Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Battlefield 2 Modern Combat - PlayStation 2” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 40% off the $9.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC
- All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting
- Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time
- Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets
- Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Admittedly, I have purchased the PC version, but I've been waiting and waiting for the PS2 version. Why? The controls and movements feel so much more realistic and intuitive with a PS2 controller. At the PC, I felt very disconnected from the play. And for an aging game system, the PS2 gives excellent graphics on this title.
- online play is awesome, and with PS2 (unlike Xbox) it's free.
- you can taste the dirt, this game is so real. Even for a beginning player, you will start to learn military tactics and fighting.
- headset and voice communications are clear
- well-designed maps give the player true variety. Buildings and hiding nooks are well placed and thought out. This makes sniping and covert ops even more enjoyable.
- weapons are all great, and each unit is nicely balanced.
- if you played the demo, you'll surely mourn the loss of extra C4 ammo (player only has 4 of them now), the grenade launcher has been toned down, and the rocket launcher seems stronger. These changes aren't enough to throw the game out of balance, but people are grumbling.
- game still needs some balancing issues with vehicles and aircraft. A talented player can use the vehicles to overwhelm a newbie team.
- slow load time. However, this is not specific to Battlefield. It's an aging system, and all games load slowly.
BUY THIS TITLE!
I was happy as a clam to hear that BF2 was coming out for PS2 as well as computer. Being a BF1942 fan and the mode Desert Combat, I knew the game was going to be good since DC moders were involved. However my 'puter is old so I couldn't get the PC version.
Well I got the game for PS2 and was immediately disappointed. For one, there was no normal capture the spawn points for single player. It was all story-basd game. As others have said....it's battlefield! So I was turned off by that aspect. The next thing was that you couldn't adjust the button formation. Very upsetting for being a left-hander (which I am). So the first night I simply sulked.
But instead of simply returning it, I decided to play it for a few days. I adjusted to the right-handed button formation slowly. Also I started using the hotswap option more and more (FYI this is something rather cool in squad-based single player games. Yuo can switch with any friendly unit you see. Thereby taking control of that model and their weapons. I expect alot of EA FPS to have this in the future). I grew to like the game.
What is really nice is the idea of bullets will kill you. Two to three rounds of an assault rifle will kill you as well as a single sniper shoot. Shocking, I know...especially if you are used to getting blasted for 10 seconds before death like most other FPS games have. Also, as pointed out, dying becomes a penalty. It effects your points in the mission and your over all rank scoring. The game challenges you to think before acting.....Is it worth diving into that crowd of enemy units because if you die.....you lose more than they are worth.Read more ›
If you are looking for a tactical shooter, this is not the game to buy. This is an arcade game.
If you are looking for a console version of Battlefield, this is not the game to buy. The game mechanics are different.
1) Good graphics.
2) Good maps. Large and lots of hiding places (you can go into almost every building).
3) Hot swap feature (you can switch to any friendly unit on the fly). Since AI is quite dumb (charge to their deaths) the same with all battlefield games, this feature will help in positioning them correctly.
4) Helicopers are actually flyable compared to the previous battlefield titles.
5) Mission-based. This is good for those bored with conquest / control point type maps.
6) Story line. Well, you can see the realities of war. You play both sides and both of you think you're the good guys but in reality both of you are the bad guys.
1) Not realistic. Too arcade.
2) Slow stance changing. Crounching and going to prone is slow so don't bother. Just run around like crazy and dodge the bullets.
3) Lack of skirmish mode. I miss the conquest maps.
4) Unlimited ammo. Once your stock runs out, it will automatically replenish in 30 seconds or so. I missed the medicine cabinets and ammo crates.
Haven't played online though.
Missions are quite easy so there's no frustration factor even for amature gamers. Some may find this boring. But even the more experienced ones will be challenged as perfecting the missions
are really difficult.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I dont want to start an argument, but if you really want a fps game for ps2, go get call of duty: world at war.Published 11 months ago by That Guy
The game is real hard to complete, with all the achievements and awards, but this is a really great game for the old console. The transfer mechanism is the best.Published 11 months ago by Paul Lepage