Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2014
I have had all 4 battlefields now for Xbox360. I only play the campaign or single player mode. The game has de-evolved from the first version, in that the game play is less interesting, the character controls more simplified and approaching very arcade like and the story lines that set the battle scenarios have become less and less creative bordering more fantasy then the gritty realism of the game started with. Further, it often does not work correctly. Selecting rate of fire of your automatic weapon may select a gadget instead (like grenade gun). Sometimes the weapon targeting graticuls wont appear. Perhaps most annoying is that there no ability to turn off the music during game play. You also cant bypass the ridiculous scenes that set the next battle context. The game has still maintained its non linearity. Unlike most other games that must follow a narrow path of actions, Battlefield has a wider solution set to reach an objective
3 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2014
I'm a big fan of Bad Company 2 on the 360 and BF3 on the PC, but this isn't doing much for me. You can really tell the 360 version is a bit compromised. It seems to have improved with patches, but early on the game frequently locked up the 360, requiring a system restart...I play with a group of 5 friends, and everyone would lock up every hour or two (not at the same time). When a new map first loads, it takes a minute or two for all the sounds to get going. For instance: you might hear radio calls and soldier voices at first... then gun fire will become audible... then vehicle engines come in... then the rest of the ambience. Often, glass and/or chainlink fence graphics don't load until you're already standing against them... hard to tell if you need to break / cut them to move through. Some of the maps are too big for the 360's reduced player count... some of the maps with multiple air units have no one on the ground taking objectives in rush / conquest.

There are other gameplay elements I don't care for. I frequently get stuck on the terrain... sometimes curbs and/ or window frames require you to hold the jump button to climb over, sometimes they don't. Climbing out of water is rarely smooth. I can't adjust the size/scale of the mini-map. Maybe it's just that I'm not putting nearly the same numbers of hours into this as the others, but it seems like the unlocking pace is slower... this makes it even more difficult to play against the higher-level players; it'd be nice to have a matchmaking feature to reduce level disparities. The server-finding system is lacking a filter for expansion packs, so it's more difficult than necessary to find a game you may not have the proper expansion packs to join (if you try to join an expansion server, it points you towards the DLC store... annoying). The single-player campaign is not interesting...like BF3... NOT like BFBC2.

On the good side: larger squads, commander mode, wavy water/boats, and obliteration game type.... all nice new features.

I'm tempted to try it out on PC... I suspect it would be much better... if only my friends were playing on PC.
One person found this helpful
on June 16, 2014
Let me start this by saying I was really looking forward to this game. I loved BF3 and put many hours into that game. when I heard that Bf4 was coming out I was very excited. I was even more excited to hear that it would be coming out on the current gen consoles (360 and ps3) so you can tell how disappointed I was when it got here and was a big letdown. First off I know that Dice and EA are known for releasing Gltichy games but I was not prepared for it to be this bad. It crashes almost daily and Freezes, lags etc... I was really upset with the Bugs and they still have not figured out and fixed most of them. On top of all that the gameplay is not up to snuff with the previous battlefield games. with the huge maps it is very hard to find people on the console version since it only supports 24 players in a map. I have played it quite a few times on the PC and let me tell you with a decent PC on a 64 player map this game rocks on PC. and its not very buggy at all on PC except for the normal every once in a while freeze. Overall Im pretty disappointed in Dice for making this game this bad on the 360
3 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2013
I loved bf3. I assumed bf4 would be better......

I love this game when it works. I constantly freeze on multiplayer. I have downloaded all the updates, cleared my cache and everything else they ask for you to do. I still freeze. Its beyond frustrating. about 90% of the freezes come from Dawnbreaker on conquest. I have NEVER made it through a multiplayer game in dawnbreaker without my xbox freezing. This happens to everyone on xbox.

These companies rush games and put out terrible products to get the christmas releases. Im sick of buying games that glitch, freeze and dont work.
4 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2014
I was a huge fan of B3. B4 is barely serviceable.

