Battle for the Planet of the Apes
Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- *Cast Page
- *Planet of the Apes (68) Trailer
- *Planet of the Apes (01) Trailer
- *Beneath the Planet of the Apes Trailer
- *Escape from the Planet of the Apes Trailer
- *Conquest of the Planet of the Apes Trailer
- *Battle for the Planet of the Apes Trailer
- *Planet of the Apes Cross Promotional Trailer
- *Fox Interactive Presents: Behind the Scenes of the Planet of the Apes Game
- ROM Content - Self Contained Planet of the Apes Web Site
Top Customer Reviews
The film begins in the year 2670 and is bookended with John Houston as the revered ape Lawgiver reading from the sacred scrolls like a bedtime storyteller, "In the beginning, God created beast and man so that they could live in harmony and share dominion over this world..." From here the story is told in flashback and the viewer is left scratching their heads by the befuddling logic. Events not clearly explained are left to the viewer to make assumptions or draw conclusions about the contradictory order of events. It must be assumed that a nuclear war had devasted the Earth immediately after the ape uprising in Conquest and somehow only a decade afterward the ape society had unbelievably evolved their verbal powers of speech and intelligence. These facts are inconsistent with Cornelius' explanation of the apes' evolution in Escape in which he explains that the plague that destroyed all cats and dogs occurred some 200 years later than it did in Conquest and that Aldo was the first ape to utter human speech when he said the word "No" which was spoken by Lisa in Conquest, and that Aldo led the revolt against the humans which was led by Caesar.Read more ›
The following previously missing scenes have been restored:
1. After Virgil explains to Caeser the classroom situation in which Abe (the teacher) told Aldo "No!" at class, McDonald elaborates further that Abe should have known better.
2. After Caeser, Virgil, and McDonald enter the forbidden city, a mutant is seen sitting near Kolp and messing with some wires, presumably the alpha omega missile wiring.
3. Prior to the viewing of the archives, and while traveling down the city corridor, McDonald fusses at Caeser and Virgil for being so slow. Caeser and Virgil claim that they can smell the radioactive humans and mention that they are not like the other normal humans.
4. After Virgil shoots the moving camara he apoligizes to Caeser and claims that everyone now knows they are there.
5. After Kolp tells the captain that they are going after the apes "now" he then tells Alma that, no matter what, surrender is not an option. Kolp: "Alma, either we must cage the beast, or destroy the whole zoo." They then gather around the alpha omega missile. Kolp opens the missile silo hatch while Mendez looks on.
6. Extended scene of the convoy of mutants going towards ape city with some of the mutants walking out of rank and falling on the ground, presumably dying.
7. After Kolp and the captain view the ape barricade, Virgil sneeks down from his house - then the movie cuts back to Kolp who reminds someone via radio about his message to Alma in case things go wrong.
8. Extra war footage of the apes fighting the mutants with the barracade on fire.Read more ›
The most obvious way to differentiate the two versions is the cover. The cut version has Virgil, an orangutan on it. This version has a picture of a very angry chimp or gorilla. In the cut version, you see Virgil from the chest up, the latter only has a face above the logo and a few film clips below it. While I'd really only recommend this to apes fans, I'd say anyone who's truly devoted to this series must own it.
This is a film sequel that I do believe requires the viewer to see at least part IV before watching this film. You'll be able to enjoy it if you haven't seen the other entries, but there will be some unanswered questions if you are not familiar with the other Ape films.
THE PLOT -
It's been twelve years since the events of "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" - Due to so many Ape-uprisings, as well as a nuclear war among humans, the Apes have taken over the world. In a place called "Ape City", under Ape leader Caesar's leadership, all Apes have learned to speak English, as well as do many other things. Almost all human beings have been enslaved by the Apes and are kept to serve their needs.
Caesar and his human friend MacDonald desire for the Apes and humans to live in peace. However, a militant gorilla named Aldo believes the Apes should become more strict on the humans and that all humans are evil and violent by nature, and must be punished for all their past crimes against Apes. Aldo plots with the other Gorillas to carry out justice.
Meanwhile, a group of radiation-scarred human rebels who live amongst each other out in the desert, far away from Ape City and any Apes, and are lead by a crazed, Ape-hating fanatic named Kolp have plans to invade Ape City, rebuild society, and put the Apes back into slavery.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Battle is actually a battle and not fake CGI blood and gore garbage like you get from Hollyweird. This is actually my favorite of the ape movies. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Bela
Basically five stars for even the worst Planet of the Apes from back in the day. I won't watch the Tim Burton, because even hardcore Apesheads tell me it is bad. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Tim Midyett
It was a great movie, but not really a kid movie it should be PG-13Published 14 months ago by Lisa Sponsky
get all blu ray classic sci-fi and horror movies before corps start phazing dvds and blu rays out in the near future .Published 14 months ago by ANTON PHIBES
Finally another modern classic for those of us tired of remakes and trash ...Published 15 months ago by Devin R. Murdock
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Sci-Fi Series & Sequels > Planet of the Apes
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General