Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Baxton Studio Simms Shoe Cabinet in Dark Brown
|Price:||$87.58 & FREE Shipping|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied storage bench per product instructions
- Typical assembly time of 2 hours
- Moving bench to another location is not included
- Longer assembly times may result in additional service fees
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Plastic door hardware
- Silver plastic legs
- This product DOES NOT comply with the Composite Wood Product emissions standards as set forth by the California Air Resources Board. Resource: http://www.arb.ca.gov/toxics/compwood/retailersfacts.pdf
- Ideal for hallway, mud room or entryway
- Two storage compartments each fit six pairs of shoes
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Baxton Studio Simms Shoe Cabinet in Dark Brown
Merry Products 6-Tier Wooden Shoe Dresser B00NQ07180
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||dark brown||Dark Brown||mahogany||Walnut|
|Item Package Weight||54 pounds||75 pounds||101.8 pounds||50.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
From the get-go there were issues. The instructions were horribly written/drawn out. It took my husband forever to build the product. Next we noticed that even before we placed shoes in the drawers that the cabient was front heavy and it was leaning forward. We decided maybe the cabinet was supposed to lean forward a bit since both of the cabinets (which were built correctly) were leaning forward. We put our shoes in and 2 weeks later, one of the cabinets fell forward almost killing one of our cats. This product should be pulled off the market. If I can figure out how to post a picture of the cabinets I will.
So...let me dig in....
1) a decent amount of space in a small cabinet. It's only about 9 inches deep at its maximum, but the shoes end up vertical, so you get 4 rows of shoes, two in each drawer.
2) Once you finally get it built, it looks OK. Reasonable looking quality for the cheap price in terms of the visual impression it gives just sitting around.
3) Well, at least there are 1 and 2
1) Garbage materials : A) the legs are plastic molded, and one side of each has a dented or protruded spot where it looks like pieces were molded together in batches. Crappy looking, and you have to play hide the defect by putting the worst on the back legs, and hoping you get decent ones so the front doesnt look bad. B) the plastic hinges inside that you mount the particle board shelves too are cheap and brittle. If you tighten the screws even a little too much, they will snap the plastic and your drawers will become unusable. I figured this out after mangling the first one. Nice. And of course, I get it together, and then notice that the top of the unit's finish has a large crack in it. Bravo.
2) Poor design - There arent enough screws - the drawer pieces are held together with flimsy plastic and ONE tiny screw on each side. Ridiculous. Also, the back piece for each shelf, where the fronts of your shoes will be pushing against once inside, is not only not secure, held on with two tiny screws, but it also is only finished on one side, when you can clearly see both side edges. Now, one side COULD have been left unfinished if it fit flush against the rest of the inside drawer/shelf, but it's not flush.Read more ›
However, I could not find anything else on the market with such a shallow depth and that looked clean/modern. The piece is exactly what I expected. Very Ikea like in terms of finish/quality/looks.
For those, like me, who have a lot of experience putting together Ikea pieces, the level of time/effort was pretty much as expected. It uses the same cam locks and was very similar. It does NOT require trips to the hardware store and all the pieces fit exactly as specified.
Be forewarned though, the quality of the pieces, parts, and instructions is NOT up to Ikea level. Although all the pieces are there, they are poorly marked, and many of the screws APPEAR to be the same, however, there are small differences and if you are not careful you will put a screw right through your finish veneer (there are 4 longer screws that MUST attach the finished "drawers" to the sides). Look at the parts list and instructions carefully prior to starting, and follow them exactly noting the different screws, and you will be successful.
Time will tell how it holds up, my guess is with cam locks and particle board you will not want to put much stress on this piece.
In a nutshell, think Ikea looks/finish, discount Ikea construction/assembly.
The wooden dowels and Titus minifix screw pieces (#2) have a tendancy to go in at a slight angle - not perfectly straight. So be careful when putting them into pieces B & D, especially. I had to remove and re-screw one of the minifix screws in order to get the top piece (A) to sit level on the top and secure the minifix screws properly.
I disagree with the reviews saying it tips over. I haven't had it very long and have only put light-weight shoes on the top shelf (flip flops, ballet flats, etc). I have also put the cabinet on a hardwood floor. It may be more likely to tip over on a carpeted surface. Like other reviewers, I would recommend securing the cabinet to the wall, if you are worried about it tipping forward.
I inspected all pieces when I took them out of the box and saw no scratches or dents were found. Then, I saw a few scratches at the final stages of assembly. I wish I had been more careful when setting the pieces on the floor during the assembly process.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great step up from the plastic bins we were using previously. Very high sneakers need to be pushed way in for the doors to close nicely, but otherwise, it's holding a dozen pair... Read morePublished 19 days ago by redfox
Worked as expected. A little wobbly on the feet, due to the height vs depthPublished 1 month ago by Beat K.
Difficult to construct at home. Beautiful when done though. A little too heavy, so secure around children.Published 1 month ago by Donna Lea
Great product, easy to assemble. Works fantastic in my narrow front hallPublished 3 months ago by AtlasDad
If I could give this zero stars I would. Brackets broke within first week. I bought this even after reading the reviews that said it would break and i should've listened. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jen
Perfect storage for my shoes. The assembly directions were great.Published 6 months ago by Queen Mother
The cabinet is NOT plastic. It's made of engineered wood. It looks really nice, but it's a bit small. Read morePublished 6 months ago by doctor2009
Package and cabinet both arrived with a hole in them. Unsatisfactory.Published 7 months ago by Michael Brian Sichter
Unfortunately it';s as flimsy as other folks have reported on. Nothing wrong with the sellers. Its the design itself. Read morePublished 8 months ago by S. Mc Donnell