Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - Playstation 3” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save over 90% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Engage in all-out warfare with award-winning multiplayer, intense co-op, and thrilling single-player missions.
- Get all 5 expansion packs including 20 new maps, 20 new weapons, 10 new vehicles, and 4 new game modes.
- Ultimate vehicle warfare returns with Battlefield's signature vehicle warfare experience, including damaged vehicles that can retreat or be defended until they automatically regain armor.
- A whole new level of destruction awaits as Frostbite 2 lets you chip away at cover, blow holes in walls, deform the terrain, and bring down entire building façades on enemies.
- Get a head start online with 15 advanced weapons plus gadgets, vehicle upgrades, and more.
- Never go into battle alone thanks to the powerful new community and social features of Battlelog.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
OWN MORE WITH BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM Take your Battlefield 3 multiplayer experience to the next level with Battlefield 3 Premium! Containing a truly staggering amount of content, Battlefield 3 Premium offers a unique opportunity to play all upcoming expansion packs early, increase your soldier customization options, and receive a number of exclusive in-game items all for a one-time fee. This membership will give you all five themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3 - including two weeks' early access. You will also receive a host of unique in-game items not available anywhere else, including the ACB-90 knife, a set of dog tags, and exclusive soldier and weapon camos. Battlefield 3 Premium members will also get access to powerful new features such as the ability to reset their stats, queue priority into servers, and new decals for their Platoon emblems. Whether you want to get early access, stand out with unique in-game items, or use the powerful new features on offer, Battlefield 3 Premium gives you an unprecedented multiplayer experience.
Battlefield 3 is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online and more.
The special premium edition contains a variety of bonus digital items. See the complete list of these below.
Return to the Battlefield
In Battlefield 3 players take command of a team of elite US Marines as they experience heart-pounding misson-based gameplay ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York. Along with ground combat, vehicular combat plays a major role with vehicles available including tanks as well as air support, featuring infrared and satellite imaging. The game contains both single player missions and competitive and co-op multiplayer action supporting up to 24 players online, and set in diverse locations from around the globe.
The State-of-the-art Frostbite 2 Engine
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next installment of game developer Dice's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground - the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
The Benefits of a Battlefield 3 Premium Membership
With Battlefield 3 Premium membership included with this game edition, you get a digital service which includes all five themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3, including 'Back to Karkand' and 'Close Quarters,' as well as early access to 'Armored Kill,' 'Aftermath' and 'End Game.' Together these five digital expansion packs deliver a ton of new content, including 20 new maps, new weapons, more than 10 new vehicles, and four new game modes. You also get exclusive in-game items not available anywhere else, including the ACB-90 knife, a set of dog tags, and exclusive soldier and weapon camos. Plus, your membership lets you access powerful new features such as the ability to reset stats, queue priority into servers, and new decals for Platoon emblems.
You can also get a jump on the competition online with the Multiplayer Head Start Kit. The kit gives you immediate access to such powerful items as heat-seeking AA missiles for jets and helicopters, special gadgets such as the defibrillator, and TUGS sensor, and weapons like the 40MM grenade launcher, M416 rifle, and M249 light machine gun. With 18 weapons, gadgets, and vehicle upgrades in all, the Multiplayer Head Start Kit is the edge you need to start dominating in online warfare.
Key Game Features
- The Frostbite 2 Game Engine - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
- Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades to safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior experience like no other FPS.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline along with an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles, all at your command.
- Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
- Multiplayer Mayhem - Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online.
- Amazing Animation - The DICE team set out to takes animation to the next level with ANT technology (previously used in FIFA games) that now allows the creation of more believable behavior than ever before in an FPS.
- Fight to Scale - Simply put, in Battlefield 3 you will be able to engage across some of the largest maps ever created, while close quarter combat is available too.
- Massive Destruction - Destruction is enhanced on both a macro and micro level. Chips fly off blocks of concrete used for cover, while whole facades and buildings collapse in screeching clouds of dust and debris.
- Best-in-Class Audio - Building on acclaimed High Dynamic Range (HDR) audio from previous Battlefield games, Battlefield 3 builds on the best-in-class legacy with a brutally realistic soundscape.
Feel the fight like never before..
Diverse real world settings.
24-player online support.
Extreme urban combat.
Top customer reviews
As far as the actual game itself, it is definitely one of my favorite first-person shooters I have ever played, the others being other Battlefield games. As far as the multiplayer, The game modes vary from classic Battlefield-style open maps with vehicles and objectives to close-quarter team deathmatch games, as well as plenty that are included with the add-ons. The weapons handle more realistic than other competing shooters, namely because of the bullet drop and the inclusion of the bullet in the chamber after reloading a fresh magazine. You can customize your gun with red dot sights, low-power combat scopes, sniper scopes, infared sights, foregrips, grenade launchers, shotguns, laser sights, flashlights, bipods, suppressors, flash hiders, heavy barrels, extended magazines, and I'm probably forgetting something else. And unlike games like Call of Duty, you can have up to three attachments on a gun, and they're sorted in categories (optics, muzzle, barrel). The two fighting factions are the Americans and the Russians, which have their own vehicles and weapons, however the weapons, and attachments, can be eventually unlocked for either team, with some skill. You can customize your vehicles with different weapons and abilities. These, along with guns, attachments, and equipment can be unlocked through a level-progression system, and by achieving kills with weapons you unlock attachments for that gun.
As far as the campaign goes, it has a good storyline to it and is fun to play, but does not have the replayability of other fps games, including the Bad Company games. If you're looking for a game solely because of the campaign, don't turn away from this, but all I'm saying is it's not the selling point of the game for most people. I don't wish to talk about the campaign too much, to avoid spoiling anything for people who haven't played it yet.
The co-op is, in my opinion, the lowest point of this game. There are only 6 different missions to play on, and they're always the same. You can change the difficulty, but the objectives will not change. You have to have two people playing together, and if one disconnects for any reason, it immediately ends. You do unlock more guns for multiplayer by playing through it, though, so it's worth playing. I recommend playing with someone you know rather than some random cheeseball. If you're looking for a co-op fps for you and your buddies to play, I wouldn't recommend this.
Overall, this is definitely one of my best purchases I have ever made as far as games go, and it will keep me entertained for a very long time. Now, I have one more friend who will play with me, too!
With Premium Addition you're getting all the bonus content, and full game, for less the price of when it released. (its worth the money for all the content). The game feels great. Its immersive.
The downside: This game has been out since late 2011. The servers are still filled (Given its very replayable), but that also means that there are Battlefield Veterans. These kids will chew you up and spit you out. They're good. They know what theyre doing. If you can,find someone you can work with. Team work is essential (not too many people use it).
This is not a run-and-gun game. The environments are massive. Its tactical. Buildings will get destroyed, Weapons are suppressive (When a enemy is shooting near you, your screen will become blurry, due to supression effect), and snipers have bullet drop. Its amazing though, it can get frustrating being the underdog. I love it. Cant wait until BF4!
I played this game for almost 4 years and their is still a really big following out there.
Much better than the new battlfield games in graphics and all including BF4 or anything for the PS4
I only play BF for the multiplayer, and I can say it still has hours on end fun if FPS is you type of gameplay. The maps are great better than 2 or 3 for the reason you won't get backed into a corner so easily.
Huge selection of guns and add ons to choose from, your usual vehicles with a few new, but the controls have changed, the joystick is now the forward and reverse which takes a little getting use to.
Maps are huge
Multiplayer is still very active
Slightly better graphics than 3
Not overwhelmed with modders or hackers
Glad i purchased wish I had done so sooner.