Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2014
I have had all 4 battlefields now for Xbox360. I only play the campaign or single player mode. The game has de-evolved from the first version, in that the game play is less interesting, the character controls more simplified and approaching very arcade like and the story lines that set the battle scenarios have become less and less creative bordering more fantasy then the gritty realism of the game started with. Further, it often does not work correctly. Selecting rate of fire of your automatic weapon may select a gadget instead (like grenade gun). Sometimes the weapon targeting graticuls wont appear. Perhaps most annoying is that there no ability to turn off the music during game play. You also cant bypass the ridiculous scenes that set the next battle context. The game has still maintained its non linearity. Unlike most other games that must follow a narrow path of actions, Battlefield has a wider solution set to reach an objective
on May 9, 2014
I'm a big fan of Bad Company 2 on the 360 and BF3 on the PC, but this isn't doing much for me. You can really tell the 360 version is a bit compromised. It seems to have improved with patches, but early on the game frequently locked up the 360, requiring a system restart...I play with a group of 5 friends, and everyone would lock up every hour or two (not at the same time). When a new map first loads, it takes a minute or two for all the sounds to get going. For instance: you might hear radio calls and soldier voices at first... then gun fire will become audible... then vehicle engines come in... then the rest of the ambience. Often, glass and/or chainlink fence graphics don't load until you're already standing against them... hard to tell if you need to break / cut them to move through. Some of the maps are too big for the 360's reduced player count... some of the maps with multiple air units have no one on the ground taking objectives in rush / conquest.

There are other gameplay elements I don't care for. I frequently get stuck on the terrain... sometimes curbs and/ or window frames require you to hold the jump button to climb over, sometimes they don't. Climbing out of water is rarely smooth. I can't adjust the size/scale of the mini-map. Maybe it's just that I'm not putting nearly the same numbers of hours into this as the others, but it seems like the unlocking pace is slower... this makes it even more difficult to play against the higher-level players; it'd be nice to have a matchmaking feature to reduce level disparities. The server-finding system is lacking a filter for expansion packs, so it's more difficult than necessary to find a game you may not have the proper expansion packs to join (if you try to join an expansion server, it points you towards the DLC store... annoying). The single-player campaign is not interesting...like BF3... NOT like BFBC2.

On the good side: larger squads, commander mode, wavy water/boats, and obliteration game type.... all nice new features.

I'm tempted to try it out on PC... I suspect it would be much better... if only my friends were playing on PC.
on June 16, 2014
Let me start this by saying I was really looking forward to this game. I loved BF3 and put many hours into that game. when I heard that Bf4 was coming out I was very excited. I was even more excited to hear that it would be coming out on the current gen consoles (360 and ps3) so you can tell how disappointed I was when it got here and was a big letdown. First off I know that Dice and EA are known for releasing Gltichy games but I was not prepared for it to be this bad. It crashes almost daily and Freezes, lags etc... I was really upset with the Bugs and they still have not figured out and fixed most of them. On top of all that the gameplay is not up to snuff with the previous battlefield games. with the huge maps it is very hard to find people on the console version since it only supports 24 players in a map. I have played it quite a few times on the PC and let me tell you with a decent PC on a 64 player map this game rocks on PC. and its not very buggy at all on PC except for the normal every once in a while freeze. Overall Im pretty disappointed in Dice for making this game this bad on the 360
on December 16, 2013
Glitchy and broken out of the box, EA has destroyed another game through total bungling of server and insistence on Origin as a platform. Matchmaking is a nightmare, assuming everyone in your party is able to connect to the internet. Still having frame drops and misrendered assets (360) over a month after launch. I felt embarrassed that i convinced my friends to get it so we could all play together.

