|Print List Price:||$17.00|
Save $2.01 (12%)
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
A Battle Won (A Charles Hayden Novel Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 467 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $4.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
But here, in the second book we find that the author's craft is just not up to what he gave us in the first book. There it was action, action, action, with the interludes well placed for the pacing. Here, we have some sequences, his historical (as you can read in the notes) section about the guns taking so long to develop and then implement that it becomes more of a bore than a needed part of the tale.
And the twist at the end, which is left unresolved is a further disappointment. Were there no third book, then one would have that length of time until the third is released to have a completion. No way to write a series.
This book there was less of the angst the character suffered about his parentage, and the hint we have at the end, that his parentage is at the heart of opposing forces at the Admiralty is a theme that should be developed. But we also see that there is too much favoritism giving jobs to Hayden where other Captains and Commanders in the fleet need to either be employed, or have reasons that they aren't. Last is the fault I found with the first book, where the nautical terminology is thrown so fast at us that we have little idea what it means or what is happening to the ship. So much that it can not be followed.
Otherwise, I hope the series continues to develop. It may not rival as I had hoped Stockwin's Kydd, but it is still early days.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical > Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sea Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction