Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on May 4, 2017
Fits well, and I've noticed a large increase in run time. My only concern is durability, so we'll just have to see how it goes over the next year or two.
on July 15, 2016
You have to insert this battery very carefully to get it square with the laptop. Once inserted, expect about 1.5 hours of use which is typical of the laptops and batteries of that period. Recharges quickly. Works fine for it's intended purpose: backup for some extra time of laptop use.

At this price, you can't expect NASA-spec, and it isn't, but just a decent serviceable item. Expect about 2 weeks between your order and arrival if you are on the east coast.
on October 15, 2013
There seems to be a lot of reviews here stating the item description is wrong, and I'm here to tell you it was certainly wrong for me.
I have an R61i Type 8932 which per the Lenovo site uses battery part # 40Y6797. Well, after receiving the battery it clearly does not even remotely fit.
So the compatibility listing in the description is incorrect, it's probably going to be random chance if the battery works for you. If you decide to buy one, good luck.
on August 24, 2012
I purchased this item because the price was unbeatable. The battery works as described. I am now back to having 3+ hours of work time.

I received an email that included tracking information for my package with delivery promised by August 1st. I did not receive my item until August 10th. There was no communication from the company regarding the delay in delivery. I had to repeatedly contact them to get updated shipping information. It wasn't until after I threatened to ask for a refund that I received tracking information and confirmation that my battery was shipped.

Even with the delivery delay, getting a battery that would have cost me more than $120 from the manufacturer or $110 from the local batter shop for less than $30 is a great deal.
on April 2, 2017
Worked fine for a few months - then stopped holding a charge for any more than 5 minutes - even though it shows 100% charged and 1-2 hours of use time available. While it was not an expensive battery, I would have expected a longer use life - for now I will live with keeping my laptop plugged in.
on July 17, 2016
Wrong battery in package.
on January 20, 2017
I ordered this battery to replace a faulty one in a Thinkpad T61, however the graphics card on the board died and that means the whole think is junk now. But luckily I now use this battery on a Thinkpad W500 at work and it holds a charge for about 2 hours or so, which isn't awful considering its pretty old tech.
on July 17, 2012
This battery came very quickly in US mail - in fact I think it arrived in 2 business days. It fits and came charged to about 80%. After it charged up all the way I unplugged the laptop for about two hours and it drained to around 75%. Not bad at all for $25 with free shipping! (and so far no annoying "Not a Genuine Lenovo Battery" message . . .)
on July 29, 2012
After reading the other reviews, I had high hopes for this product. However, the battery does not seem to function properly. My laptop just sporadically turns off with no warning with this battery. I don't know much about the quality of materials, but it does look a little bit cheaper than the OEM battery, which is to be expected. I would have returned this battery but I missed the return window.
on December 20, 2015
(shrug) Three different software packages on two different operating systems claim these are Sanyo cells.

Sanyo is now the "low end" Panasonic battery. Sanyo is a Panasonic owned company. Lenovo charges $179 for a better battery pack with real Panasonic batteries.

Now I'll still buy that expensive battery, but these are "good enuf" for other uses.