Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition features the fully updated original hit game plus the Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike booster pack. Earth, 2142. As a new ice age depletes the planet’s resources, two massive multinational coalitions wage a brutal war for the only cause that matters—survival. Armed with a devastating arsenal of futuristic weaponry and gear, including active camouflage, EMP grenades, and sentry guns, plus Battle Walkers and vast airborne bases called Titans, you must coordinate the efforts of your teammates to win the war for Earth’s last fragile pieces of livable land. With extensive improvements to the groundbreaking Battlefield 2 ranking and upgrade system and the new Titan gameplay mode, Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition brings the franchise’s award-winning online warfare into a harsh and desperate future.
- A Whole New Battlefield—The award-winning franchise blasts into the distant future. With Earth’s icecaps threatening to cover the globe, civilizations must push toward the equator in an all-out war for every resource and every inch of land.
- Titans Rule the Skies—These massive airborne carriers/warships serve as home bases. In the first-ever new gameplay mode in the Battlefield universe, teams must work together to destroy the enemy Titan.
- Included with the Northern Strike booster pack, three new maps set in Europe and two brand-new vehicles, the hovering light IFV Hachimoto and the massive heavy IFV Goliath.
- A Powerful Futuristic Arsenal—Fight the war of the future with devastating weapons like the NK- 1000 Type 2 sniper rifle, deadly gadgets like the SD-8 Accipiter drone, and next-generation vehicles such as the mighty L-5 Riesig Battle Walkers.
- Customize Your Soldier—Build up your soldier’s attributes as you see fit with more than 1500 combinations in the new skill tree system—fight as a medic sniper, a recon engineer, and much more.
- Unlock the Future—Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition boasts five times the number of upgrades in Battlefield 2, with more than 40 ranks and unlocks including special squad and commander upgrades.
- Supported OS: Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 1.7 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard Disk: 2.2 GB
- Video Card: 128MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
- Additional Requirements: DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Origin account required for game activation and installation
Top Customer Reviews
The game, being older now, runs great on even low-end systems. I run Windows 7 64-bit and have had no issues with compatibility. The only thing I've noticed, and it's a small inconvenience, is that the first time I try to join a server online, it always says "Disconnected with the server" and you have to join again. The second time, it always connects. Odd thing.
Servers with bots can run only 16 players total, including the bots, but other game modes allow up to 64 players. There are vehicles like buggies, tanks, and helicopters to be operated. There is a game mode called Titan where each team tries to destroy the other's floating space station by capturing missile sites are directly assaulting the Titan by landing on it via aircraft or being launched up to it from a vehicle.
The weaponry is nice and each class has a special ability like healing or supplying ammo. The graphics are really quite good for a game of this age especially if you turn everything up to max. You might want to add a line to your "Target" section in the games launch shortcut to adjust to newer monitors.Read more ›
Gameplay is pretty fun, and plays like all Battlefield titles. I think the only thing some players will have trouble getting used to is limited sprint, and will need to get accustomed to choosing spawn points in order to get into combat quickly if they haven't played pre-Bad Company Battlefield titles. There's a game adviser while playing, but it didn't really explain much when it came to the game's Titan mode (no the mechs aren't the Titans like Titanfall).
After playing the newer BF games you will loose interest fast. For one there isn't many servers available to play on anymore. As of 02/13/2014, I only saw about 5 servers available.
I really do hope they make room for a newer version of this game. This game was on sale for $2.99 on Amazon, so I decided to jump on it and give it a go again. Even if I only get a few hours in, it would be worth it.
(there are some tweaks to get the game to run in 1080 / widescreen, just google it)
REALLY fun game modes like Titan. The mechs are cool. The weapons are cool. Can't say it enough how great the game is.
As for my review on this game, I have played over 500 hours on it. It is my favorite Battlefield of them all. It brings back the old style of playing which was not reliant on constant bombardment of achievements. It rewarded team play, and tactical play. The game is fairly balanced. The giant maps give way for vehicle warfare and the smaller maps where excellent for infantry combat. Overall this game has been a fantastic experience for me, and hopefully it will be free so that the player base can grow again. If you are living in the United States one server still plays titan mode with 48 players. It still gets full with old and new players a like. So you wont be missing any action or fun if you were to buy this game. $1.00 is a very good price for what you get.
The online component to the game is to be shut down at the end of June 30, 2014.
I'm pretty sure the game will not work afterwards since to start playing requires a login.
Buy the game at your own peril.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
EA is NOT LEGALLY AUTHORIZED to geographically restrict the items in question as it's content was already distributed WORLDWIDE.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I can't really say why, but this game just felt unfun. Which is a shame because I loved the concept and I was a very big fan of the battlefield series until this title.Published 5 months ago by Fox Forrester
I wish I had a powerful enough computer back in the day when people played this.Published 6 months ago by Lewis
Not like your typical Battlefield games but it satiated the taste buds until the next installment.Published 6 months ago by Marlon