simply 4 screws that allow you to directly attach the solar panel to something by its 4 corners. I ended up fabricating a mount and use an articulating antenna mount. In all about another $40.
This unit is sized for lawn mower or ATV type batteries. However it could certainly maintain a car or boat battery as long as there isn't a significant drain on it (and the panel is exposed to plenty of sun). A significant drain could be caused by things like some clocks, lights, alarms and such.
This unit has a light on the front to indicate when it is charging and when your battery has a full charge. If the light is off it means either there is not enough sun shining on the panel. If the light is amber blinking it means a battery is not connected. If the light is solid amber it is charging. If the light is green the battery is fully charged. The unit does not require full sun to produce a charge but the more sun the better.
This is a great deal for the money for a ready to go solution.
6.7.17- well, it isn't working. The brain of it isn't functioning correctly so now I will have to get a hold of the manufacturer to get a replacement. When I will I will follow up again.
I added a battery disconnect switch so my camper when parked can no longer drain the battery when parked. I have the battery tender hooked directly to the battery and it now seems to be keeping the battery charged. Supper happy