FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio
- Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
- The best online vehicular warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup vehicles
- Take the fight to iconic and unexpected urban locations in the USA, Middle East, and Europe
- Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next installment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multi-player actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Europe, Middle-East and North America. Games sold in the US will not work on systems sold in different geographic locations due to regional coding requirements.
Battlefield 3 is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online and more.
Return to the Battlefield
In Battlefield 3 players take command of a team of elite US Marines as they experience heart-pounding misson-based gameplay ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York. Along with ground combat, vehicular combat plays a major role with vehicles available including tanks as well as air support, featuring infrared and satellite imaging. The game contains both single player missions and competitive and co-op multiplayer actions supporting up to 24 players online, and set in diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.
The State-of-the-art Frostbite 2 Engine
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next installment of game developer Dice's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground - the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
Key Game Features
- The Frostbite 2 Game Engine - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
- Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline along with an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles, all at your command.
- Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
- Multiplayer Mayhem - Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online.
- Amazing Animation - The DICE team set out to takes animation to the next level with ANT technology (previously used in FIFA games) that now allows the creation of more believable behavior than ever before in an FPS.
- Fight to Scale - Simply put, in Battlefield 3 you will be able to engage across some of the largest maps ever created, while close quarter combat is available too.
- Massive Destruction - Destruction is enhanced on both a macro and micro level. Chips fly off blocks of concrete used for cover, while whole facades and buildings collapse in screeching clouds of dust and debris.
- Best-in-Class Audio - Building on acclaimed High Dynamic Range (HDR) audio from previous Battlefield games, Battlefield 3 builds on the best-in-class legacy with a brutally realistic soundscape.
Back To Karkand Expansion Pack - Now Available for Download
Back to Karkand is a massive themed expansion pack for Battlefield 3 and is now available for download on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC Download. It features four of the most loved Battlefield maps ever, boldly reimagined with the power of the Frostbite 2 engine. It also gives you new weapons, vehicles, dog tags, and persistence in the form of all-new "assignments" to carry out on the battlefield. The maps included are Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island. All have been redesigned from Battlefield 2 as a return years later, changing the scenery and adding the powerful destruction that Frostbite 2 brings to the game. Please note that this expansion pack does not come with the game. It must be purchased separately.
Feel the fight like never before.
Diverse real world settings.
24-player online support.
Extreme urban combat.
Top customer reviews
So, I've amassed over 200 hrs playing this game, there's been several updates now to the game plus several Expansion pack released. On xbox, the Armored Kill map pack sucks, I avoid playing those maps because they are huge and lack action. By far the best maps were recently released (Aftermath), they took back my interest back to BF3 from Halo 4.
One thing I do not like about the game is the immense amount of space it takes on my 360's HDD: I've got the multiplayer disc installed on the drive, all the expansions and all the updates = nearly 20 GB taken up. It's ridiculous...every update is over 1.2GB, no matter how small the changelog is.
After playing the beta I thought this game was going to be too much like COD. However, after having the game for a week now I can say that I like this Battlefield style, It's not completely like Bad Company 2, but it's definitely not Modern Warfare either; it's a happy medium. I love the server feature, dedicated servers are awesome, except when they fail. And fail they did on launch day, but DICE was always on twitter and on their blog stating they were aware of the situation and the problem was always corrected within hours. The last EA shooter I bought (Crysis 2) had many problems on multiplayer and Crytek never fully fixed the issues the 3 months I had the game. I'm glad DICE is more responsive, kinda like Bungie. As of today (Halloween) DICE says Xbox server issues are 95% fixed [...]
The graphics on Xbox are excellent, although I still think Crysis 2 has slightly better graphics.
The sound, my goodness, the sound is fantastic.
Controls-they are excellent, controller response and feedback on-screen is spot on.
Gameplay- The multiplayer I think is excellent. Conquest and Rush are great fun, and Team deathmatch is for when your feel like recreating COD gameplay. Almost every match ends with a close score. There are a few bugs still, for example, when near an intense tank fight, the game stutters and lag ensues, but it quickly resolves. I'm pretty sure it's just that the Xbox can't handle the awesomeness. It takes smarts and teamwork to win games. You can lone-wolf it, but you will get a few kills max, and even then you end up in the middle of the scoreboard.