Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 460 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 876 reviews
on September 10, 2016
This entire series is my favorite science fiction series of all time. It used to be, in 2010 when I found it on Netflix, my favorite show ever. Now there is some competition. But this will always have a special spot in my heart and mind. I have watched the entire series many times, a dozen at least. This 4th season brings it all together, brings everyone together, Cylons and humans, to survive. The search for a planet they can call home is seriously on and I found the ending so remarkable and confusing I had to watch it over a few times and was the reason I watched the entire series over and over, to figure out what it meant. I don't like to come to the same conclusion we are meant to by the end, I have my own explanations and you can make your own.
on February 14, 2013
I am partial to Science Fiction, however I believe even those who aren't fans of Science Fiction will find this visually stunning, well acted series compelling. I watched this series via Amazon Prime, not while it was aired. I found it diffcult not to continually play the next segment even well into the night sometimes. It kept me on the edge throughout. I heard the writers say, they wrote not plot driven or to attempt to raise ratings. They wrote the plot lines from the point of view: what would real people do in these types of situations? Thus (for me) it made it so real-life and believable. The acting was always excellently done as well, so much credit has to be given to the cast. I won't give any spoilers - but many apparently were upset with the ending to the series. Also - it did tend towards a certain political viewpoint that I do not share as the series neared the end. However, it was so craftily written, I didn't find anything offensive or anything outright offensive. And as for the ending the viewer will have to be the judge. It did cause a stretch in believability, but for me in some aspects, but it sewed up all my unanswered questions and was a very satisfying ending to a remarkable piece of T.V. series history.
on September 13, 2016
Battlestar Galactica has it all: action, thoughtfully portrayed characters, and an even more thoughtful portrayal of grand ideas: the meaning of life and consciousness/identity, our relationship with our mortality, what makes us human, the nature of love, how we shape/are shaped by technology, the road(s) to redemption.... ultimately the series transcends genre, and cuts to the marrow of the human experience in a way that I've rarely found in a TV series. Beautiful!
on July 21, 2015
A very excellent show. It took me several years to finish the show since I was binge watching it on Netflix. I was halfway through season three when it was taken off of Netflix. I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase the rest on Blue Ray since season three started to drag a little. Anyway I finished watching season three and most of season four while renting the show from my local library. A couple of discs were not playing right, but the show was so good I finally decided to buy the final season four on Amazon. I am glad I did. I am usually disappointed when a show ends, but Battlestar Galactica did not let me down. I was riveted to the end, and although not all of the shows plots lines were answered, most were and I was very happy with the ending. It had my wife and I talking about the ending for days. I just finished watching the series on July 16, 2015 and I am still think about the show. I was actually sad when it ended, and Gaius' last words...just amazing.
on January 3, 2014
To me, the story at times seemed stretched, thin and contrived. OK, so it is a fantasy, but the characters seemed to be doing things that wouldn't happed in their situation, things just to force a situation. Other times, I couldn't follow what was going on, like you had to have read the book to get it, but without the book. Overall, I enjoyed watching the whole series, though it could have been better.

Would I recomend it? Depends on what day you ask me. It could go either way. Guess you have to watch it and see for yourself. If you are going to watch it, by all means start at the beginning or there's no chance you will understand what is going on.
on December 23, 2014
When Science Fiction became stale and the television landscape filled with the reality nonsense this show appeared to push the envelope of science fiction and drama. Turning a cheesy 70's sci-fi show into one of the greatest remakes ever to be produced.

The creators of this masterpiece were able to take something that was so memorable in the 70's and flip it until it only resembled the past, but turn it into something even more memorable and relevant today. By taking modern issues and creating allegories for us to study and learn by, this show pushed our imagination and allowed us for a brief moment to submit to the possibility of greatness.

Each hour of this show is a non-stop critique of our own weaknesses, with a lesson to be hopeful. In the years since this show went off the air, I have hoped for something great to come back to Syfy, sadly though in that time nothing approaches what this show achieved, instead we are left with the cheesy movie of the week and WWE wrestling.

If you have never seen this show, I highly recommend picking up all four seasons of this and watching them multiple times over, as its as much intellectually stimulating as it is action-based.
on March 2, 2014
I grew up with the original BSG on television, when the last eposide aired, I did not know it had been canceled and kept looking for a new episode at the same time slot for several months until I finally gave up. BSG1980 was good, but it did not last long enough for a story arc to emerge. When I heard that BSG 2.0 was to be produced for cable, and that they had changed several characters - Boomer and Starbuck from guys to gals. I was apprehensive about the show. I've never had cable or satilite TV so I couldn't watch it anyway. This past year, my nephew gave me a BSG 2.0 season 1 DVD set for Christmas. I was still apprehensive, but I decided to give it a try. Once I got into it, I was blown away by the drama, and the sad situation the fleeing humans found themselves in. I really felt sorry for the characters. Outside of the mechanical cylon centurians, there are no aliens in the show. The story arcs are good and several are occuring at once. You really have to watch the episodes in sequence the first time through to understand how everything came about. Otherwise you won't understand some of what goes on. I ended up buying the other three seasons. By far the best episodes IMO are the first (Pilot) and the last (Finale). The basic events in the original series is repeated here, in a re-imagined and more relistic way. The attack on the colonies, the exedous, finding Kobol, being chased by cylons, joining forces with Pegusus for a while, the loss of Starbuck, and finding earth, along with many new stories. The series comes to a satisfactory and suprising end. In many ways the series ends way I thought the original series should have ended if you take out the cylon story arcs. All in all, I recommend this remake. Its not a children's syfy (Star Wars stlye) program any more. Its an adult show with adult themes for young adults and older.
on March 3, 2016
For some weird reason amazon prime is not letting me get the whole season at once. I can only get it one episode at a time which sucks because it ends up being way more expansive than buying it all at once. I love the show and didn't run into this problem with the other 3 season. This seems kinda like a rip off?
on May 14, 2013
I would give it 10 stars if I could. Loved the music, the characters and the plot line. It lasted 4 seasons as it had an end point it was working towards so it couldn't last any longer.

It got a bit convoluted at times but pretty much sorted itself out in the end. A few questions were left unanswered in my mind but, oh, well.

I had to limit myself to only viewing a few episodes at a ltime or I would have watched them all at once and been lost to my family for a week or two. As it was I watched 3 or 4 in a row. Hated to turn it off to eat or sleep. The background noises of the ship was such an amazing addition. Sort of like watching a move filmed in a submarine. Creaking and groaning. And how solid the doors to the rooms were, again like the seals in a submarine. Nothing like the flat and sterile scenes of Star Trek.

This is not a mans only series. Lots of strong women characers doing things I can only dream of doing and doing better than a man.

I'm thinking of putting it on my Chrstmas list for next year.

So watch a few episodes yourself and see if you don't get hooked and add the word "frak "to your vocabulary.
on July 1, 2017
It's like the writers ran out of ideas, or were just tired of it. We're not at the end yet. Can they pull off an ending that is believable?