Journey to a fantasy realm where mortals are caught in a clash between gods and giants, and standing together is their only option. Command amazing creatures in battle while casting spells to sustain your forces or wreak havoc among your foes. Whether or not you triumph on the battlefield will depend on how you build your deck of digital cards and how you deploy them in the heat of combat. Gameplay
Select a deck of 20 cards consisting of creatures, buildings, and spells. The cards represent your tools of war: units, buildings and spells that are conjured directly onto the battlefield. Assemble the perfect fighting force before the battle, choosing from your ever-increasing collection, and lead it into the battle. Rare cards open up completely new tactics for you. You can also buy boosters online, win cards in events and quests, and trade and auction cards online. Cards are organized into four different colored groups known as 'the Powers' and present players with different ways to play. More powerful cards have higher power costs (and thus take longer to play) so build your deck carefully to strike just the right balance and forge your victory. When your army is ready, head into battle with your friends, charge through a singleplayer campaign, or take on fellow players. The Four Powers
Four powers determine the balance in the world of BattleForge. Each of these has its own special abilities, strengths and weaknesses that can carry the day depending on the conditions of the battlefield and game. Each also has a general theme. These are: Frost - Defensive; Fire - Aggressive; Nature - Control; and Shadow - Risk. Use the full array of spells, magical constructs and powerful units assigned to each to devise your strategy. Surprise your opponents with a perfectly armed fighting force - for every battle situation. Key Features
- Use the forces of Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow to stake your ground and battle for survival.
- Card-based gameplay makes BattleForge easy to pick up and play yet provides countless hours of challenges and strategic action.
- Win, trade, auction, and buy cards online to create your ultimate deck and build the most powerful army possible.
- Take full advantage of a wide range of community-based features including guilds and cooperative online battles with friends.
- Wage epic warfare on 40 expansive, detailed maps.
- Fight for supremacy in intense player-vs.-player combat.
- Up to 12 players can team up for epic co-op quests and warfare on massive battlegrounds.
|OS:||Windows Vista/Window XP with SP2|
|Processor:||1.8Ghz XP or faster|
|RAM:||1GB Vista/512MB XP (1GB recommended)|
|Video:||DirectX 9.0c compatible; NVIDIA GeForce 6 series or ATI Radeon 9500 or better; 128MB|
|Sound:||DirectX 9.0c compatible|
|DVD-ROM:||4x DVD-ROM drive or faster|
|Hard Drive Space:||12GB of Free Space|
|Other:||512Kps or faster broadband connection required for online play|