Cons:
- The campaign is average at best.
- The game has a MASSIVE amount of bugs. It is months after launch and they are still fixing them. I doubt they will ever correct all of them, but what does EA care. They got my money.
- Single shot weapons are way overpowered, so everyone can play sniper. Almost as bad as the sniper cheats in CoD.
- I continually notice lag even on a high speed cable internet connection.
- I can't count the number of times I die and the guy I was shooting, and who shot me, runs off with zero health. Ridiculous.

Pros:
- It requires a little more strategy than CoD.
- The new commander role is interesting.

Don't buy this for full price.
2 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2013
Glitchy and broken out of the box, EA has destroyed another game through total bungling of server and insistence on Origin as a platform. Matchmaking is a nightmare, assuming everyone in your party is able to connect to the internet. Still having frame drops and misrendered assets (360) over a month after launch. I felt embarrassed that i convinced my friends to get it so we could all play together.

The game is great when it works, the maps are huge and beautiful (assuming they render correctly). I didnt think we would see another disaster similar to the SimCity launch (thanks again EA) but with this, GTA online, and SimCity, it seems developers are being pushed to deliver product for publishers unable to support online infrastructure. Its mind numbing that even after the huge open beta test period they still got so much wrong.
4 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2014
The Campaign is short, but fun and I like that you get unlocks for the multiplayer portion, which is where its at. The level of customization for weapons/classes is great. There is always another play style to try, and it is ridiculously fun playing with friends, or even alone as things happen in multiplayer that are unexpected, challenging, and fun! However we are on the fifth multiplayer patch and there are some major issues that have not been fixed. Namely game crashes. Since you dont squad up pre match it can be tricky getting on the same squad, let alone the same map as your friends, so when you crash and have to come back only to sit out of a match, that is frustrating, especially when it is on the same map, every time. Also there are many issues with players, vehicles, and weapons not loading properly. If the issues were sporadic and unpredictable it would be different, but you can predict the maps where you will have issues and 9 times out of ten you will.

Overall even with the problems I say buy it!
on November 4, 2013
Two problems arose when I was trying to use this game. When disc 1 is put in the system tells you to download a 529 megabyte update. Then Battlefield 4 starts and it tells you to download a required 2 gigabyte update. If you don't you can't play the game. 1st update (529 megabyte) is corrupted. The 2 gigabyte update would get about 1/3rd downloaded and stop and the screen that says need the 2 gigabyte download would pop up again. I have 10.1 gigabytes of storage space on my hard drive, so that wasn't the problem. After trying for 3 hours last Saturday and another 2 hours on Sunday I returned the game. EA's web site said, on Saturday, all problems with downloads are fixed and people that have a 4 gigabyte Xbox 360 can't download the required update (so they can't play that game). My Xbox 360 is a 20 gigabyte but the update simply won't download. Not Amazon's fault but, I don't want a game I can't play. EA needs to fix the problems. Oh, you can't tell EA directly about problems unless you "create an account" with their web site.
on May 2, 2018
Waste of money as my system will not let me play it because of storage space needed for the game..i have heard the game is a great game but before you purchase investigate to find out if you have enough storage space on your hard drive to play it..it says you have to install the content of the game to your xbox before you can play..says you need 2 gb of free space..i have 2gb and it still says i need more..
on January 6, 2015
Although I like Battlefield 3 more than this game Battlefield 4 is a worth addition to the Battlefield series. I do think it's a absolute rip-off for Dice to double-charge Battlefield 3 Premium members for maps they already purchased again on Battlefield 4, that was a terrible policy decision that showed disregard for the loyal Battlefield gamers. The Second Assault map pack on Battlefield 4 should have been available free of charge to Battlefield 3 premium users as well as the other features that were already paid for.

As for Battlefield 4 alone, the graphics are arguably slightly worse than Battlefield 3 in my opinion. It's a fun game for sure, with many maps, vehicles: land, sea, and air, and unlocks.

Overall 3/5, for the double-charge and lacking improved graphics.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.