Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,253 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,735 reviews
on December 2, 2014
Urrrrrrgggg!!!!!!! I am rereading this series, and because I know what will happen, I am so frustrated that some things did not happen in this book!!!!! This book was great, and I loved it, and I almost CRIED when I finished it because it ended on a cliffhanger!!! Then I remembered that I had already bought the last book and I was okay again! This book is a must read, and if you have not read the beginning of the series yet, drop everything you are doing right now and START READING!!!!!!! I recommend this book and this series to anyone who can deal with suspense, loves a good action novel, and can enjoys modern Greek mythology. SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!!
on September 14, 2014
I am a 66-year-old grandmother, who has been reading the Percy Jackson series with my grandson over the past few months. I just finished The Battle of the Labyrinth and couldn't wait to get to the final book. My grandson is 12 and feels the same way. He lives in Maine, and I live in Georgia. Critiquing these books has been a great way to stay in touch. Riordan is an excellent writer. Percy's voice is truly that of a pre-teen, then young teen. The adventures are all exciting and many are cliff-hangers. There's even a splash of quasi-romance thrown it. I will definitely miss "seaweed brain" when I have completed the fifth book.
on April 15, 2016
Grief is a theme throughout the story, it seems.

A lot of endings, and beginnings, in this installment of the series. And a couple of mortal characters play roles, too.

Olympians prominent in book: Hera, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Dionysus
Titans prominent in book: Kronos, Typhoon
Others of note: Daedalus, Calypso, Cerce (actually, only mentioned in this book, appeared in last book), Janus, Pan
on May 5, 2011
The penultimate book in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series shares all the features that have made this series such a pleasure to read. It has imaginative modernization of classical mythology, likable and capable protagonists, wonderful humor mixed with doses of tragedy and pathos, all told in the sardonic first person by Percy Jackson. In addition we have the Labyrinth itself - virtually alive and as much a gripping and interesting character as any flesh and blood mortal, monster, god, or demigod. The action sequences are well choreographed and the overreaching plot and subplots that run through the entire series are pushed towards what promises to be an page turning climax.

After I finished this book I immediately ordered the Last Olympian and some other Riordan titles. This is a juvenile series but I'm thinking there are plenty of adults like me that are having a blast following this fun series. Highly recommended.
on January 14, 2017
Arrived on time and as described. My son is voraciously reading this series so I was happy to get him the next one so he could keep reading.
on November 8, 2014
Percy Jackson is back along with his best friends, and a few of his worst enemies. Wait and read another amazing work by Rick Riordan as he pulls another rabbit out of his hat, keeping you on the edge of your seat and unable to put down your book. Combining ancient myths and modern day life isn't easy for a boy who grew up fatherless only to find out he's the son of a god. Now he's facing a new threat from his arch rival and trying to find a way to save his new home. Enjoy the twist on one of histories oldest stories and meeting one of the world's greatest inventors in the Labyrinth.
on May 11, 2016
My son read all the Percy Jackson books - he absolutely devoured them! He is 8 years old... and I though he's a bit too young for them. But he watched the movies and than wanted to read the books. He finished this series and now started with the Heroes of Atlantis series by Rick Riordan. He likes that the new series has both new and old characters.
on April 13, 2017
Wow this is the best book (and series) i have ever read in the whole universe of books!!
I could read the series 5 time and still get the same enjoyment out of it as i did the the first time I read it. Wow best book ever!!!!!
on February 4, 2017
I love this entire series and this book did not disappoint! There are surprises around every corner and just enough suspense to keep it "real"! One more book to go and I think I'll look into more of Mr. Riordan's work! 😊
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2008
This is the 4th book in the Percy and the Olympians series. I have heard that there are supposed to be 5 books in the series. This book was as good as the previous ones and follows the same basic formula as those ones. I listened to this on audiobook and the audiobook was very well done!

Percy is going to orientation at yet another new school. This time more is at stake because he was allowed into this school on a recommendation from his mother's boyfriend. As usual trouble ensues and he is attacked right off the bat by evil monster cheerleaders. So starts another fun fast-paced adventure with Percy and his buddies.

Percy flees the scene meeting Annabeth on the way and they end up back at camp half-blood where Annabeth is finally given a quest. Her quest will take her, Tyson, Percy, and Grover through the depths of the fabled Labyrinth and through many other fantastical areas of Greek mythology. As Aphrodite promised Percy's "love life" begins to get difficult with the addition of Elizabeth Rachel Dare to the story.

This was another great book. I continue to love how the Greek myths are woven in with everyday reality. I love the characters. I love how even Percy's everyday normal mortal life is kept track of and not forgotten about. This is just an all-in-all great book. I love this series and am very excited to see how it ends.

Great book!