Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 18, 2013
I had been wanting this watch forever. When I first saw it several years back, the watch was almost $5000 dollars. My husband ordered this watch for my birthday. I should have returned it right away, because sporadically it would lose time. I thought it might be the battery, but then found it would keep time, so I didn't worry about it too much. I've had the watch about 9 months and since I do not have an "authorized" retailer near me, I contacted Baume & Mercier to find out what steps I would need to take to send them the watch to check it out and to replace the battery. When they responded and told me I would need to send the warranty card back with the watch. I went to my box and got the card only to see that the back of the warranty card was void of stamps from the dealer. I contacted them again and told them about the card and said the watch had been purchased from Amazon and would the receipt be enough. Must to my surprise, I received a rather unfriendly email back that stated Amazon is not an "Authorized" retailer, therefore there is no warranty in place. They further eluded that since Amazon is not an authorized dealer, then the watch "may be counterfeit, second hand, have been damaged through the removal of their serial numbers, otherwise tampered with or of doubtful origin."

If I choose to send the watch back, they will, if the item is genuine, repair at my own cost. Baume & Mercier offers a two year warranty, ONLY from an authorized dealer. My thoughts now are, if there is no warranty in place, then I can take it to any jeweler to replace the battery. If you read the book, taking the watch to anyone but an authorized dealer to get the battery replaced, voids the warranty anyway. But now I am concerned if I have a real Baume & Mercier watch.

Very disappointed that I did not see this prior to making the purchase.
3 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2012
I wanted to get something special for the special someone who I have been seeing for over five years. Knowing that she needed a new watch I began doing my research to find just the right one. After getting some recommendations on types to look at I began looking for the style that would suit her. I ended up reviewing dozens upon dozens of different brands and styles but thought that this one was the best. Even had friends look at some of the ones that I had narrowed down and they also felt this one would be best for her.

Bottom line is that she absolutely loves the watch. It fits her perfectly and looks great on her wrist. The diameter is small which fits her perfectly and she is constantly asking me if I know what time it is.

Due to the amount of research that I did I knew that the price was right and as it is a Baume and Mercier of course it is good quality.

you may want to search around like I did but think that you will come back to this same watch.
2 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2011
I bought this watch as a gift for my mom. It is really cute and elegant when I tried it on my small wrist, since my mom has a small wrist too. The diamonds are small but shining.This watch does not have a second hand, only hour and minite hands, so you need to wait for some time to know if the battery inside works. It is packaged good, shipped fast. The only thing you need to know is the watch from Amazon only has the Amazon 2 year warranty instead of the original glabal 2 year warranty.I am very happy Amazon has this great deal. This is really $4000 value watch with gold and diamonds.
on June 23, 2011
I purchased this watch in June and it's really beautiful. A true dress watch for ladies - modern with a classic twist. The diamonds are small but very good quality. I have a small wrist so the size of the watch face is perfect. I would not recommend this watch for a lady with large/thick wrists as the dial is on the smaller side. Overall, the watch is a great bargain from Amazon.com!
3 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2011
I ordered two B&M watches from Amazon, one is the 8550 Riviera. Both came on time, packaging was awesome and the watches are great.
Would definitely come back here next time. Price is so much less than the retail stores
7 people found this helpful
on September 6, 2012
I did not like the watch. Just did not seem to be worth the price paid. Returned it for credit.
on January 28, 2011
Watch is beautiful. Spouse was very impressed. Arrived well protected and in 1 day with free shipping on prime account.
8 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2011
I am tall with small wrists. I couldn't get this watch on and it looks like it was made for a child. Very disappointing considering the price.
on August 30, 2011
UPDATE July 2017:
Still love this watch and replaced the battery 1 time since purchased in Aug 2011. The price has doubled since then. (Was looking for another amazing deal today)!

Finally splurged on a high end Swiss made watch and so glad I did. Hesitant at first to purchase from Amazon but no need to have worried. Came in the original box and packaging - very impressive. Difficult to determine from picture the exact size on wrist. I'm petite and have small wrists and the watch is perfectly proportioned - doesn't dominate my arm/wrist with band or dial. It's simply gorgeous! Had my local jeweler (approved Baume & Mercier)to remove a couple links and the sales person was remarking what a beautiful watch and she'd make sure my $5,000 investment was taken care of properly! Couldn't be happier or more delighted with this purchase - it's such a bargain. Thanks Amazon!
10 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question