The game is great when it works, the maps are huge and beautiful (assuming they render correctly). I didnt think we would see another disaster similar to the SimCity launch (thanks again EA) but with this, GTA online, and SimCity, it seems developers are being pushed to deliver product for publishers unable to support online infrastructure. Its mind numbing that even after the huge open beta test period they still got so much wrong.
on November 4, 2013
Two problems arose when I was trying to use this game. When disc 1 is put in the system tells you to download a 529 megabyte update. Then Battlefield 4 starts and it tells you to download a required 2 gigabyte update. If you don't you can't play the game. 1st update (529 megabyte) is corrupted. The 2 gigabyte update would get about 1/3rd downloaded and stop and the screen that says need the 2 gigabyte download would pop up again. I have 10.1 gigabytes of storage space on my hard drive, so that wasn't the problem. After trying for 3 hours last Saturday and another 2 hours on Sunday I returned the game. EA's web site said, on Saturday, all problems with downloads are fixed and people that have a 4 gigabyte Xbox 360 can't download the required update (so they can't play that game). My Xbox 360 is a 20 gigabyte but the update simply won't download. Not Amazon's fault but, I don't want a game I can't play. EA needs to fix the problems. Oh, you can't tell EA directly about problems unless you "create an account" with their web site.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2013
I'm a longtime COD fan but have played nearly every Battlefield since 1942. I've never quite liked Battlefield as much as COD but as the latest COD hardly made any improvements, I decided to pick up a copy of Battlefield 4. I can surely say it was a waste of money. The short time I did get to play the game before crashing, the gameplay just wasn't up to par in my opinion. Battlefield players will probably like it, that's if they get to play it for more than 10 minutes without crashing.
on January 1, 2014
Battlefield 3 was where it was at, but this installment has fallen short. Every level had some sort of texture issue and when my player would enter smoke or fog everything would turn grey (if this was intentionally then it was a terrible idea because you are literally blind and the textures on your gun never load).

The campaign is nothing special but check this-the game won't save your campaign progress so be prepared to beat it in one sitting.

Bugs aside, the multiplayer saved this game for me. It's basically the same from 3. Some people have experience multiplayer bugs and server issues but I never did. That said, the multiplayer is solid but the single player was a disaster.

I snatched it up for 25$ on amazon cyber deal so I can't complain too much.
on December 15, 2013
I loved bf3. I assumed bf4 would be better......

I love this game when it works. I constantly freeze on multiplayer. I have downloaded all the updates, cleared my cache and everything else they ask for you to do. I still freeze. Its beyond frustrating. about 90% of the freezes come from Dawnbreaker on conquest. I have NEVER made it through a multiplayer game in dawnbreaker without my xbox freezing. This happens to everyone on xbox.

These companies rush games and put out terrible products to get the christmas releases. Im sick of buying games that glitch, freeze and dont work.
on January 8, 2014
As the consumer I don't think that this game was ready to be released. From the 5 minutes of research I did, looking into this game, I found that I wasn't the only person having a magnitude of issues. Ranging from random freezes to ridiculous glitches. I think that this game has a lot of potential. However, I think that it shouldn't have been released as a full title with a price to match. I managed to get it for less than full price with the help of Amazon. If I had paid $59.99 I would be heated.

For those of us that are interested in the gaming community, know that DICE is in a lawsuit with EA over the issues. Unfortunately it seems as if they are trying to keep it as hush hush as possible. From the little bit of information I found, EA is upset with DICE for the amount of issues. EA doesn't want DICE to release anymore expansions for this game or release any other games until DICE fixes the bulk of the issues. Again this is just what I managed to find online, who knows the truth. I just hope that someone involved will step up to the plate and admit to the consumers that they are working to fix the issues.

This game is awesome when it works. If and when the issues are patched, this will be a fantastic game that fps fans should own.
on July 21, 2015
I liked Hannah the best and in the advanced warfare game call of duty type ending with the movie trailer at the end Ilona. If you can understand the end of bat man you could understand the end of Stephen gaghan instead of Jason west and his garbled up games. Ghosts and adv warfare have a better more understandable end than reach. Halo however understandable it is depends on gears and stuff like that. If you like Xbox it's good to know what ending the games have and what character appearance roles go with what multiplayer set up like this. Which mode pays to play off or on the Internet.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.